Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
It was the early september of 2011 when my dad decided to gift me a car on my birthday. So I was damn excited as it was my first car.

He told me that his budget is around 4 lacs, at that time there was few options available like Alto 800(Not impressed me at all), k10(good and responsive engine but looks was too old for me), Spark LS(horrible ASS in Kolkata) and Beat LS(Mileage is less and horrible ASS in Kolkata).

And then I saw the scoop pictures of Hyundai EON and fell in love with it, so me and my dad decided to book one for me as we wanted to be the first owner of the Kolkata, yes we booked it before it was launched and din't even saw the car in flesh.

On the 12 october 2011 the car was finally launched and in Kolkata the car came to the showroom after 5 days of its launch. We immediately got a call from the showroom that the car has arrived you may come and see the car. On the very next morning we went to the showroom and the car was in front of us.

It was a eye catcher and was looking very stylish(Thanks to its new fluidic design).

What I like:

+Beautiful Design
+Impressive interior
+Fit and finish is wonderful(better than some segment above cars)
+Beautiful Instrument cluster
+Very comfortable for four people
+Excellent Air Conditioner chills to the bone
+Boot space

What I don’t like:

-814cc engine is not fun to drive like the Alto k10
-Steering is too light for high speeds
-Engine looses some of its performance when the AC is switched on
-The third person may feel uncomfortable at the rear

After taking the test drive it was the time to finalise the variant and the color.
We selected the Magna(O) variant which comes with the factory fitted stereo with front two speakers, front power windows, wider tyres with wheel covers (than the lower variants), and a parcel tray at the rear. We did not selected the sportz variant because it was priced high with limited features like fog lamps, driver side airbag with three spoke steering wheel and body colored door handles and ORVMS, so it was not worth the money. I would surely gone for the Sportz variant if it had ABS, dual airbags, rear power windows and the Alloys.

The on-road price was 3.97 Lacs with no freebies. On 2nd November 2011 we took the delivery of our EON.

Accessories Added till date:
1. HIDs from the showroom on the day of delivery but removed it after one year because of some reason.
2. Door visor
3. Floor mats
Aftermarket-
4. Mud flaps
5. Garware sun films
6. Perfume
7. Steering cover(black)
8. Seat covers(black with off-white stitching)
9. Teflon and Anti-rust treatment under the body was also done
10. Downgraded to OSRAM Night breaker Plus
11. Fog lamps
12. And many more car care products

Bought lots of accessories but couldn’t remember now.

From past one year we din’t faced any single problem. During the run-in period we use to get 12-13 km/l with AC and after that I’m getting around 16-17km/l with 50% AC.

If you’ve any query, feel free to ask me.

And please pardon if I’ve made any mistake because its my first review of my Eon.
Pictures coming soon.

Photo0557.jpg

Photo0620.jpg

Photo0621.jpg

Photo0695.jpg

Photo0765.jpg

Photo0607.jpg

Photo0784.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hyundai EON-Initial Ownership Review

Congrats on your Eon,what is the odo reading now and how about the service quality and cost ?

Nice buy. congrats.
The mileage you've quoted must be in 100% city driving, otherwise it seems less for an EON.

Thread Starter #4

Congrats on your Eon,what is the odo reading now and how about the service quality and cost ?
Thank you, My running is very limited, recently hit the 5000 kilometers on my odometer. Service quality is excellent here in Kolkata, have done my second free service and paid 700rs for the engine oil change. [:)]

Nice buy. congrats.
The mileage you've quoted must be in 100% city driving, otherwise it seems less for an EON.
Yes you're right, I drive within the city during the peak hours and my weekly running is also very less it around 42 kilometers only [frustration] , so this is the reason I get less mileage!

Hey Congrats on your buy buddy, no freebies with 3.97 not so fair, how was the dealership experience.

Is it the mileage which you have mentioned 16-17 running in cities?

Congratulations for you EON buddy[clap]. You have maintained it pretty good as well.

Please post some pics of the interior as well.

BTW: I have also booked EON in Dark Grey Metallic color, i guess the same as yours. [:)]

Thread Starter #14
Congratzzz BODHI for your new EON.

Can you please posts more pics of interiors.
Thank you, I have posted more pictures of my interiors! [:)]

Hey Congrats on your buy buddy, no freebies with 3.97 not so fair, how was the dealership experience.

Is it the mileage which you have mentioned 16-17 running in cities?
Till now experience is good, and yes you're right I drive in the city limits![:D]

Congratulations for you EON buddy[clap]. You have maintained it pretty good as well.

Please post some pics of the interior as well.

BTW: I have also booked EON in Dark Grey Metallic color, i guess the same as yours. [:)]
Thank you, yes I agree I maintain my Eon a lot more than myself, I love to keep her shiny and scratch free but their are always some idiot to ruin my beauty [anger] . And yes it's the dark grey metallic shade!

Top Bottom