Hyundai EON (D-lite+) : Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
A new member has joined our garage and this time it’s a Hyundai Eon D-Lite+.

The need for a new car started to rise for our local running as our Maruti 800 was growing old and old as the days passed. It had served us for 11 years and more than 1 lac on ODO. Now the 800 was asking a lot of work and some denting and painting as well. So we thought of getting a new or a pre-owned vehicle instead of putting money on the 800 because first of all it was around 11 years old and secondly it had done around 1.10 lac kilometers. So we thought of changing the car itself.

First we thought that we should go for a used vehicle since it will be used for local running only as we have XUV for other purposes. So me and my dad started asking our contacts if anything is available around 2.5 -3.5 Lac. All this happened in the last week of March. I have a cousin in Saharanpur who usually gets used cars at a very good price.

So he called me and told me that there is a i10 Magna 2013 with 4000 kms and the seller is asking 3.5 lacs and if interested he can break the price further around 3.25 lacs. So I thought that it’s a pretty good deal and told everyone in family about it. But then my mom said that it’s a used car why not get a new car in that budget, anyways we just have to use it for local purpose only. Hence the i10 was cancelled and I started looking for options under 4 Lac in petrol.

So after a quick decision the requirements for the new car were on the table and they were:
1. AC
2. Petrol
3. Power Steering
4. Atleast 4 people can accommodate easily
5. Should have a decent boot space
6. Good looks (obviously in that segemt)
7. Good mileage
8. Budget: 4 lacs

And the options available were:
1. Alto 800
2. Hyundai EON
3. Hyundai Santro
4. Wagon R
5. Zen Estilo
6. Chevy Spark

So I showed all the above cars to my mom and dad online first. And after 10-15 minutes of discussion only 2 cars were in the list and they were Alto 800 and Hyundai EON. So I called up both Maruti and Hyundai dealers and booked a TD of both for the next day.

Rest our selection process can be read on my other thread as I don’t want to put double posts.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...chback-under-4-lakh-booked-hyundai-eon-2.html

Booking and Buying Experience:
After taking TD of both the cars we finally booked the Hyundai Eon D-Lite+ by giving 5000 cash on 2nd of April in Dark Grey Metallic color. Now the good part was that the car prices went up on 1st April but we booked the car at the price which was prior to the hike as I had some contacts. Though the dealer had the car in stock but we wanted to take the delivery during the Navratri. So we gave the delivery date for 15th April.

On 14th April a day before the delivery I went to the dealer stock yard for the PDI and everything was fine and in good shape.

Now on 15th April (Delivery Day) we reached the dealership around 12:45 pm hoping that our car would be ready and we should be on our way back home within an hour but I was wrong. When we reached the dealership we were told that our car is getting the Teflon coating and should be ready in 30-40 minutes and everyone was okay with it. Since we booked the D-Lite+ model it does not come with central locking so we thought of getting it from the dealer itself. So I told the SA about my intentions and the SA told me to wait.

Since it is Navratri and was the first day of the week as well there were quite a few deliveries lined up hence we had to wait. After waiting for 30 minutes the SA came to me and asked me to pay the final amount and get the receipts followed by the paper work.

After that the dealer took out the service manual and explained about the service intervals, warranty and the extended warranty.
Then he took me to the workshop bay where they had their Hyundai genuine parts shop and I purchased the Autocop central locking device for the D-Lite+ for Rs 3500 and then I came back to the waiting lounge. I was told that once the car is done with the Teflon coating only then they will start installing the Autocop. Hence it took very long and we had to wait.

Finally after waiting for couple of hours our EON came out and 2 guys immediately started working on the Autocop and still it took them almost 50 minutes to install it. Well after a long wait everything was done and we were ready to leave.
The SA took our family picture with the EON which was handed over to us (not in a photo frame like we received for our XUV) and they were out of sweet boxes as well. So the SA apologized for that and said that it’s due sir and i’ll make sure you get one when you come for seat cover installation (YES they were out of seat covers also) next week. After that they did a small pooja ceremony and we were on our way back to home.

We were given 3 liter of petrol so we directly went to a petrol bunk and got the tank full for Rs. 2000 in which we got 27 liters. After taking petrol we went to Mandir and got the Pooja done and then EON was on its way to it’s new home.

Ex-Showroom: Rs. 318501
Logistics, Registration, Insurance, Extended Warranty, Teflon Coating: Rs. 51426
Discount: Rs. 15927
OTR: Rs. 354000

Initial Driving Experience:
As soon as i turned on the key the temperature and fuel gauges came alive, took a full spin and settle down in seconds, definitely a good to have stuff on a small car. Now I fired the engine and got a very good response and shifted into 1st and slowly released the pedal and the car was moving effortlessly. Next thing that I felt was the ultra light steering which is really easy to maneuver and perfectly fit for city driving.
Another good thing is the gear shift prompter under the fuel gauge which indicates you to change the gears if you are not driving in the right gear. Then I turned my AC on as it was really hot and I was very happy to see the effect in matter of seconds. Now since it has 814 CC only yes the car does loose a little bit on power when AC is turned on but definitely better than our 800.

What I like:
1. Steering: Since the steering is light it makes drivability in city very easy.
2. Interiors: Definitely the best interiors in this segment and the plastic quality feels very good. Get a nice feel when you touch it. Even the way the dashboard is designed looks cool.
3. Exteriors: Well looks are subjective but EON has a very impressive overall design and gives you a modern and trendy look. Body has very nice curves all over. No matter where you look the car from it will look good. My favorite part is the tail lamps and the spoiler.
4. A/C: Very good and yes it is a chiller.
5. Boot Space: Very good boot space. Can fit a lot of stuff in there.
6. Braking: Very good for a car belonging to this segment.
7. Fuel Economy: Can’t Comment right now.

What I don’t:
1. Definitely going to miss a tachometer.
2. R12 tires should be replaced with R13.
3. Left side ORVM missing.

Accessories Planned:
1. Seat Cover: Included in Freebies
2. Head Unit with USB and AUX
3. 2 front speakers.
4. Rear guard.
5. Wheel Caps.
6. Autocop: Installed (Rs. 3500)

As an overall package EON is a great buy and a VFM car which provides you a styling, great design, space, very good interiors as well as exteriors product at 3.5 Lac on road.
(Everything written in this review are my personal opinions and does not mean to defame other people or vehicle).

Thanks for reading.

PICS coming up shortly...

@Singh,

That is a very crisp and point to point review !! Congrats for your new ride buddy[:)]

My cousin own a Eon too, when I drove it even I felt the same about its difference in response the moment AC is switched on, but after it caught with certain speeds, it pulls quiet well.

Thread Starter #5
@Singh,

That is a very crisp and point to point review !! Congrats for your new ride buddy[:)]

My cousin own a Eon too, when I drove it even I felt the same about its difference in response the moment AC is switched on, but after it caught with certain speeds, it pulls quiet well.
Thanks Gurrala sir.

And you are right on the part that with AC on lower speeds it looses some power but as you increase the speed that power loss is not felt that much (On higher speeds).

Thread Starter #6
Time for some pics..

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Look at those curves on the side profile.
IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

View from the back
IMG_0850.jpg

Designated area for Fog Lights. They are around Rs. 10000 at the dealership
IMG_0840.jpg

Look at those big head lights coming from the Fluidic design.
IMG_0842.jpg

Thread Starter #7
Pics Continued..
Tire size for the D-Lite, D-Lite+ and Era.
IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

ORVM, would have been great if that was body colored as well.
IMG_0848.jpg

Rear spoiler and windshield
IMG_0854.jpg

One of my favorite part about this car. Tail lights - just see ow beautifully sculpted.
IMG_0856.jpg

Door handles neatly placed and don't feel like cheap plastic
IMG_0858.jpg

Nice combination for the interiors and that beige color goes really well with this color.
IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Thread Starter #8
Pics Continued..

Matting provided by Hyundai feels low quality
IMG_0866.jpg

Child Safety Lock
IMG_0868.jpg

Still some space was left between my knees and the front seat. So there is decent legroom looking at the size of the vehicle.
IMG_0872.jpg

A coat hook would have been great and added more value.
IMG_0874.jpg

Decent looking dash design
IMG_0876.jpg

Good amount of space between both the front seats.
IMG_0878.jpg

Doors open wide hence making it easy to get IN and OUT.
IMG_0882.jpg

Can't complain about the boot space in EON.
IMG_0884.jpg

Thread Starter #9
Pics Continued..

Body Cover - was given as a free item
IMG_0886.jpg

First Aid kit and extra bulbs for the HL
IMG_0888.jpg

Triangle
IMG_0890.jpg

Now the triangle pack has that black stuff on the back which avoids the packet to roll inside the car as it gets stick to the boot carpet.
IMG_0892.jpg

Jack is placed neatly under the tray
IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Spare Tire. But you have to take out the tire if in case you want to check the tire pressure as they have placed the tire upside down. Should have been other way round.
IMG_0898.jpg

Tool kit
IMG_0900.jpg

@Singh,

Here comes the twist, earlier I also use to face the same problem but then started doing my own trick, With Ac off I use shift gears at 22 km/h(3rd gear), 32 km/h(4th gear) in this way and with AC on I shift my gear at 26 km/h(3rd gear), 36 km/h(4th gear) in this way their is no lag in my performance! [clap]

Thread Starter #11
Pics Continued..

IMG_0906.jpg

You can adjust the headlamps according to your comfort.
IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Tachometer is missing otherwise clear and simple Instrument Cluster.
IMG_0914.jpg

Storage place on the dashboard comes handy
IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

Coming Soon..[lol]
IMG_0924.jpg

Thread Starter #12
Pics Continued..

IMG_0928.jpg

You have space behind the gear lever and i guess you can easily accommodate 1 liter bottle in there.
IMG_0930.jpg

Than you have some space in front of the gear lever and a 12V power outlet.
IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

Glove compartment- just see the quality it does give you a feel good factor
IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

View from the IRVM
IMG_0942.jpg

View from the ORVM
IMG_0944.jpg

Congrats on your new car buddy, i just loved the color and the design of the dashboard. it certainly doesn't look or feel like an entry level car, i still wonder why this car hasn't been able to dethrone Alto it certainly has all the qualities to do so.

Thread Starter #14
Pics Continued..

Car Perfume given as a Freebie.
IMG_0946.jpg

Idol given as a Freebie
IMG_0948.jpg

Door/Interior Light
IMG_0950.jpg

SUn Visor
IMG_0952.jpg

Pretty decent
IMG_0954.jpg

Light Controls
IMG_0958.jpg

The windscreen is big enough and you get a good visibility of the road
IMG_0962.jpg

That's the 3 cylinder engine running this car
IMG_0964.jpg

Singh Sahab, Congratzz for your EON. Nice pics.
Planning to get left side ORVM ?
Dahsboard without HU looks like crying face [lol]. No Offense bro.

I think you are the only TAIan with 5 ownership reviews. [clap]. 4 for cars and 1 for bike.

P.S. My life loves EON and is bugging atleast once daily to buy one for her. [lol]. But that's not going to come true sooner.

Last edited:

Top Bottom