My First Car, My Wagon-R LXi CNG : Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I cant tell you how excited I am and my feeling while being able to finally write a ownership review. I am sure this won't be perfect one but, this definitely means a lot to me as I have been waiting for years for this time to come.

So here I am very excited to announce (though many of you would have already know about it, thanks to your valuable guidance that you guys provided during my selection process) that time during coming week My Wagon R Lxi CNG would be coming home in Bakers Chocolate laden colors.

When it comes to idea behind buying, cars shortlisted, car bought and why this particular model, I think I would like to skip this part and guide you to real time as it happened scenario leading to this selection. Please do review below mentioned thread of mine which takes care of who buying process, my specific requirements and my reasons for selection.

Selection Process: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...requesting-guidance-select-best-option-4.html

I will surely be regularly updating it with my experience, thinking and findings about my car post I receive the same sometime next week. What I have experienced till this point of time has already been summarized in the thread mentioned above.

In the next post in this Thread I shall be posting about by Sales experience and Loan approval experience till date. On the cost of vehicle there is nothing much to share as Maruti dealers are not much interested in making a discount sale, all I got was OTR of 4.85L with a 8K free ICE system.

Till the time I take delivery of my car, I would like to utilize the time to finalize some of the accessories for my car. Thinking should I start a new thread for it or should I do it over here? Any suggestions?

One of the core things I want to know is should I go for under body rust proof coating as rains are on their way? Also I already have a thread started to finalize my ICE, please drop by and provide inputs if you can

ICE Finalization for my Car: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/13134-ice-suggestions-my-new-waggie.html

Dealership Review

Dealership:
Regent Autolinks Pvt. Ltd, Ghaziabad
Vipul Motors Pvt. Ltd, Noida

I am considering both the dealership for review because TD, information gathering and negotiations went on with both of them till I finalized and booked with Regent.

It was Vipul with whom the conversation started. Like any other Ms dealership I was offered no TD for a CNG variant and its was VXi that was offered for a ride. No issues in having a TD booked either are dealership or for one over home. They were helpful enough and generous enough to guide me to their other dealership where a CNG variant could be offered for a TD.

The only negative that I will associate with Vipul was their non-desperate attempt of salesman to sell the units, probably because we walked to store and not a direct lead of theirs. They answered all questioned post their brief overview of variant and cost details (all this within showroom) and they really were not interested in selling the car to us once we insisted to move out and check out the car.

On the other hand once the car was finalized, I was looking for a good deal. They were professional and comfortable to deal with but were not interested in cutting any deal. Not even agreeing to deliver my choice of color. Hence moved out and took offer from parallely negotiating Regent.

I was referred to Regent by a relative who has good experience and deal from them when he purchased last year. I was not very optimistic about them as they were far away from my place. Then one of my co-workers was linked as well and this was comforting as now I was sure, whatever deal they offer Vipul will never be able to match it.

The sales person approach (through reference) was generous and helpful enough. Came down with TD vehicle 2-3 time to my office (35 kms from his dealership) without reluctance. Spent 4-5 hours with me during loan processing and accessories finalization and PDI check. There are no issue or reluctance when I requested for PDI check and even took me to stock yard in heavy rains and waited patiently till I completed PDI check to my satisfaction.

The only negative that was the fact that SE's has no clue on technical aspect. I requested if Techo can be integrated in by dashboard like a VXi and he was clueless. It was post this time he become little uncomfortable dealing with me. Overall the experience has been good till this time but there are important check points ahead and I shall keep posting about it as and when it happens.

[drive] [cheers]

Re: My First Car, My Waggie Versioned Lxi CNG : Ownership Experience

Congrats on your Waggie, I have been following the above threads.

Waiting for pics.

Hey,
Congrats on your tall boy. Waggie was my first car too. Underbody protection for maruti cars are must. Regarding ICE I have given my suggestions.

Thread Starter #4
Congrats on your Waggie, I have been following the above threads.

Waiting for pics.
Anshuman, you have been very helpful. Thanks for your wishes, pics would be coming as soon as delivery is received. Pretty excited.

Hey,
Congrats on your tall boy. Waggie was my first car too. Underbody protection for maruti cars are must. Regarding ICE I have given my suggestions.
i

Kinky, great to know, hope you has good experience with Waggie. I am still thinking on underbody protection as Maruti sources tell me that all parts are well sandbox painted and hence do not need this cote for at least a one monsoon. On ICE I have shared update on Thread as well.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Guys,

Sincere apologies for not being able to keep you guys updated with what's happening on this front. As per schedule got my Waggie delivered a weeks back and I am trying to get a grip of same (remember this is my first car and first time real long driving experience).

As expected I am loving the ride and definitely pros and cons list are getting updated with each ride. I would keep them sharing on a ongoing basis but let me keep this post and other posts today restricted to deliver experience.

Delivery Experience:

As confirmed by executive he called me first thing in morning to confirm that they are geared up for delivery and what time I would like to receive the same. To fasten the process he got all insurance related details from me on phone itself and the MS insurance process was completed withing 30 mins (remember they have a online centralized processing, which I king of liked for transparency).

Post this me, my better half, friends (2 of them) reached the dealership on time and the Waggie was all equipped with requested accessories and was getting final cleaning for a delivery. I just can't explain the feeling and joy I had on realizing that finally that day has came for which I waited for years. Let me tell you a secret, I intentionally kept on spending time in accessories section, service section and other clarifications.

Having done that the feedback was recorded by other representative of dealership who were humble and cheerful enough to make the moment good. One of the ladies did try to push in for a insurance sale but she wasn't convinced enough so no chance that I would be going to be convinced. Having completed the remaining formalities, the chocolates were gifted, the keys also and we rode off with our new Waggie impressing everyone on board.

That was the brief experience I shared. if you guys want to know any thing in specific I would be glad to do the same. Pics coming up in next post

Thread Starter #7
I have been driving around in my Waggie for about 2 weeks and I have a lot of points to share with you. I know many of them would be obvious or many of them would looks like stupid points (given that I am new to 4 wheel driving) but still I think it's important to share my thoughts with you. I am not going to categorize it as pros and cons but would leave interpretation of same to you guys:

Points to Ponder upon

- During my research for a perfect vehicle for me, I have almost heard that there is hardly any difference between a CNG run and a Petrol Run. However I have noticed that on CNG mode the engine is more noisy and rough compared to Petrol. If this can be easily identified by me, it can surely be done so by any other enthusiast.

- Driving position, egress and ingress is the most positive points that I would give for Wagiee. I am having no issues whatsoever and is almost as natural as I would like to have. I am 6' 2" but hardly feel like one. However I would have loved to test it on a Tilted Steering mode which unfortunately is not available in my variant.

- AC is powerful enough for a moderate summer afternoon drive. It is extremely comfortable for the 2 in front but not so for the one's in back. I believe the blowers at the center is little under powered as I continue to demand more from them in all modes. Ideally I use them at 2 or 3 when 2 people are riding the vehicle and that is more than enough for us.

- I got my tank filled late in night and with 200 psi I managed just 8.1Kg CNG after the tank was empty. This is slightly disappointing as mentioned capacity was about 12KG and I was expecting around 10Kg. Though report over forum has indicated anything between 7 to 9 as what it ideally takes.

- The mudflaps and bumper guards provided by my dealership MGA store is ridiculous. bumper guards have starting coming off and 2 of the mud flaps have already fallen on roads somewhere. I never expected this quality from MGA. I was thinking of going for seat cover from them during my 1st service but I am having second thoughts about it.

- I was real scared about automatic change from CNG to Petrol in condition. I was not sure whether it will happen or not since many reports over TAI mentioned it not switching over when empty. Secondly I was worried how will the change be in terms of vehicle drive on road. However this was most comforting as I changed between CNG/Petrol 3-4 times during active drive and there was no noticeable change in the way the vehicle drove. Similarly there was no change in the way vehicle drove when CNG tank became empty and automatic switchover took place post CNG indicator blinking on dashboard.

I shall keep sharing my thoughts and feedback's in coming posts.[:)]

Thread Starter #8
Guys need some advise on maintaining my Car. I read about all the stuff that I am confused about but cannot make a decision.

Lately I can see small scratches on my car and they are more obvious given the dark color. One of the scratches came from a bump from behind, other from claws of doggie who seem to be obsessed with car. Additionally I believe I will have small scratches given my cars stays in open during office hours leading to dust cleaning scratches and then bird waste cleaning scratches.

I was trying to find out solution for same but could not settle down on specific actions to be taken and hence request a guidance on same. Following are important points from this perspective.

- My cars on all weekdays would stay in open (given my office does not provide a covered parking) and can stay in open to closed parking in home and on weekdays

- My place has a lot of construction activity going on around and hence lot of dust comes and hence requires a dusting on daily basis

- I will most probably wash car with water once a week on weekend and complete wash on scheduled maintenance most likely

- I am not sure what precaution should I take to protect my color, it's shine and from smaller scratches

- I am thinking of Teflon and recommended the same by relative but givne pros and cons I am not sure about it. On waxing I can probably do it once in 2-3 months but I am skeptic about is ability to meet my requirement

- An off topic questions, can I ask my ASS to touch up on the slight scratches that I have already got on paint.

Please suggest.

Congrats nick. Can you please share the cost and break up also any discount you got and the name of the dealer too. I may buy waggi cng with in a month. I am offered a cash discount of 30k.

Couple of quick suggestions -

1. Get a car cover when you park in open(specially at nights)

2. Use Formula1 scratch remover for removing minor scratches.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #11
Congrats nick. Can you please share the cost and break up also any discount you got and the name of the dealer too. I may buy waggi cng with in a month. I am offered a cash discount of 30k.
Thanks Man. I got some 25K discount on Waggie plus that basic kit and car cover that they threw in for free. In your case you can avail the same on top of 30K as the discount have increased to 30K for present month. Let me know if you need any other help

Couple of quick suggestions -

1. Get a car cover when you park in open(specially at nights)

2. Use Formula1 scratch remover for removing minor scratches.

Cheers,
Anshuman
Anshuman, getting a car covered in office would be really hectic thing to do, most likely it won't be an option for me. At residence it would be under covered parking. I will try to use Formula1 and check the result and discuss with you.

Any other suggestion you have for me on the dilemma I posted above?

vicky, with the pressure guage of 200 you wont get any more then that on your tank, for the pressure above 200 you would get 10kg or above that.
Today morning was with my cousins indica petrol on cng tank of 10kgs and with the pressure of 230 we could get 9.7kg on our 10kg tank.
Else usually only upto 8 and around that was filled.

Thread Starter #13
vicky, with the pressure guage of 200 you wont get any more then that on your tank, for the pressure above 200 you would get 10kg or above that.
Today morning was with my cousins indica petrol on cng tank of 10kgs and with the pressure of 230 we could get 9.7kg on our 10kg tank.
Else usually only upto 8 and around that was filled.
Thanks for the inputs Vijay. I always thought 200/210 was ideal pressure to get the tanked fill but I guess I was wrong. As a novice questions, does it increases the risk profile of CNG tank if gas is filled at increased pressure?

Thread Starter #14
I am due for my Car Service in 2 days time.
I was wondering is there any issue if I want to postpone it by couple of days as I wanted to go fr my servicing on this Saturday. My car has done around 500 and hence is way behind threshold limits. Will few days delay be an issue in terms of warranty and warranty claims in future?

Please suggest

I am due for my Car Service in 2 days time.
I was wondering is there any issue if I want to postpone it by couple of days as I wanted to go fr my servicing on this Saturday. My car has done around 500 and hence is way behind threshold limits. Will few days delay be an issue in terms of warranty and warranty claims in future?

Please suggest
No issues +/- of upto 7-10 days does not make any difference. In fact you have'nt even driven 1000 kms

Top Bottom