My Jeep - Mahindra Thar DI 2WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Prior to the purchase of Mahindra Thar DI 2WD we had a MM 540 95 Model. We bought it as a used vehicle in 2011 and used it for 2 years. After we bought it we repainted it and used it for some time. It was comming up with some problems and the process of taking it to the local mechanic shop was really a paining one. The primiary usage is for going to our estate and for taking things from there. besides i use the jeep in the week ends. as the visit to the local mechanic became a routine job for my father, we then decided to sell it off and buy a new one so that we can able to use it for a long term basis. Finally we sold the MM 540 '95 Model for 1.30 L. Seems to be a better price. We had already shortlisted Thar DI 2WD and i had a another thought if we can go in for Force Gurkha. But when i discussed it with my friends, they said the A.S.S of Force Motors is not available in our area and it would be problem. So i cancelled it and went for Thar. I did not consider going in for 4WD as the 2WD is meeting all out requirement of use. We booked the Thar in Kodai Automobiles in Tirunelveli, TN. The sales advisor told us that they need to bring the vehicle from Hosur, it may take 10 days at the max. So in the mean time we planned to get loan from ICICI Bank.

The guy who was responsible for the Loan in ICICI was telling us to bring hell a lot of documents and we gave it to him and he was telling us to bring another documents for loan processing. I really got fedup with him and proceeded to Royal Sundaram. The useless formalities in ICICI made me to go in for Royal Sundaram and the process took 2 days for approval.Where as in ICICI it was 10 days and counting.

My Father went to collect the vehicle for the delivery in Kodai Automobiles and every thing was simple and smooth. Finally a new baby is back to my home. Manza, Figo are the other.

Our primary purpose is for the usage in our estate and may be use it for our personal travel too.

I had a driven it in the week end. Would say it is far far better than the earlier 540.

Im not a hi-fi writer. I will post the driving experience based on my idea ASAP. [:)]

just want to add a incident over here.

i was driving the jeep yesterday in the town. had to slow the jeep over a place as there was a Jaguar XJ coming in the opposite direction and wanted to have a look at at. And this guy also slowed down his machine and he too wanted to have a look at my Thar. Finally we smiled each other and went on in our way. My wife was telling me what a spectacular moment it is [:D]

DSC_9001.jpg

DSC_9000.jpg

DSC_9011.jpg

DSC_9012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see your jeep, would like to hear more from your side regarding on road price for your thar di 2wd and what average you are getting in your jeep. i have driven my friend's thar di , its ride is far better then old MM540/550.

Hi msjawar, Congrats on your new THAR. Everyone's dream JEEP !

Why dint you consider THAR Crde ? It would have been a better option for the price.
I guess DI wont come with PS and A/C.

Please post some pic's of interior and engine bay.

Thread Starter #5
nice to see your jeep, would like to hear more from your side regarding on road price for your thar di 2wd and what average you are getting in your jeep. i have driven my friend's thar di , its ride is far better then old MM540/550.
the on-road price for the that di 2wd in Tirunelveli (TN) is 5.65 L. We did not check the mileage yet. Hope it comes around 14-15 KMPL

Congratulations on your New Purchase.Are you planning for any alterations like changing to Alloys and Big Radials.
Thanks @Ambylovers as of now not planned to do any alteration except some minor fitments. have to do it some time later on. Going thru some pictures in Jeepclinic.com. any idea about them ?

Hi msjawar, Congrats on your new THAR. Everyone's dream JEEP !

Why dint you consider THAR Crde ? It would have been a better option for the price.
I guess DI wont come with PS and A/C.

Please post some pic's of interior and engine bay.
Thanks @Varun. Since we use the Thar for the estate purpose for rough purpose only so did not think about going for the top end. Yes, thar di doesn't have PS and AC.

Will post the interior and engine bay pics in this week end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats msjawahar for your new Thar.
& congrats for that Jeep incident too, actually Thar looks too much desirable for such things to happen. I've seen the Thar in same color as yours, so i can really feel about the reality of the incident.
I'm sure you're not having much in mind about off-roading in Thar, hence shifting your buying towards this 2WD Di version. Share with that how much are your expectations with your Thar regarding the same ?
Do share more of its interiors pics.

Have a happy miles ahead on Thar.

350Z

Core Team
Congrats on Thar. Since short, incomplete or one-liner threads do not qualify as an ownership ‘review’, this thread has been closed. Please consider updating the opening post as per this link with detailed and relevant information in order to reopen this thread. Feel free to contact the moderators for further support. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom