My German Girlfriend : Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TDI Shadow Blue Highline

Thread Starter #1
My German Girlfriend : Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TDI Shadow Blue Highline [Updated page:2]

The hunt for a new car started when I completed my driving school back in late 2012. Dad didn't want a sedan so had to stick my choice to hatchbacks. Started searching carwale and different websites for different different cars, as there wasn't a set budget I was free to checkout all the indian hatches. First car I test drove was Nissan micra, looks were ok'ish, so was the ride. OUT. next I saw was Polo, damn what a sexy car. Started researching about it.. this is where I got into dilemma, a lot of users complaining about VW after sale services and spare parts. Every uncle my dad used to talk to used to suggest wagon R or Alto800. One day while I was going somewhere I thought of TD'ing the POLO as the showroom was in between my destination. SA arranged a TD car for me and boom, that was time when I thought I can't get better than this. Everything was top notch (maybe i felt like that coz they provide TD with highline variant only probably. :P). I said chuck everything, this is the car I'm going for. We decided on Red color and comfortline variant of the diesel model.

On January 17th, Dad visited Friends Financial Services( http://goo.gl/s8yWc) ( I'll refer it as FFS in my following ownership report) in Delhi cantt for the purchase of the car through CSD ( Canteen Stores Department). As we live in Visakhapatnam, we had to approach a mediator so that he can get the car registered and shipped in the trailer. Anubhav (the person working in FFS) told my dad about the procedure. Dad got all the documents ready in 2 weeks and everything was set. The car was to be purcahsed from Volkswagen Ambala, the dealer gave an estimate of 4 weeks for the RED color. 1 month passed. I called up Anubhav, he told me the car is yet to come and offered me to take white or pepper grey as they were instock. I only wanted either Red or black so told him that I'll wait. (My Dad already paid Rs. 10,000 as a cheque in advance to VW Ambala in January). March was coming to an end and still no signs of the car [frustration]. I called up Anubhav again, he said still he has no idea when the VW guys will get the car in the particular color. Next day he called me up and said the VW ambala guys weren't intimating anything regarding the car and they are the one bearing the customers aggression as they have no choice. Also told me that I should ask them to refund the 10k which i paid earlier as they weren't keeping upto their promise. I mailed VW Ambala to cancel the booking (I'll update on this later as I'm yet to receive the refund [anger]). Then he got into contact with VW Hisar and gave the SR my number , the sales representative (Sumit) called me and said the Red color will take time. I enquired "how much time" he said a week or two, I said ok. In the meantime the VW polo series was refreshed and I read somewhere someone spotting Polo in shadowblue ( I always wanted a shadowblue color polo which wasn't available earlier). I called sumit and asked him about the shadowblue color in highline and he said its available ready for sale. Woohooo! [clap] I gave a sigh of relief, and relaxed into a smile. I immediately told him that car is mine, don't even let anyone look at it. :P I called up anubhav and intimated the same, the CSD papers were ready. FFS gave an estimate of around 3 weeks for getting the car passed and TR'ed. I told him to do it asap as I had already waited long enough. Only I know how each and every day passed, the wait was eating me from inside :| . So one day anubhav called me and said the car has been loaded in the trailer and the trailer left the place last night i.e. 26th April. I immediately asked him the truck drivers number and the trailer number. The truck driver intimated me that the he will reach vizag by 1st May, my smile broadened.

I couldn't sleep the whole 30th night. It was morning 6 when he called up and said the trailer has reached vizag :D and car is ready to picked up as my car was the last to be loaded in the trailer. I told him to tell me the location, he said something something and the search for the something something place started. The place where the trailer was parked was 80kms from my place, he said either I can come and take it or he will be coming the next day anyhow as he had to deliver the remaining cars in the trailer. After around 2 hours I reached the place, my heart was tempting to see the car. Well after looking at
the car I was both happy as well as sad as the car was fully covered with dust. :| I signed the documents and took the car for a fuel topup and then for a wash.

FFS guys were very prompt in updating everything about the car and I recommend it to anyone who wants to buy their car via CSD.

Everything is as expected .The following Pros and cons are based on those 300 kms which I've traveled in my polo.

Pros :

1) Comfort level is superb. Steering is so damn light and easy to get used to + the steering can be adjusted as per the drivers requirement.
2) Interior is top notch and doesn't feel cheap like in some other cars (no offense).
3) AC is exceptionally great.
4) The RCD 320 vw radio does a great job as an entertaining system with all options like aux, sd, usb, cd and bluetooth.
5) Superb handling although I didn't find brakes to be that powerful.
6) Smooth gear shifting.

Cons :

1) Poor headlight.
2) Turbo lag is highly noticeable.
3) Visibility through windshield isn't that great as what I feel it should be.
4) Noisy engine :/

Accessories I bought for the car :

1) Maxspider kagu 3D mats : Rs. 5700/- (From ebay)
2) Capadase HR00-CA01 Car mount : Rs. 799/- (From ebay)
3) Car cover : Rs. 1700/- (From local shop, CARZY)
3) Sunshade and curtain : Around 500/- (From ebay)
4) Microfiber hand gloves : Rs. 300/- (From ebay)
5) Male to male aux cable : Rs.100/- (From ebay)
6) Jabra Freeway : Rs.7000 (Want to sell it as I already have bluetooth factory fitted in my car)

Wishlist :

1) Seat covers, red and black. (like this : http://www.clazzio.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/1050krr.jpg)
2) Jopasu duster
3) Neckrest
4) Lefthand arm rest
5) Door sills
6) Door guard and more..

I'll update with pics later when I take some. For now here is a teaser pic.

Ps : Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, was written in hurry. Any kind of feedback is appreciated and I'll also try my best to answer any queries you have.

Pss : A special thanks to all whatsapp guys from TAI :P

Last edited:
Congrats for the polo buddy. Nice review. Waiting for more pictures,Drive safe

Last edited:
Nice ownership review buddy. Blue color looks great on polo and more the interiers looks best in class acc. to me

Congrats Sachin on your Polo.Looking hot in Blue Color.Saw one Blue Color yesterday and looks cool.And,welcome to VW club.We too own an VW,but Vento.

Last edited:
Congrats eXperience on your new gorgeous machine. Polo in shadowfax blue looks highly royal and sophisticated. Great choice. So how has been the experience so far? Would advice not to revv it beyond 3000rpm for the first 1500kms. Just to ensure the longitivity of the engine's life. Although VW says there cars do run the pre-running from factory itself,but its no harm to be on the safer side.

Loved the teaser pic,and now waiting for you to upload few full pics of your new car.Both exteriors and interiors.
Congrats once again. Enjoy each moment spent with you Polo. Drive safe.[drive]

Congrats for the new ride. Polo with shadow blue color is a killer combination. Regarding the turbo lag, I bet you will learn to get over it by the time car has run 1000 kms. [:)] At
least me took that much time.

Seat covers are a must owing to our type of climate and dirt mag seats. Door sills guards will also be a good addition if you have elderly who always tends to scratch their footwear over the running board.

Congrats mate! [clap]
Please post more pics. Expect frequent updation of youe experience with new girl friend.
Sometimes I too feel need of a German or Italian Gril friend!

Do not miss Aux.

Go to my ownership thread and in first few pages I have posted link for MDI to aux cable. Buy that.

Congratulations for your new acquisition buddy[clap] and that's a nice color you selected.

Waiting for more pics and wishing you many happy miles with your polo.

Brilliant pics eXperience. I wish i could click some pics of my Polo on the sea side. But driving it anywhere to the coast would be like doing a 3000kms road trip which i seriously doubt will ever happen. The shadow blue shade looks very royal and upmarket. Nice choice of color. The updated RCD320 looks good to on the inside.

How much have you driven it till now? Any feedbacks on the performance front? Any initial niggles faced?

Top Bottom