'Coche Elegante': The New 'Club Class Manza' (EX) Comes Home.

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone..

I am a new member here and a week ago bought the 'coche elegante' - Tata Manza Club Class EX.. I thought I should share my experiences with this new vehicle & hence started this thread.

List of cars I/family owned/currently owns...
M800, Alto, Santro, Indica DLG Dicor, Wagon R, SX4, Manza EX

It all started sometime in end of Nov 2012 when me & my wifey realized that we have to upgrade to a sedan because of increased long drives & commuting with entire family with lot of luggage. The Indica had loyally served us for 5 years with out even a single breakdown (for ~65K kms). It was a tough decision because I loved that car a lot.. I used to cherish the raw power the dicor engine used to deliver, I had clocked 145 kms on couple of occasions on NICE road (Bengaluru) to test it's capabilities. It would cruise at around 90 - 100kms/hour with out any fuss. It was equally good in city commuting (there was no turbo lag what-so-ever).. however compulsions made us to explore the options.

Expectations from the new car (diesel of-course considering that I travel around 2K kms/month & keep taking the vehicle for long drives :)):

- Smoother engine
- Elegant looks
- Space
- Comfort (rear seat especially as my ageing parents would accompany us when we go to our home town (frequently))
- Large boot
- Good mileage
- Safety Features

The cars I shortlisted in the price range of around 8 to 9 lakhs:

- Toyota Etios
- Swift DZire
- Chevy Sail
- Tata Manza

I did not shortlist Skoda/VW because of attitude issues and also the horror stories I have been reading about their ASS/arrogance. Also the nearest service center is around 20kms from my home :) I also did not consider Verito as my wife did not like it at all (for whatever reasons - only known to her).. so no no to Verito...
Amaze was not available at that point in time & also I wanted to avoid new engine..

Now let me briefly talk about the cars I rejected/selected (these are purely my personal views)..

Etios: I drove the top end version (dont remember the version name). Overall a good car. But it was very plain and driving was not very enjoyable & the ride quality was not up to my expectation. Also the top end version was way above my budget.. so out goes Etios..

Dzire: Overall a wonderful car. My wifey and son did not like it's looks (they actually hate it's boot - including the new version) and also the rear space was not as good as Manza. Also I wanted to avoid another Maruti as we already have an SX4 and WagonR in the family. For the price you pay I felt the features were not up to the mark.. so Dzire went off the list..

Sail: Sail is an excellent car in my opinion. Good looks, good power, etc.. I however felt that for the price you pay you are getting a plain car.. bland interiors and also it lacks a lot of features. I felt it was a bit pricey and there were absolutely no offers (as it is a new car). so out goes Sail..

Manza: During the same time Manza club class was launched and it seemed to be a good car loaded with features. I called them for a test drive & oh boy.. I was bowled over.. It was miles ahead of other Tata cars. I can confidently say that Manza club class is by far one of the best cars from Tata stable.. It was a pleasant experience.. I liked the power & elegant looks.. boot looked integrated (compared to few other cars).. on top of it Blaupunkt touch screen ICE system & lot of other features. Overall I was satisfied with the car. But wanted to take my family's feedback. I invited the sales person to get the vehicle on a Sunday near my home. He bought it and I took my entire family for a very long drive. They were all hugely impressed.. my father particularly was very vocal - 'I can actually stretch my legs & this seems like the benz class seat.. ride is also very good.. cabin is silent.. let's go ahead with this...' he said.. :) My son was already busy playing with the touch screen system & smiled when asked how was the vehicle.. my wifey was okay too.. so we decided to buy Manza...

Old car exchange and new car buying experience: It was a nice experience overall. They offered good value for my car (2.10 + 15K exchange bonus) & very cooperative throughout. It was at Concorde Mysore road Bangalore. I knew the ASS guys (as I used to get my Indica serviced here), but not sales folks. I had made my self very clear that I would not be a easy customer to handle.. :) I was pleasantly surprised to see how much tata's have evolved.. I had to go to showroom only once to sign few papers. For other things (missing signs etc) it was 'door service' :) Infact they had given an Indigo eCS as an alternative while I was waiting for my Manza. I had to wait for 3 weeks. I booked it on 5 Apr & the vehicle was delivered on 28 Apr (as promised by the sales guy). They kept me updated on the whereabouts of the vehicle (it left Pune.. on the way.. etc) as well :)

Pre-delivery inspection:
Thanks to TAI, I was equipped with the exhaustive list. I went with my father for checking all the things mentioned in the list. They did not allow me to take the vehicle outside their facility, but otherwise were very cooperative. I took almost 2 hours to check all the things.. It was positive.. I said go ahead with registration.

Delivery: After taking a nod from me, they took it for registration & other formalities. I had asked them to deliver the vehicle on Sunday (though it was ready on Sat - my mother wanted it to be bought on Sunday). They agreed for this too. I wanted to make their life easy :) I went there on Sat and finished all the formalities. Sunday morning @ 10hrs I took the vehicle delivery. They gave 5 ltr coupon for diesel and handed over the keys..

Initial ownership review:
Since taking the delivery last week I have driven around 520kms. It has been a pleasant journey. All the features are working perfectly (unlike few comments I see in other threads). I have already enjoyed 2 semi-long distance drives (~100kms one way) :) I will keep you posted in future (depending on bandwidth availability of course :)

Total discounts:
Cash discount: 20000
Exchange bonus: 15000
Corp bonus: 3000
Free accessories worth (mud-flaps + mats): 1500
Exchange value for my car: 210000
cost after all discounts n exchange value*: 724776
*I did not opt for AMC and ext warranty @ the time of purchase. I would buy them separately next week.

Hope this helps other potential buyers.. I will continue to update this thread based on bandwidth availability.. thanks for your patient reading.. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 'Coche elegante' the new 'Club Class Manza' (EX) - Comes home..

Congratulation for your Club Class Manza. Nice review, nice pictures, Drive safe.

Re: 'Coche elegante' the new 'Club Class Manza' (EX) - Comes home..

Congratulations on your club class Sedan. Since interiors of this car sets it apart from other car. We expect some high quality interior images of your sedan. And yes it has the legroom of a Class above.[:)]

Congrats Srinath. Space, comfort, drive and features are Manza's trump cards. I vaguely remember that the rear seat recline angle is slightly more than that of a Merc! I've heard that the TATA A$$ treats its Manza customers as premium ones, so you'll have a peaceful A$$ experience. I am pretty sure you'll be pleasantly surprised on its ability on the highways too. Wish you a lot of happy and memorable drives.

Photshot looks great. Manza comfort would not disappoint all its occupants. I would say it as the most underestimated car.

Hello sdbgl, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com,Congrats for the new manza and the review is very well written, thanks for that and i request you keep updating this thread frequently, also it would be good if more photos are present (along with the interiors).

Congrats for your Manza again and i wish you miles of safe and happy motoring with your car.[:)]

Thread Starter #8
One point I forgot to mention was about the dedicated club class manager.. They have allotted a person and he is supposed to be a single point of contact... Will have to see how this would work in the long run :)

7.24 lakhs for a fully loaded manza is a superb price . Congrats and enjoy the car to the fullest and pls update the thread very often .

@sdbgl

Welcome to TAI !! excellent way to start buddy with an excellent full fledged sedan

Look forward for your regular updates on the car and more pics(interior) required

One point I forgot to mention was about the dedicated club class manager.. They have allotted a person and he is supposed to be a single point of contact... Will have to see how this would work in the long run :)
Any idea about the non-club class Manza owners. I own early 2012 manza. Will I get same level attention ?

Thread Starter #14
@ Kayraman, As I understand club class manager allocation is for newer versions launched during Oct/Nov 2012...

Top Bottom