The Italian Beauty in Red Fiat Punto 90HP

Thread Starter #1
Well my search for a new car had begun a year ago when my my old car a little chevy spark was starting to get a little borring and a bit too small for the sizes of people that it was being made to carry. Went through a lot of cars intially has got my mind set on the a polo 1.6, never had the chance to test drive one because of the pompous attitude of the volkswagen dealers. Finally was able to drive a 1.2 highline that my uncle owned the car was nice but it was too borring felt like being in a physics lab. then the beat came along in its diesel form it would be natural for me to upgrade from a spark to a beat but, i thought that it would not be a upgrade they are basically the same cars, so that idea was dropped.

alon came october when fiat started to offer some fantastic deals on their cars their top of the line 90 bp diesel would cost me the same as a top of the line petrol from any of its competitors, but being a fiat i was still apprihensive visited the concorde motors showroom at prabhadevi for a looksee at the punto had gone there with the intention of taking a look at the car and picking up a brochure, but before i left the sales adviser just asked me to take a seat in the car and feel it, i thought why not so took a seat in it and it was like everything was perfectly at reach, it just felt right. So in my mind and heart the decision for the punto was made i would not buy anything else, finally convinced my mom to also some and take a look at the car, but the reception at concorde this time was not good, it felt as though they were not interested in making a sale was made to wait for over half an hr before the advisor came up, he was able to exalin the car to me pretty well, but he was pushing the car too much as in saying things like the exotica red will be discontinued soon and all that, i gave him the benifit of the doubt asked him for a td of the car he said it was not available rigth now, asked him to get it to my house in a few days he said he would be there the comming monday at around 10, n the given monday 10 came and went but no sign of him a lot of phone calls later he finnally arrived at 6 had also asked him to get someone to evaluate my spark, after he came late in the first palce he was ina hurry to finish the test drive, so was only able to take a hurried one, was throughly impressed with the car but not so with the sales advisor, also the amt they would offer for my spark was over 40 k less than what i was anticipating for her. Didnt tell them them too much said i would get back to them about this.

So the search for another dealer began went to wasan motors chembur, the sales adviser maulik was very enthusiastic about explaining about the car, since i knew about the car i asked him to get some one to evaluate my spark, they were willing to offer my around 5k more than what i had anticipated for her, so that closed the deal i would purchase the car from wasan motors chembur. Finally the process of purchasing the car began i wanted the car delivered by the 4th of nov on my bday, so we approached si for the car loan formalities, even though my aunt is on the lawyer panel of sbi but they made us jump through hoops and loops for it finally we called up the head PRO officer to intervene and the the process was completed in 2 days after that. I had made it very clear to the sales adviser that i would not take delivery of the car if it was older than july date production. After making the down payment for the car whle i waited for the sbi process to complete the S.A maulik started the process of ordering the car from the factory he called me up with the vin number it was a july manufactured model, told him to go ahead with the pdi and registration process.

The car arrived at the showroom the next evening i reached there all exited to give a look over went through the car clicked pics paid him the remaining downpayment and told him that the he should have the rtgs payment from sbi by tomorrow. The sbi rtgs went through the next day as promised and the car was sent to the rto for registration, but since it went in the evening the number would not be ready by the evening the next day for delivery so told the sales rep that i will take the delivery of the car on a temporary registration.He made me write a letter that i would be taking delivery of the car on my own risk to which i agreed. I was not able to sleep that night due to the excitement of the delivery, the next day went by too slowly for my liking till the time of delivery reached there in time with my mother in our little spark who would be handed over to the dealer and the red baron would come in to my hands.

With the formalities completed we started her up and first found out how to use the blue and me unit for the car the sales rep explained it all to me and we were ready to drive off but the guys at wasan motors are so stingy that they put only 3 ltrs of fuel in the car so had to fill pull into a fuel bunk to fill her up, then the nervous drive home through peak rush hour traffic through sion was nerve racking but finally got her home and parked her in the parking and i was releaved, spent a lot of the evening just staring at the car not believing how good she looks, to Quote my mother "this car looks royal compared to anything else on the road". The pics will come up in a bit.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

the new italian beauty in my life

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSCN1576_zpse5130794.jpg

DSCN1577_zps85ce9b04.jpg

DSC_00551_zps40002e9a.jpg

last pics are the projector setup not too happy with the finish will probably redo it

DSC_00841_zpsc132f1c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me the first to congratulate you .Even if you have 10 car back in the home, but buying the new car always gives the goose bump. Enjoy the ride.

@Ajinkya: Buying a Fiat in these times, you are a brave man. Congrats. Hope the ownership remains trouble free and enjoyable. It was so sweet to post the snaps of your Spark before those of the Punto. Very nicely maintained car. How much did you get for it? Also, how much dosh for the angel eyes?

Waiting for more snaps and a detailed ownership review.

All the best and enjoy your car.

Ajinkya, hearty congrats for your beast and the beauty. The car slowly grows on you with evey mile covered. Wish you happy and safe miles ahead with your prized possession. Happy revving the beast [thumbsup]

Btw, your post truly depicted your emotions. Welcome to Fiat and Punto club.

Thread Starter #5
thanks for the invite have been enjoying her since november 2011 and she is about to reach 40000 km

Thread Starter #6
completed 40000km today now prepping the car for a kerela roadtrip, looking the change the tyres to yoko c drives

Great review of the Punto. Even I had a 90hp in white. I had to sell it before coming here to the UK. You have no idea how much I miss it. The Punto is such a treat to drive.

@ Mr Sam Dinkar,
Please clarify your comment that it is brave to buy a Fiat in these times. Also advise a good (used) diesel alternative.
Regards

Thread Starter #14
he said that cause of all the uncertainty that has always surrounded the brand especially when it comes to the servicing part

Congratulations on your ferrarri red.Looks smashing in this shade.Fiats are awesome to drive, steering feedback, suspention setup.Good built quality with the national diesel engine to drive.Enjoy your drive and post some pictures of your new shoes on.

Top Bottom