"Hulk" My 2nd Car Or My 1st SUV - Mahindra Scorpio

Thread Starter #1
Well well well, fellow members,

I have to admit that i am no more a "petrol head", not because i have stopped living and loving automobiles, but simply because i am now a proud owner of a Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 Crde turbo.

After having a great experience driving the iconic suzuki Baleno Ref: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...irst-car-maruti-suzuki-baleno-1-6-2000-a.html

I somehow felt the need and lust to own a SUV. the baleno is till date an extremely amazing car, which cannot be replaced by any other machine. Supperb power, excellent handling and amazing comfort. [clap]
But i have to mention that when it comes to spares availability and cost, you do really feel bad for both, the car and yourself.[frustration]

Anyways, "Bujin" ( my baleno's name) was in a state of art condition technically. Only the body paint was a bit let down. One day i decided that i should probably opt for another car, hence i put up Bujin for sale on " OLX".

For a week no reply or inquiries. then one day got 2 calls, later one meeting and then finally closed the deal.

Now the best part is: i sold the car at a profit of 25000 rs.[cheers]

then with some kitty at my disposal, i started hunting for alternatives.

the Options were:
a new nano
a new wagon r
or a used SUV

I checked out the new tata xenon 3.0 but she was a let down when it came to interior space and comfort.

then checked a few safaris, but then their sluggish nature, didn't work on me as well.

finally i gave a thought of considering the Scorpio.

Did my research, shortlisted a few, finally loved one, and now i own it.

Details are as follows:

2006 model
Leather seats
Fog lamps
All 5 new geolander tires
Dual Ac with roof fitment
4 speaker xplod system
Single owner
76000 kms driven

Have a look below.

Attachments

Re: "Hulk" my 2nd car..or my 1st SUV

Nice SUV you got there mate :) Did the 2006 Scorpio come with those headlamps? I thought it was the new shape headlamp and the older ones where different?

Could you tell me how much you paid for the car, if you don't mind? :)

Regards,
Vipin

Hi pale. Congratulation for your black beast. The changed headlights look cool. The 1st owner has maintained the beast very well.
Have happy miles.

Congrats on the Scorpio.

Have a look at the belt under the hood, engine mounts etc.

Happy and Safe Motoring.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
@ Mukeshus i shall be visiting the M&M service centre soon....Will be changing the gaskets for engine, gearbox etc.
Also the mounts are on my priority list

Congrats Dude. Nice car. As some one mentioned, headlamps seems to be from New Gen.
Steal/crome work on handles is a nice match for your car.
Hows the roof top AC functions. Did you check if all is well with it?
Happy motoring!!

Thread Starter #13
thanks people, please find some new pics attached. did some mild off roading with hulk.

Thread Starter #15
The following works have been done...

There was a slight oil leak from the oil filter case- silicon pasting done- problem solved 100%- cost 600 rs

4x4 fog lamps mounted in the front- cost 1200 rs with installation

Decalling done on the tyres- self- cost nil

oomph appeal 200%[;)]

Top Bottom