SilverBoy: My Chevrolet Enjoy LS - 38k Kms Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello to fellow Enthusiasts, this is my first ownership review on our newly acquired Chevrolet Enjoy LS, read on for more fun!

Presentation1.jpg

Intro:

Me and my dad are always in love with these MPV's because we like to travel with many people on-board just for fun and always have that attitude: we have one more space to stack you inside! is what made us buy the firstly Omni which still caters to the entry level buyers who want to take their family. So like this we did many trips in Omni but i did not drive as i was too small.So i steadily started driving the Versa.

Previous Rides:

Maruti Omni: 1995 - 2005: 45,000 kms on odo when sold.

Maruti Versa: 2005 - 2010: 45000 kms.

Maruti Eeco: 2010 - 2010: 13000 kms, yeah sold within a year as it did not suit us.

Maruti Alto: 2010 - 2013: 30,000 kms, sold my babe with an heavy heart[frustration]

After these stories, we got bored of alto within a year and we started looking for a good MUV/MPV where our parameters stood like this:

* Must carry 6-7 people on board.

* Should be a diesel powered vehicle as i cannot think of the inconsistent petrol prices.

* Should be ahead of the segment which we owned earlier.

* Features to match with the current generation.

* Budget was till 9 lakhs.

These were our only parameters which looks simple but made the decisions and tasks very tedious, here's how it was:

* My dad is short, and his nature of driving his previous vehicles without the Bonnet at front(except alto) made him to look Bolero, Sumo and the likes to be a monster trucks, he wasn't satisfied with any of them once he sat inside these cars. We left many options there.

* The Venture which came in perfectly to our needs was rejected by me straight away as i could not consume it's age old TDI engine and the reviews saying its too less powered. There were heated debates with me and my dad to buy this.At that time we were not in the position to buy one too.

* With these we were left out with no options and i being forced to buy the Venture, which i agreed to some extent.

* Come 2012 Auto-Expo where we saw many exciting supposedly launching models where Enjoy also made its presence, along with Evalia and AL's yet to launch Stile, there we were somewhat satisfied of getting options.

How did the search process went?

* We used to roam around city looking for used MPVs/ Diesel hatches every Sundays, look at some cars like and to reject it the very next day and was not prepared to spend lakhs for a used one.

* The Quanto was released in September '12 which made a good deal and reached to the finale till the end, and you will know the movie here :http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...indra-quanto-c2-deal-enjoy-packed-sealed.html

The competitor and winner at the front which was waiting to get registered:
08.jpg

The above link makes the list of contenders we had, I'll just name them here:

Maruti Ertiga: When it was released in March 2012, we saw the prices and was determined not to buy the product from Maruti, because the space came as a shocker to us which i was not ready to buy as i do not want the passengers to travel sitting tight.

Mahindra Quanto: Was perfect in every angles and with our parameters list and the initial pricing of 7.50 lakhs made us to seriously decide upon the vehicle, but on the TD some of my initial impressions vanished because my dad did not find it easy to drive and quite uncomfortable for me to make a decision like this.

Finally our Decision:

As I was closely following up with the internet, i waited for this Enjoy to get released with cheaper price tag where it was released as i wanted, because i knew Chevrolet didn't want to leave its position, Since the market knows that Indian buyers need it less priced, they threw this product against Ertiga to see some numbers, well it doesn't really eat Ertiga so far, we'll watch further.

This is how the competitors for us went, let us watch how we decided upon Enjoy further.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: SilverBlade: My Chevrolet Enjoy LS - Initial Ownership Review

Buying the Enjoy:

Soon after we heard the launch of Enjoy in May, we were eager to see the car in person to assess whether it would come home or not,

Two days before its launch, i stumbled upon the TD Enjoy in front of KHT Chevrolet Showroom, so i decided to take a test drive the following day,

Next day: We both went to the showroom to test the vehicle, it was standing right in front of the showroom for marketing purposes, then there were not many people who was checking the car except us both, slowly an enthusiastic SE came to us explaining the features offering us the key to drive the car, we were off taking the vehicle for a short test drive where it impressed me and my dad because to drive in Bangalore felt nice and he did not hesitate to take turns carefully which meant he straight away loved the car, then i came to the driver seat where i penned down my initial impressions here (post #104):
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...chevrolet-enjoy-launch-coverage-pg-8-a-7.html

This was how the Enjoy impressed us.

The prices were not told by the day it was launched, we waited for a day and finally got the list saying the diesel version starts @ 8.20 lakhs which made us a good deal for the features offered.

After this we waited for a month for finances, At the starting of June, i put my Alto for sale in the ads and sold it within a week because i got a good deal.

Soon after i sold my alto,we went into the showroom straight away to book the car, then we paid the 2 lakhs which we got from Alto as a booking amount and paid another 4 lakhs for next day and pending 2 lakhs i took a loan from HDFC.

Here is the buying summary:

Total On-road Price: 8,22,437.
Cash Paid: 6,22,437.
Loan Amount: 2,00,000

Next day (Saturday) i went to submit the loan documents where the process went much easier and the personnel there were happy to help us.

Then i heard the news that my vehicle is dispatched and would reach the stock-yard in 2-3 days time, so then we requested the SE to make the delivery as soon as the car comes.

We then left the showroom and saw another enjoy which was getting ready for the delivery, it sported the roof rails, door visors which gave the car a very good looks where we immediately ordered both of them.

Roof Rails: 4500.
Door Visors: 1500.

On Monday i got a message that my loan was approved and on Wednesday i got a call from the showroom representative to confirm my name and address for RTO purposes, then i asked for the status of the vehicle where i was told that the car had reached the stock-yard, BOOM, straight away went to the stockyard to see my boy with TAI's PDI checklist, checked things and drove it inside the stock-yard cum service center, then told them to proceed further for registration.

There i see my boy just hatched (yes at-least for me since i saw first time)
07.jpg

D-Day:
On that day we needed the car in the evening as my mom felt it was auspicious time to get the car. So i did not sleep for the whole day, neither i didn't know what to do for i was restless and was going nuts.

Finally we board the bus to reach the showroom and in the while me and my dad was busy discussing how the bus was built and the parts used to finish not thinking about our Enjoy, we'll keep it aside as it was very short trip from home.

We were greeted by the Showroom guys and the tell tales happens of finishing the documentations and all those hooplas.

Finally at 6:30 pm we get out and give a look at our car in a fairly cleaned condition with wax's haze seen here and there, the SE didn't show that much of interest like we got while getting our Alto, (Chevrolet has to learn a lot from Maruti), so we bade them good bye with only a tape bound in the bonnet.

Soon we went to the temple near my home to get the pooja done while it did not happen quickly because of the monsoon showers which showed no mercy, by the power-cut! the devotees in the temple did the pooja without any hesitation and made the pooja experience much better than the delivery experience. Chalo we go to our relatives home for a show off.

During the time of Pooja:Okay looks please excuse the quality
1c1389d6_l.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: SilverBoy: My Chevrolet Enjoy LS - Initial Ownership Review

Mode: ENJOY

On the second day we took it for a highway ride to Nanjangud temple (60kms away from Mysore), it was so nice to see the heads turning towards the new car and many faces with the awkward look: Why is Innova shrinked? I enjoyed it to the core which is still happening with cabbies.

The drive was good as i did not drive it roughly thinking its in running in period which is not anymore in diesel cars, so for the whole day I nor my dad took it beyond 80 while the car was begging me to hammer the accelerator saying "Are you going to Chase me or not?" which tempted me but i hold my breadth keeping in mind of the stupidity topic "running in"

We did all sorts of circus of going to the rear seats, sleeping by folding the seats and all.

I liked the features of Rear A/C, 4 power windows which also illuminates when parking light is on (first time in the car which we owned :D) okay i know i'm showing off, won't go further on this!

DRIVE:

This is were my real enjoyment come:

1) First and foremost being a diesel one, loved the grunt and love the whole body shrugging like brrrr everytime i switch the engine off.

2) The RWD where i feel someone's pushing me from behind along with the turbo whistle which sweetly hums swwoooooyeeeee, as crazy as it can be.

3) The torque in the second gear is superbly done which literally drags you like a beast but comes under control when i press the clutch, very nice to shoo off the small cars and auto-ricks(who at their fault) off my way.

4) Steering is nice and precise to hold, Though i prefer for it to weigh more for my liking.

5) Comfortable cruiser and takes off lighter pot-holes and uneven roads with ease.

Mileagoiment

Gave me 15kmpl in the first highway run and 14.06 kmpl in city run-abouts, currently at 12kmpl with fully city driving and with A/C on.

Passenger's Enjoyment:

1) Nobody complained about the space, seats are supportive enough, but needs more cushioning.

2) Here's comes the Enjoying part:
We board 8 adults with 3 kids on board where the purpose is utilized.

3) 7 of our friends went for a nearby small hill station where it did not give up and did not hesitate to climb the hills either.

4) Our member Varun (Our DIY pro): Liked the vehicle to the core and liked sitting in every seats of comfortably, needless to mention the rains of praises he gave for my car, of all the most the spoiler is he was very happy that i opted Enjoy instead of Chop-Shop(Quanto - sorry no offence to owners, but i still would have owned the quanto if it was my decision fully)

Dis-Enjoyment:
Compiling ownership review doesn't only tells the impressions that we see, we do have to take the responsibility to make aware of the public to know the back-up of the company and its operations.

1) Plastics are hard and rough to the core, much worse and not worth for offering.Could have been batter if the interiors were made black.

2) Brakes are insufficient and seems like the boosters doesn't work. and if by any chance Chevrolet India goes through this forum review, i would say please look into this matter before i throw tantrums at you guys.

3) There are suspension thuds over bad pot-holes which is kind of not easy to hear.

This is it for now, more to come as some issues are creeping up.

First Service update @ KHT Chevrolet:

The first service carried nothing but some checks which i think nothing was done, the SE said he replaced some brake booster tank which did not yield fruitful experience and its the same as before.

After-Market Accessories:

1) Roof Rails - First and foremost thing was to get the roof rails done to give a mean character, but it was not delivered by those showroom guys which reached lately and finally got settled last Thursday.

2) Door Visors - To enhance the looks and for a purpose that windows can be opened during the rainy season in 1/4th position so that people who do not want A/C can still breath fresh air without water getting in.

Blackened Door pillars - Was a part of decorating my car and mine being a base model(Door handles and mirrors unpainted) looks good for me.

ORVM Indicators - Of LED type to alert the two wheelers, Sorry couldn't resist showing off!

Side door guards - Came for a good purpose because my dad alerady made it kiss the gate, a light scratch which did not disappoint me and am happy for body not getting damaged.

ICE - Took the setup from my alto, to re-iterate, my rig goes like this:

* Pioneer HU with two pre-outs and USB reader.

* Two pairs of JBL 300 Watts for front and back and the back one carries tweeters as well.

* JBL Sub-woofer 1150W.

* JBL 4CH Amp: 800W.

Rear parking sensors with camera - Actually the camera and Sensors come differently, while the LCD and camera cost me 5000 bucks and the reverse parking sensors from Xenos cost me 1500 bucks, well enjoying, since then i'm enjoying reversing too!

Seat-covers - The Base model comes with fabric seats in beige color which is prone to soiling, so opted for beige and black combo to match up with the interiors.

Vinyl Flooring - Since the mats are beige in color, i did not find it very good to be OE, so spent 2000 for black vinyl flooring for better cleaning.

Hope all of you had a good time reading, time for some photos: (please excuse for low quality pics, will come within tomorrow.)

c318ab15_o.jpg

Blackening C Pillars:
05.jpg

Roof View of the Enjoy:
06.jpg

Getting Accessorized:
10.jpg

ICE Setup on its way:
11.jpg

The USP of the Enjoy while the seats were in SIP(Stitching In Progress)
12.jpg

Tail-lamp removed to fix parking sensors:
13.jpg

Can keep my ground-nuts inside and can munch easily if left open, pathetic finish i say and very hard to reach horn at times.
14.jpg

The console is designed only to fit the OE Music player, did a little work-around as per Varun's guidelines and finally fixed my pioneer HU there.
16.jpg

Fitments in full swing yet the progress was very slow:
15.jpg

Just to kill boredom, tried some shots:
17.jpg

e7969138_o.jpg

Random Shots:
DSCF4897.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Finally the review is up, after waiting for 2 months !!

Any way good. Need more interior pic's.

Varun was about to say this that finally the review is up where i thought vishwas might think to post in a long term review after a years completion[lol]
Anyways congratulations once again buddy and the combination of your silver enjoy with black door handles, orvm, roof rails looks smashing man.Loved this along with blackened pillars.
Enjoy your drive and post the further set of pictures of your accessories fitments and final looks after fitings of all.

Very well written review [thumbsup]. All the mods have been very well executed and have enhanced the look of your car further. I would like to see the pics of the HU. Want to see the what engineering you and Varun have done in there [wink]. After driving Alto, I am sure, you would be happy with the real turbo unlike the fake turbo (AC off [lol]) of baby Suzuki!
I loved those comparo pics(with Innova). Although, even the Toyota is looking smart, but Enjoy is indeed stealing the show.

Wish you lacs of happy miles, and do take it seriously. Dont end up selling this car without completing atleast a lac.

PS: 5 Star rating only after you treat us with some more pics :wink:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Last set of pics:

DSCF4112.jpg

DSCF4137.jpg

DSCF4154.jpg

DSCF4059.jpg

DSCF4249.jpg

Completed one month till today. We went for a short trip today,

So a small review on the owner's take on the Enjoy:

* On the maneuverability front, the car's great because of the compact dimensions, only thing to be kept in your mind is the length while turning the vehicle.

* Performance is not exciting like i expressed earlier, it's just an average performer in this front and needs some down-shifts while overtaking.

* The real enthusiasm comes in the 2nd gear while you cruise in the cities and 4th gear while overtaking, the vehicle did not let me down anywhere while i was in the above mentioned gears.

* Fifth gear once it's shifted to makes NVH levels quiet to a greater extent, but doesn't really have the desired punch in the motor.

* Body roll felt in the rear and middle seats.I did not feel anything so kept driving in my own pace until i got scoldings from mom to drive sensibly.

* Suspensions are not good though they take off many small pot-holes.

Finally the review is up, after waiting for 2 months !!

Any way good. Need more interior pic's.
Correction please, it was only a month since i booked it, i know waiting sucks ([;)])

Varun was about to say this that finally the review is up where i thought vishwas might think to post in a long term review after a years completion
Anyways congratulations once again buddy and the combination of your silver enjoy with black door handles, orvm, roof rails looks smashing man.Loved this along with blackened pillars.
Enjoy your drive and post the further set of pictures of your accessories fitments and final looks after fitings of all.
Thank you Vijay, this was long impending task i know, but everything's in order now.

Very well written review . All the mods have been very well executed and have enhanced the look of your car further. I would like to see the pics of the HU.Want to see the what engineering you and Varun have done in there .
Thank you Akash, roll back the pages for pics of the HU, you won't find any difference.

After driving Alto, I am sure, you would be happy with the real turbo unlike the fake turbo (AC off ) of baby Suzuki!
Lolz, i liked the turbo in my vehicle, but liked it more in the Alto for fun factor.

I loved those comparo pics(with Innova). Although, even the Toyota is looking smart, but Enjoy is indeed stealing the show.
IMH, that Innova (First Gen) was maintained in a superb condition, guess what? It was a yellow board too! I don't think it really competes with the Innova anyway whereas many people does the same.

Wish you lacs of happy miles, and do take it seriously. Dont end up selling this car without completing atleast a lac.
Ha ha, don't be afraid, this is our dream, currently i do not have any plans to sell this, (unless someone pays me 9 lakhs[roll])

Excellent pics again[thumbsup]. I have started liking Enjoy. BTW any plans for upsizing. Those wheel arcs are crying loud for some fat rubber.

Thank you Akash, roll back the pages for pics of the HU, you won't find any difference.
True.

Lolz, i liked the turbo in my vehicle, but liked it more in the Alto for fun factor.
Yeah, But it seriously gets on my nerves on highways.

IMH, that Innova (First Gen) was maintained in a superb condition, guess what? It was a yellow board too! I don't think it really competes with the Innova anyway whereas many people does the same.
I am a hardcore Innova fan. BTW I know a guy who has done 4lac km+ and his Innova too looks as good as new. Will post a pic tomorrow.

Ha ha, don't be afraid, this is our dream, currently i do not have any plans to sell this, (unless someone pays me 9 lakhs[roll])
[thumbsup]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

BTW any plans for upsizing. Those wheel arcs are crying loud for some fat rubber.
Tyres will be replaced only when the OE ones become completely bald, Maybe will replace with 15" inchers with alloys next time.

Congratulations[clap] for the "silver boy".

Wish you many many happy miles with it.
Nice pictures of interior and the vehicle specially last few ones .

Hi Vishwas, the roof rails add character to your car. Looks good.

Tire upgrade is necessary, I guess 15 inches wont fit, it may rub the wheel arches at rear.

How about the ground clearance with 7 people on board. Because as in the spec's it has been mentioned as 165 mm, lesser than 800.

wow excellent and finally much awaited review has come. The seat covers are really matching one.
BTW: In many of the pics number is visible.

Hi Vishwas, congrats & a very nice review!
The roof-rails are adding a good character to the Enjoy! Are those fitted by drilling into the roof or just stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom