Ford Figo 2013 ZXi (Diesel) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
How it started
It started a year and a half back, when I moved from Kolkata to Bangalore. I needed a car to travel to my native Chennai on a fortnightly basis. I didn’t know much about cars then, but one thing I did know was –I needed a car.

A lot of questions with no answers

On one Good Friday, I booked a Volvo bus from Bangalore to Chennai, spent 1000 rs on ticket, and got the last seat, with no push back. As I was sitting there, disgusted, I saw this Ad – book an i10 – 100% loan approval. That was the moment I decided I am goanna get the cat the following Monday morning.
But there were plenty of unanswered questions.
1) Should I get petrol or diesel?
2) Should I get it in Chennai or Bangalore?
3) Should I go for entry sedan or high end hatchback?
4) How much loan should I take?

And the most important of all

5) Which car?

A lot of answers but no solution

It all started with i10 – My cousin has one. Every time someone hits her (allegedly) and damages the car and she spends a lot of money on service- Expensive service and need for something bigger didn’t help.

A car that loved me back

Then it was Brio. Did a TD, and absolutely loved the car. Was about to book it. Even my first post on the forum said I’m going to book a Brio. But things changed and the reason was the usual suspect. Petrol vs. Diesel.
Still couldn’t decide, if I’m going for petrol or diesel. I’m still not sure if I made the right choice. If our government’s fiscal deficit was managed in a proper way, we wouldn’t be having this debate.

Diesel it is then..

The day when I uttered those words, my friend said “so its 1600 kms per month to break even in three years “. I still wasn’t sure, but then I convinced myself, I’m going with the world. If I’m wrong then the world is wrong.

TD –Figo
Did the test drive last week in Chennai. It’s spacious, it’s flexible, has good response. Only drawback it the turbo lag and the ground clearance. Was happy with it and booked the car after a short negotiation.

Cost- 6,50,000 on road (Insurance free + all accessories basic like , mats, covers + spoiler kit and scuff plates ( cheaper price ) + corporate discount worth 10000)

The loan process got over today and got a call for a PDI on Saturday. Will post the pics then. He charged 300 RS. for PDI.

Overall I’m really happy with my choice. Now awaiting for the PDI this Saturday and ill post you guys the picks and point out the difference between the older and newer version of Fig.

And a special mention to all the forumers, for helping me to arrive at a decision.

TD –Figo
Did the test drive last week in Chennai. It’s spacious, it’s flexible, has good response. Only drawback it the turbo lag and the ground clearance. Was happy with it and booked the car after a short negotiation.

Cost- 6,50,000 on road (Insurance free + all accessories basic like , mats, covers + spoiler kit and scuff plates ( cheaper price ) + corporate discount worth 10000)

The loan process got over today and got a call for a PDI on Saturday. Will post the pics then. He charged 300 RS. for PDI.

Overall I’m really happy with my choice. Now awaiting for the PDI this Saturday and ill post you guys the picks and point out the difference between the older and newer version of Fig.

And a special mention to all the forumers, for helping me to arrive at a decision.
Congrats Buddy. Welcome to Figo Family. You won't regret this choice. However, why not Titanium? That must have been more VFM as they have removed much needed features from ZXi.

BTW, you got a very good deal. But why should you pay for PDI? It's a part of the delivery process.

Last edited:
He charged 300 RS. for PDI.

Congrats on the Figo booking. Wish you a happy ride.

Who charged you Rs 300 for PDI? You could have asked help from fellow TAIians and done it yourself.

Also just confused, this is your first post, did you have any other thread for new car buying decision?

Congratulations buddy. Have a happy and safe drive. But why did you pay RS 300 for PDI? It is their duty to do before delivery. Which colour Have you brought? Can you post some photos of your new vehicle.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your booking for the Ford Figo[clap].

But you are not supposed to pay anything for the PDI. Than how come the dealer charged you?

No charges for PDI. The dealer is fleecing you. Also are you getting the SatNav. Two weeks back dealer here in Kolkata were giving Insurance free + 42" Samsung LED TV offer.

Warn the dealer that you will not take the car if you have to pay for PDI. See how it goes. Also take the extended warranty if you can.

And lastly welcome to the Figo family.

Thread Starter #12
Congrats Buddy. Welcome to Figo Family. You won't regret this choice. However, why not Titanium? That must have been more VFM as they have removed much needed features from ZXi.

BTW, you got a very good deal. But why should you pay for PDI? It's a part of the delivery process.
It was a budget issue , i already stretched it to Zxi. Couldn't afford more

Congrats on choosing a new car buddy. Which color did you book?
Also, the 300rs for PDI looks scam to me.
Diamond White

Congrats on the Figo booking. Wish you a happy ride.

Who charged you Rs 300 for PDI? You could have asked help from fellow TAIians and done it yourself.

Also just confused, this is your first post, did you have any other thread for new car buying decision?
My first post was in the forum introduction. This is my second post
Congratulations buddy. Have a happy and safe drive. But why did you pay RS 300 for PDI? It is their duty to do before delivery. Which colour Have you brought? Can you post some photos of your new vehicle.
I havet done the PDI yet , they charged me 300 rs to bring the car to the showroom ( Diesel cost + Driver beta )

No charges for PDI. The dealer is fleecing you. Also are you getting the SatNav. Two weeks back dealer here in Kolkata were giving Insurance free + 42" Samsung LED TV offer.
No im not getting the Sat Nav

Warn the dealer that you will not take the car if you have to pay for PDI. See how it goes. Also take the extended warranty if you can.

And lastly welcome to the Figo family.
I have already taken the extended warranty . Ill talk to him regarding the PDI

I havet done the PDI yet , they charged me 300 rs to bring the car to the showroom ( Diesel cost + Driver beta )
I'm getting the car in Chennai

according to the sales agent Rs 300 is for the driver and the diesel cost .
It is still not clear to me why showroom will charge for driver. Is it for the delivery of the new car to your place? Also 5L diesel is given free for delivery.

Hi friends, am I wrong in asking that PDI is at the discretion at the dealer? I mean a knowledgeable buyer will always desire to check the product before receiving its delivery, right?

Top Bottom