Honda City ZX Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Time for my second ownership review.

You know that there are some cars which make you feel that they have life in them. Some cars which have soul. Which become your life companion per se. Which seem to be able to last as long as you. I am lucky to own one such car.

And this is her.

kk.jpg

The car : Honda city ZX
Colour : new warm silver ( golden)
Purchased on : August 2006
Condition today : As good as new
Odo currently at : 25600 kms
Plan to keep it : forever
Niggles in 6 years : not even a puncture

Accessories fitted aftermarket : well came fully loaded but some things were added such as

· Beige seat covers
· Rear camera and parking sensors – cross link make
· Bosch symphony horns
· Gear lock – crosslink make

Wish list for future accesories :

· Changing those crappy 14 inch wheels to 15 inchers with much thicker tyres.
· Alloys (if budget permits) otherwise will get ANHC 15 inch wheelcaps
· 3D kagu mats
· A custom made spoiler

+ve points

· Looks elegant in golden with beige interiors . the colours match well and the car feels luxurious
· Powerful 1.5 ltr engine on road
· Excellent driveability
· Light controls
· Spacious
· Extremely reliable
· Built to last forever
· Excellent AC
· Excellent FE

I can go on forever .Its one of those rare cars which you learn to respect as you live with it .It proves the belief that you need to change a car every 5 years absolutely wrong .

-ve points ( only two )

· Seriously undersized 14 inchers .Gives away way before the car does on highways. Upgrade a must.
· Low ground clearance

General things that happened during her life :

· Well the following panels have been dented and painted during its life- both rear doors , bootlid , RHS front fender , both rear fenders
· Approximate cost for each service – 1.5k – 2k except the 20k one which costed close to 5k
· Now as the car is out of warranty. We get it serviced only once a year around its birthday.

Will add more pics later on

Ciao for now.

350Z

Core Team
A straight forward review that explains the reason behind Honda's successful venture. How are the servicing costs like? Do upload more images. This review will become nicer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Will soon take some pics and update...

How are the servicing costs like?
Well approx. 2k for all services till now except the 20000kms service which costed 5k.
Also since the car is out of warranty and the running is quite less we get servicing done once a year.

Wonderful review bro [:)]. seven years old city and still going great guns. This shows the reliability of HONDA and HONDA maintenance parts.

Regarding the cost of maintenance, i think as per the information provided by you. It is a delight to own an HONDA and luckily i am one of them[;)].

Crisp review petroholic [thumbsup] 7 years of niggle free ownership say a lot about the reliability of the big "H". Reliability was the reason that prompted me to go the Honda way and after 4.5 years and 68000 Kms I am happy that I went for a Honda.
Please go ahead and change the tyres and enjoy your ride.

Lovely review.We are planning to buy a used NHC ZX GXI.And,came across a NHC ZX GXI in same Color.Car had ran 60K Km in 6 years and 2007 version.Asking rate-4.25L.Hope our search ends for NHC.

Thread Starter #8
Lovely review.We are planning to buy a used NHC ZX GXI.And,came across a NHC ZX GXI in same Color.Car had ran 60K Km in 6 years and 2007 version.Asking rate-4.25L.Hope our search ends for NHC.
Bigger cars should be available for around 5 lakh ( civic) but if you want a reliable car that can last for 2lakh kms go for the city zx

Crisp review petroholic 7 years of niggle free ownership say a lot about the reliability of the big "H". Reliability was the reason that prompted me to go the Honda way and after 4.5 years and 68000 Kms I am happy that I went for a Honda.
Please go ahead and change the tyres and enjoy your ride.
Wonderful review bro . seven years old city and still going great guns. This shows the reliability of HONDA and HONDA maintenance parts.

Regarding the cost of maintenance, i think as per the information provided by you. It is a delight to own an HONDA and luckily i am one of them.
Thanks for the compliments.To be honest i was not a big fan of honda when i bought this car as it didn't seem VFM at that price ( during that time hondas commanded a premium ) But I think Honda is one of the brands which you learn to respect when you have owned their cars for some time .

Surprisingly i was in the same position recently when we wanted to change our small car. I hated the brio but then i thought that i should go for the car as it is a honda and i will know its real value after 5 years.But this reasoning was not enough and got myself a ritz .
Hope to have a equally satisfying jouney with maruti as i had with honda

Good to see a fellow city (Dolphin version) onboard. Your car seems to be immaculate condition. We too have the same colored (Warm Silver) Pre-ZX version City at home. And like you I have asked my Dad to never think of selling it, but sadly I find it a foolish decision of mine since the car is no longer used and usually it rests in the our parking.

BTW what were the service charges for the 60k km service? Do you get services done at HASS?

BTW since you are planning to keep it for long, I would strongly suggest you to go for a spoiler. It adds a sporty appeal to this version of City. And please keep this thread alive with lots of pics coming in at regular intervals.

Attaching a pic of my car (old pic, but she still looks the same[:)]).

27022009040.jpg

Thread Starter #12
BTW what were the service charges for the 60k km service? Do you get services done at HASS?
yes servicing is done only at HASS.The car has done only 26000kms in 6 years and i dont wanna sell any car of mine before 100000kms/15 years from now on even if it is not used much.Thats my target.
I will refrain from buying new cars and will keep on upgrading my cars to keep the automobile enthusiast in me alive.....will save lot of money in the process too.

BTW since you are planning to keep it for long, I would strongly suggest you to go for a spoiler. It adds a sporty appeal to this version of City. And please keep this thread alive with lots of pics coming in at regular intervals.

i dont like the spoiler that came with the vtec 10nth anniversary edition so didnt fit one.I think if i want a spoiler i will have to get one custom made or get the spoiler from rio designs
( shown in first post )

Thread Starter #13
Battery dead.....after lasting 7 years

my car's battery died on me today.had to find a mechanic nearby who strangely opened the fuse box in the car's bonnet,fiddled for 10 seconds and the car started.
I will be getting the battery changed tomorrow since it has already served me well for close to 7 years now (although only 26k done on the car)
Will be going for amaron (same as the current battery )

Any suggestions?

searched online and found these offers for amazon battery . Rs2850 looks good for amazon battery

Buy Honda Car Battery Online of Exide, Amaron, SF Sonic in Delhi-NCR

Also :

i was asked by the honda SA to change the brake pads of my city ( at 26k kms ) He stated rs 4500 for the same.I decided to get them cheaper from outside.
Suddenly i remembered that one of my friend's father manufactures brake pads /shoes etc.Gave him a call and picked a pair of pads from the factory itself.
When my mechanic inspected the pads he said these are local ones and will make more noise and also can damage the rotor/drum due to more friction.
Now since i got these pads for free ( thanks to my friend ) should i fit them or not.I dont want to spend more money in the long run trying to save rs1200 (for branded pads) now.
Has anyone got any experience in this matter.

Last edited:
Fantastic review... i thought Honda service is costly. but its nice to hear that service cost is quite normal. im planning to upgrade my car by the mid of 2014. so i think by then the New Honda City with the Diesel Heart will be launched. have to consider the Honda as its a perfect for a long time basis.

Hi MSJawahar,
Honda service will not be too costly for the normal service i believe. but if any spares need to be changed, then it may be in higher mode.

Top Bottom