Hi to all,
It was a long wait from the last couple of years for an unfulfilled dream of an SUV, waited endlessly to buy and own one. Explored the entire markets regarding the options which suits my budget and taste.
1) Scorpio VLX 2 WD
2) Skoda Yeti 2 WD
3) Force one
5) Ford Ecosport
6) XUV 500
1) Innova a cult in MUV
1) Scorpio VLX: Always thought will go for Scorpio, sorry to all Scorpio owner but its boat like the ride was so painful that after driving it I felt being in the cockpit I could be satisfied but what about rest of my family my parents, kid wife etc. My heart got dis heartned with its boat like ride, younger sibling told me to wait for a year to see new Scorpio W205. Relatives and couple of owner told me its a sportier suspension but deep research proved its a design flaw and Mahindra is working really hard to bring next Gen Scorpio with all the niggles sorted out. I was not in position to postpone my decision for another year so dropped the plan of Scorpio.
2) Yeti: Aah a treat to drive and handle felt rock solid nice interiors still figuring out whether its an SUV or Crossover. It was a bit pricey and horrific stories of Skoda ASS
scared me away from this beauty although it was not fitting in my pocket and family vetoed the decision to overshoot my budget.
3) Force one : It looks good, but button on steering look too cheap. Heard engine belongs to Mercedes and suspension tuned by lotus but don't want to gamble on force looking at the hard earned money involved and thin service network.
4) Duster: A good exterior but a cheap interior, nice handling, front seat, no comfort at rear, leg space is poor, under thigh support, cheap interior I felt its not VFM
and I am getting robbed by a french company.
5) Ecosport: Eagerly waited for this launch but interior space and rear leg room was quite a disappointment. God knows when ford will launch this and how they price looking at their past history I can't trust them to price it brilliantly looking at their past trend.
6) XUV : Didn't like the front and the exterior looks (personal perception please don't mind) brake was not that confidence inspiring and a well known fact electronics is not Mahindra forte and they are venturing first time in monocoque design. Younger sibling advised against it and asked me to take a test drive of aria or Marlin aka Storme.
1) Innova: Nice ride, confidence inspiring aah so pricy middle model cost 14.5lakh in Lucknow with music system.I dont know why Toyota charging a premium amount looking at zero or no features available. Really appreciate Sunny Toyota follow up on the daily basis.
2) Ortega: Brilliant ride max bang for the buck, the entire family was drooling for this. It is going to cost 9.9lakh on road top model diesel in Lucknow, Anand motors. Like its ride and can recommend to anybody under 10lakh budget but heart was always looking for SUV and felt if I bought this will stick with this for another couple of years. Mind loved its FE and max bang for the buck but heart saddened looking at its need an SUV.
Younger brother suggested Storme : Thought Tata product you have to live with niggles poor after sales service. It's a risk to spend so much money on Tata, went to Tata showroom Charbagh, Lucknow and seen the vehicle
1) Loved the paint job
2) Chrome and land rover look alike
3) Improved interior quality in all the fields
1) Alpine single din music system
2) Uneven gap in panel
3) Interior fit and finish
4). Last row seating
5) No Auto Climate Control
6) Single Din music system
Test Ride experience
Decided to test ride the beauty
1) Nice and easy to drive
2) Good turning radius did a u turn in narrow areas
3) A.C Cooling
4) Great comfort in middle row and road presence
5) Projectors make it look premium from the front.
1) Plastic quality could be better
2) Uneven gap
3) Rear look
Now the battle of heart and mind started the heart was alone in a corner and family, mind all on another side. Everybody was looking at its fuel efficiency and on road price of Ertiga. Spent couple of sleepless nights with a battle of heart and mind involving all aspects. At the last heart won (Credit to sibling who always thrown a new aspect to think: He told not to compare two as both are two different things if you want an SUV go for Storme if you want an MUV go for Ertiga decide what you want) finally convinced the family, mind etc, touch wood family didn't veto the decision.
Now started researching all technical aspects of Tata Storme involved in a marathon round of discussion with younger siblings involving hydroform chassis, suspension, turning radius, gear, engine tunning, build quality strength etccc.
Went to Gold Rush Motor , Lucknow got a test ride again and hard bargaining and a couple of contacts helped me to get a good discount of Rs 42k on vehicle Rs10k on accessories, got free anti rust and body cover etc.
Trust me Tata service really improved the showroom guys helped me a lot with what I need and what I don't and they were really being very patient to address all my queries. I told them weakness also what is wrong with Tata motors and why prospective customer are shying away and customer running away from Tata. They help me to get an SBI loan in record 1.5 days with running and managing the entire show which I really appreciate. Last but not least one of my cheque hasn't gotten cleared because the idiotic UBI bank but Goldrush Motors released the vehicle looking at Muhurat and my eagerness involved
A couple of accessories I went for
1) JBL. GT bass pro 12 rocking bass and fitting all done by Tata guys
2) Reverse camera sensor Minda, installed by Tata people good job nice and effective camera and sensor not like Scorpio reverse sensor which don't work half of the time
3) Garmin GPS
3) Body color front Bull guard
Got a good deal on accessories also.
Got an entire vehicle on the road at 12.78 lakh on road
Please forgive my comparison its all my personal experience and feeling
Since typed from phone their could be spelling mistake kindly bear with me.