hi all, This may be my first post but I have been stalking this forum for sometime now. Now that I have bought a car thanks to all the members for there valuable experiences, it is time I share my mine so someone else can be benefited too.
I have previously owned a Omni but we didn't take it out much. We exchanged the omni for this ertiga, and they gave an exchange of 2 lakhs.
Even though I have owned an OMNI before but technically Ertiga is my first car <3 . So here is my experience
Petrol vs diesel
I chose the Petrol over diesel because frankly, I am not a very "outgoing" person. Like the usage of car will not be very much. So it absolutely made no sense for me to pay the 1+ lakh extra just for the diesel variant. Also now the government has started increasing diesel price too it made my decision to choose a petrol variant that much easier. Booking Experience
I booked my Ertiga in RNS Motors Bangalore, the sales executive said the VXI Model with ABS
will take a long time to arrive (6 months) because they are running short of ABS
units which only Bosch manufactures in India and the VXI with non ABS
should be available in 3 months. I had the feeling that he was lying. But 6 months waiting period is just plain ridiculous. So i opted for the VXI no abs
one. The difference was some 10K but it was due to the waiting period I had to choose the non ABS
I booked it around November and I got a call on Jan last week this year for delivery. Experience so far
The engine is smooth, almost inaudible. Sometimes I end up cranking the engine thinking it is off
. So far it has traveled 500 kms only.
In city limits easily you can drive in 5th gear, it can even take up 30kmph. I tried this only recently. Maruti anyways recommends to maintain 55-60 in fifth gear to get maximum mileage. Taking Ertiga to 30kmph in 5th gear will push the engine a bit when you try to accelerate back to 55 range. Currently I am getting a mileage of 13.4 kmpl and I haven't been to the highway's yet. *warning*
- Repeated turning on and turning off the ignition has spoiled one of my USB stick which I was using to store the music. So if the engine turns off make sure you turn off your music system too before trying to crank the engine again. Repeated turning off and turning ON the engine has spoiled my USB drive beware! Well I will admit here that I am a new driver and I got my driving license only 3 months back .
- Also the break pedal's get stiff when the engine stalls. So be very careful, specially on ghat roads! We can still the use the breaks but we have to press it really hard. So if you come in a situation where you are trying to climb up and the engine stalls press the break pedal's as hard as you can and pull the parking break's immediately. Else the vehicle will just roll back down. One of my friend who has a Dzire ended up in drainage because his break's got stiff.
I know most guys will be aware of this but I thought I should post it anyways for people who are not aware of it yet. Navigation
I have not installed any navigation device in the car, I use my Nexus 7 tablet for it. Nexus 7 along with Sygic App provides accurate navigation! I place the tablet in this area. Since it is near the charging point
however I am looking for a good dashboard mount to keep my tablet. May be something like this Amzer 93343 Removable Sticky Dash and Console Mount for Tablet - Amzer: Flipkart.com
if you guys don't have a nexus tablet you can use any android tablet with GPS hardware. Those market GPS navigation systems are heavily priced!
Also make sure while getting down from the car either carry the tablet with you or put it in glove box.
Here are the stuffs I like and dislike about Ertiga The dislikes
Everything else is a like!!
- The bottle holders on each doors are very small. It's like Maruti expects it's buyers to keep infant feeding bottles there.
- They actually made a non ABS petrol model. All models should have ABS.
- Smaller pedal's (accelerator, break etc)
- Beige interior can get dirty very fast
- Underpowered lamps!
Here is one quick pic.. Don't have the pic of interior one yet. Will take them and upload it over the weekend Note to self
Need to add following items to the review
- Price break up
- Accessories and cost