Originally Posted by 350Z
Note: Thread re-opened as requested. Congrats Peter on getting the car back!
The reason for re-opening this thread is the below thread: Maruti 800 Modification (Kerala Style)
Well that was the plan. But in the absence of any good 800's in the market, I expanded my search to the Alto. Surprisingly I could not find any decent Alto's in the market too. Most were not the LXi model, those that were Lxi's were either too badly abused or ridiculously overpriced. Finally I managed to convince the current owner to let go of a car. I was familiar with it and I knew it was well maintained. It's got a few scratches and dents but mechanically sound. I guess I should be able to fix everything in 6-7K. Seat covers and steering covers are gone. I'll probably just remove them and not put new ones. I have just dropped it at the MASS who fixed the tappet problem. Jobs planned are general service (even though it was done 6 months ago), steering rack lubrication, suspension bushes replacement, radiator flush and coolant replacement, oil and filter change, IRVM mirror replacement with the Wagon R Day Night one. The current dome lamp is damaged and it has to be replaced with the mirror assembly as it's not available separately. So I thought why not just upgrade to the Day - Night type. Also the ORVMs are being replaced with the Alto K10 (old) ones. The RHS one glass is discoloured. The LHS one is new as the previous owner's daughter damaged it. Anyway they are non internally adjustable and since we are already used to Internally Adjustable / Electric, I thought of upgrading. Once it's back from MASS, I'm planning to touch up all dents and scratches, replace fog lamps, remove seat and steering covers and do a complete interior and exterior cleaning and polishing.
Other upgrades planned are:
1. 13" Alloys (found a set of Santro Alloys I liked at a scrap dealer).
2. 13" Tyres (same supplier from Kerala from whom I bought the Celerio tyres).
3. New Fog Lamps and surrounding panel (Rs.500 on Amazon)
4. Transparent Sunfilm for sides and rear (windshield still has the 3M film I installed).
5. ICE upgrade (I have the Blaupunkt HU and rear Ovals from the Siena. The car has a Pioneer HU with no USB port and some Round speakers).
6. LED lamps for the Inside Dome, parking lamps and licence plate (Amazon).
7. HID projectors / 100/90 upgrade (I have a set of Bi-Xenon HID projectors lying at home. If they are not going in the Celerio they will go in the Alto. Otherwise I'll do a 100/90 upgrade. I had done it on this car but removed it before selling. Bulbs should be there somewhere at home and the harness and relay at my mechanics)
8. Mesh grill.
9. Baleno (old) steering (If I find one with the original leather wrap in the scrapyard).