Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI One Week Old

Thread Starter #1
Last week I got Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI silver color which was delivered as promised. Two days later got papers from RTO, free to go. Buying experience was smooth 10.5L paid on road including registration and insurance, plus: paint protection coating, under-body coating, engine coating.

20000 for accessories
floor mats
sun control films
side doors strips
door guards
steel plates on door steps
body cover
16000 trade in exchange of Apollo tyres on Yoko S drives

straight from show room to tyre shop (dont ask which one, you don't wonna go there) changed Apollo Acceleres 185/60 R15 on Yokohama AS01 S Drive 205/55R 15 88W. W speed rating that what I want, with Rapid capable of doing 180kmh without remap, Acceleres have to go. With Yoko 205/55R 15 ground clearance increased on 1.7mm and now almost like on SX4.

Seat cover Auto Foam 5000

also changed head bulbs on x-treme vision of the same wattage 1200
Boot mat 3900

total around 48000
so near 11L

first impression adequate. you got what you paid for.

Went to Fort JadhavGadh Rapid taking on patched state highway SH64 with easy. No problem going on bad road, or over speed breakers, no any "thud" kind of sound from rear suspension.Tyre pressure was 34, but after me driving Thar for 6 months Rapid is quite a limousine.

Fort JadhavGadh real nice place to visit, great museum and real tranquil and relaxing place. Just s perfect getaway from Pune. Dont be fooled by google map, location of Fort JadhavGadh on google map is wrong. We arrived to this location first and were surprise to see some old fort with two crossed dandas instead of the gates.

Real fortjadhavgadh.com on SH64, bing map is correct. If driving from Pune right turn quite hard to notice, here is GPS coordinates for that turn N18o27'19.6" E073o50'32.6"

planing upgrades

will do soon remap by Tune-O-Tronics up to 134bhp

if will be possible will upgrade brakes same time on Tarox package, one pot caliper brakes on Rapid OK ... but not with remap.

and later instead of suspension overhaul, when required (maybe in 7-8 months) will fix Bilstein B6.

pictures comparison of Apolo and Sdrives and Rapid on SH64

what I like:

1. price I got 75k discount, for that money, add 3 lakhs on mods I can get car which will ride better, and have better brakes then other C class cars ,(BMW3, Audi 4, Merc C class) which cost 3 times more. I need fast car for high ways and my budget was 24L, with total spending around 14L I will get what I want exactly.

2. seats comfortable, good adjustment, good side support.

3. steering wheel adjustable as well, any size driver can get comfortable position.

4. driving lights fantastic for night driving.

5. cabin noise isolation PERFECT.

6. ground clearance PERFECT

7. going on speed over bumps easy, no need reducing speed at all.

what I dont like

1. rear seat angle do not match my home recliner and do not recline, but hardly any one can expect it from 10.5L car

2. head lights and turn indicators control lever on left side, I drive Thar in city on daily basis and messing up lights with windshield sweeper all the time on both cars.

3. right windshield sweeper touching bonnet edge while lifting up.

sdrivesfar.jpg

sdrives.jpg

appolo.jpg

onsh64.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
just done remap with 260km on ODO. Tune-O-Tronics guys were in Pune, so I used opportunity and remapped Rapid in one hour. Done conservative remap up to 132bhp. That is simply amazing, increase in tongue and acceleration in all gears very noticeable immediately. I think, it is best thing which can be done for this car. Jail brake, from silly thing. First impression like car got engine replaced.

Also at this moment engine still not adjusted completely to new map, will take some time, but it is already so much better. if any one interested contact Vivek on +919900024137.

Really, I paid full price for this car and been provided with handicapped version of it. how fair it is.

Last edited:
Congracts on the skoda but don't you think that you have remapped the car too early?I mean at least 1000 kms would be enough.

Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy. Rapid is looking really great.

Post some more pics of the car and interiors as well.

Alloys are looking really good

Thread Starter #7
thanks everybody!!

Congracts on the skoda but don't you think that you have remapped the car too early?I mean at least 1000 kms would be enough.
yes it is little bit early, but Vivek said, they have remapped previously Rapid with 200km on ODO.

thing is that I'm going on long trip next week and when I will be back it will more then 4000km on ODO.

as Rapid still be doing inrun period I can get better speed with less RPM after remap. Also will change oil at final destination in Kullu with 2200 kms on ODO.

We are two drivers will go around 21:00 -22:00 from Pune to Ahmednagar - Shirdi - Manmad - NH3, then turn before Mhov from NH3 to Lebad SH79, then Ajmeer jaipur Delhi. Seems like best rout nowadays from Pune to Delhi. we want to cross Delhi at night (less trafic) and stay at night at Karnal. that is main reason why we starting from Pune at 21:00 Next morning 500 km to Kullu.

Thread Starter #8
Congrats bro on Rapid.105 HP is really excellent.We too have a same powered car,but it is Vento.It is pre owned one.
good union for benefit of customers Porsche - Audi - VW - Skoda. Easy for rapid owners too, I fixed seat covers made for Vento. now it is not 105 HP but 132HP

Last edited:
Congrats for the elegant machine buddy . And nice easy to maintain colour you choosed .

Thread Starter #11
thanks Raja, color quite nice, same car was on display when I come for booking , so that was easy to decide. Another color cappuccino does not look nice on 3-4 years cars. White , black and red not been considered much.

Since you know have the extra 27 horses,any plan to improve the brakes?
absolutely right, brakes have to be improved. I think in South there no other place like Cochin, for such kind of job. once back I will drive to Cochin and replace brakes with Tarox package, will fix rotors both on front and rear.

Last edited:
planing upgrades

will do soon remap by Tune-O-Tronics up to 134bhp

if will be possible will upgrade brakes same time on Tarox package, one pot caliper brakes on Rapid OK ... but not with remap.

and later instead of suspension overhaul, when required (maybe in 7-8 months) will fix Bilstein B6.
Congrats on your Rapid, but doesn't these modifications void your company warranty ?

Thread Starter #13
Congrats on your Rapid, but doesn't these modifications void your company warranty ?
thanks, there is nothing what can be detected after remap, also I can change to original map from backup file at any time I want, tune o tronics guys will do that free of charge. As far as I know only BMW service verifying authenticity of map file during services.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
@ Pinwheel, Congrats for your beast buddy. Happy & safe revving [thumbsup] btw, how much did the remap cost?
thanks, remap cost [;)] that I cant tell ya. I got some concession because I will remap Thar too. Soon, after fixing new brakes on it. In any way it will pay for itself by saving some diesel money.

Last edited:

Top Bottom