Last week I got Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI silver color which was delivered as promised. Two days later got papers from RTO, free to go. Buying experience was smooth 10.5L paid on road including registration and insurance, plus: paint protection coating, under-body coating, engine coating.
20000 for accessories
sun control films
side doors strips
steel plates on door steps
16000 trade in exchange of Apollo tyres on Yoko S drives
straight from show room to tyre shop (dont ask which one, you don't wonna go there) changed Apollo Acceleres 185/60 R15 on Yokohama AS01 S Drive 205/55R 15 88W. W speed rating that what I want, with Rapid capable of doing 180kmh without remap, Acceleres have to go. With Yoko 205/55R 15 ground clearance increased on 1.7mm and now almost like on SX4.
Seat cover Auto Foam 5000
also changed head bulbs on x-treme vision of the same wattage 1200
Boot mat 3900
total around 48000
so near 11L
first impression adequate. you got what you paid for.
Went to Fort JadhavGadh Rapid taking on patched state highway SH64 with easy. No problem going on bad road, or over speed breakers, no any "thud" kind of sound from rear suspension.Tyre pressure was 34, but after me driving Thar for 6 months Rapid is quite a limousine.
Fort JadhavGadh real nice place to visit, great museum and real tranquil and relaxing place. Just s perfect getaway from Pune. Dont be fooled by google map, location of Fort JadhavGadh on google map is wrong. We arrived to this location first and were surprise to see some old fort with two crossed dandas instead of the gates.
Real fortjadhavgadh.com on SH64, bing map is correct. If driving from Pune right turn quite hard to notice, here is GPS coordinates for that turn N18o27'19.6" E073o50'32.6"
will do soon remap by Tune-O-Tronics up to 134bhp
if will be possible will upgrade brakes same time on Tarox package, one pot caliper brakes on Rapid OK ... but not with remap.
and later instead of suspension overhaul, when required (maybe in 7-8 months) will fix Bilstein B6.
pictures comparison of Apolo and Sdrives and Rapid on SH64
what I like:
1. price I got 75k discount, for that money, add 3 lakhs on mods I can get car which will ride better, and have better brakes then other C class cars ,(BMW3, Audi 4, Merc C class) which cost 3 times more. I need fast car for high ways and my budget was 24L, with total spending around 14L I will get what I want exactly.
2. seats comfortable, good adjustment, good side support.
3. steering wheel adjustable as well, any size driver can get comfortable position.
4. driving lights fantastic for night driving.
5. cabin noise isolation PERFECT.
6. ground clearance PERFECT
7. going on speed over bumps easy, no need reducing speed at all.
what I dont like
1. rear seat angle do not match my home recliner and do not recline, but hardly any one can expect it from 10.5L car
2. head lights and turn indicators control lever on left side, I drive Thar in city on daily basis and messing up lights with windshield sweeper all the time on both cars.
3. right windshield sweeper touching bonnet edge while lifting up.