Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX VTVT Carbon Grey 2013

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, So after test driving and evaluating VW Vento Highline petrol, Honda City V MT and Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT, my wife and I finally selected Hyundai Verna as our second car, first one being Swift Vdi August 2009 model and already done 67000 kms.

Our reasons to select 1. A petrol and not a diesel and 2. Hyundai verna explained as below

1. Petrol v/s Diesel

The On road price difference between petrol and diesel car was average at 1.7 lakhs and considering that the interest part of loan on this amount will also add up to the total ownership cost of the car, the difference amounted to almost 2 lakhs. We would have taken 5 years minimum to recover this additional cost considering Petrol Diesel cost difference and fuel economies. Since we already have a Diesel Swift and that has done 67000 kms in 3.75 years, our average monthly run was coming to around 1600 kms. So second car was decided to be a petrol variant since this 1600 kms will be now done in two cars. I even used a calculator that is available online to get these calculations. If any one wants then probably I will post it in my subsequent posts.

2. Hyundai Verna v/s others

My wife and I, we test drove all the cars, where in I was more involved in technical evaluations. We shortlisted VW Vento Highline petrol, Honda City VMT and Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT. Although I am a fan of Japanese then German and lastly Korean cars, still I was surprised with the on road performance and build quality of Verna. The whole set up is so nicely done that even a person like me who is of 6'2" height can ingress and egress easily from this car. I had a tough tough time with VW Vento. Honda was still better but City still has very low ground clearance. Audio Console is too odd and is not in continuation with the door panels and dash board.

The reasons why we chose Verna were
1. Better cabin space and head room
2. High quality texture of interiors
3. Features like Automatic Climate control, ABS, Airbags, Bluetooth connectivity (not sold as an accessory), Rear parking sensors with Camera etc. that were severely missing in Honda City and Vento was giving as additional accessories
4. Fuel economy, pick up, superior Cabin
5. Styling and color option of C.Grey, Vento had option of White, Silver, Beige, Blue and Black.

Finally we booked the Verna on Jan 31 and we informed dealership that we will take delivery on Feb 14th on the day of Basant Panchmi. Meanwhile all paperwork etc was done. Smooth process.

Loan proceess

I had got the loan done from SBI as I want to repay my loan faster without any prepayment penalties as imposed in other banks. Although it is a floating rate of interest but SBI has advantages of prepayments and loan foreclosures without any penalty charges. Since I knew the loan officer, he had got the loan sanctioning and disbursement in Two days!!! I know it was fast.

Delivery Experience

Since we both had office on 14th and delivery had to be taken on this day itself, we reached dealership at 7 pm. Car was kept ready. Sales guy showed us the car and I just could not believe that our very own Verna was in front of us. He ran through the PDC checklist and showed the basics of the car and sent the car for decoration. Meanwhile he handed over all the documents etc. to me. Also gave a coupon for 3M body coating (I dont think its much of a use but will still get it done as mine is a dark color). Then we did the pooja and we were given a petrol coupon for 5 liters more by the sales officer. Car already had some fuel. ODO reading was 15 kms then.

Initial Experience

For first few days, I was driving the car like a new learner. [:D] But got used to the car pretty comfortably. The car runs very smoothly and feels posh! Love the feel of it. Have already done 780 kms in Mumbai. Planning for a short trip to Lonavala or nearby place soon. Fuel Economy is at 11.7 kmpl.

I will post some images soon.

Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 Sx VTVT Carbon Grey 2013 model

Congratulations sumzupdis [:)]
I am also a fan of fluidic design of Verna. However I do feel that GC of verna is also too low, specially front bumper seems to be touching the speedbreakers even before the front tyre reaches there.
I terms of pickup and performance, there is no match to this car!

Welcome to TAI friend. Waiting for Pics of this beauty.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Congratulations sumzupdis [:)]
I am also a fan of fluidic design of Verna. However I do feel that GC of verna is also too low, specially front bumper seems to be touching the speedbreakers even before the front tyre reaches there.
I terms of pickup and performance, there is no match to this car!

Welcome to TAI friend. Waiting for Pics of this beauty.
Luckily I have not experienced that issue of front bumper touching the speed breaer, but yes if there is luggage in the boot and car is fully loaded with 5 adults it does hit on high speed breakers. However I did get a scratch on the front bumper at the left side, lowest point of bumper where the curve is, due to a rock placed at the parking pavement...Crazy road contractors do shabby work...how I feel that I had front parking sensors too. I will post images for that too. I will click image and put online today. First scratch hurts alot!!! [anger]

Thread Starter #4

I have got Jopasu Car care kit from Snapdeal that is working like a charm. 5 minutes tops to get rid of everyday dust from the car. No need to wash the car every/alternate day. Highly recommended.

Second I have got Formula 1 Scratch Out that helps in removing any sticky substance and minor scratches!!!

Attachments

Congrat's buddy, Verna is a pure VFM product and trust me Hyundai ain't far behind those japanese and german's. how much was the total on-road cost?

Please post as many pics as possible, this thread will be incomplete without it.

Congratulations buddy! The Verna indeed is a very wonderful car! Please share the pictures of the car! cheers! [:)]

Hi all, So after test driving and evaluating VW Vento Highline petrol, Honda City V MT and Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT, my wife and I finally selected Hyundai Verna as our second car, first one being Swift Vdi August 2009 model and already done 67000 kms.

Our reasons to select 1. A petrol and not a diesel and 2. Hyundai verna explained as below

1. Petrol v/s Diesel

The On road price difference between petrol and diesel car was average at 1.7 lakhs and considering that the interest part of loan on this amount will also add up to the total ownership cost of the car, the difference amounted to almost 2 lakhs. We would have taken 5 years minimum to recover this additional cost considering Petrol Diesel cost difference and fuel economies. Since we already have a Diesel Swift and that has done 67000 kms in 3.75 years, our average monthly run was coming to around 1600 kms. So second car was decided to be a petrol variant since this 1600 kms will be now done in two cars. I even used a calculator that is available online to get these calculations. If any one wants then probably I will post it in my subsequent posts.

2. Hyundai Verna v/s others

My wife and I, we test drove all the cars, where in I was more involved in technical evaluations. We shortlisted VW Vento Highline petrol, Honda City VMT and Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT. Although I am a fan of Japanese then German and lastly Korean cars, still I was surprised with the on road performance and build quality of Verna. The whole set up is so nicely done that even a person like me who is of 6'2" height can ingress and egress easily from this car. I had a tough tough time with VW Vento. Honda was still better but City still has very low ground clearance. Audio Console is too odd and is not in continuation with the door panels and dash board.

The reasons why we chose Verna were
1. Better cabin space and head room
2. High quality texture of interiors
3. Features like Automatic Climate control, ABS, Airbags, Bluetooth connectivity (not sold as an accessory), Rear parking sensors with Camera etc. that were severely missing in Honda City and Vento was giving as additional accessories
4. Fuel economy, pick up, superior Cabin
5. Styling and color option of C.Grey, Vento had option of White, Silver, Beige, Blue and Black.

Finally we booked the Verna on Jan 31 and we informed dealership that we will take delivery on Feb 14th on the day of Basant Panchmi. Meanwhile all paperwork etc was done. Smooth process.

Loan proceess

I had got the loan done from SBI as I want to repay my loan faster without any prepayment penalties as imposed in other banks. Although it is a floating rate of interest but SBI has advantages of prepayments and loan foreclosures without any penalty charges. Since I knew the loan officer, he had got the loan sanctioning and disbursement in Two days!!! I know it was fast.

Delivery Experience

Since we both had office on 14th and delivery had to be taken on this day itself, we reached dealership at 7 pm. Car was kept ready. Sales guy showed us the car and I just could not believe that our very own Verna was in front of us. He ran through the PDC checklist and showed the basics of the car and sent the car for decoration. Meanwhile he handed over all the documents etc. to me. Also gave a coupon for 3M body coating (I dont think its much of a use but will still get it done as mine is a dark color). Then we did the pooja and we were given a petrol coupon for 5 liters more by the sales officer. Car already had some fuel. ODO reading was 15 kms then.

Initial Experience

For first few days, I was driving the car like a new learner. [:D] But got used to the car pretty comfortably. The car runs very smoothly and feels posh! Love the feel of it. Have already done 780 kms in Mumbai. Planning for a short trip to Lonavala or nearby place soon. Fuel Economy is at 11.7 kmpl.

I will post some images soon.
you have taken nice decision and advance wishes for happy and safe journey.

sumzupdis: welcome to TAI friend & welcome to verna club too. [:D] i also own Verna Fluidic EX 1.6crdi. And yes you are getting nice avg. with petrol variant. Waiting for the pics. [evil]

@ sumzupdis, Welcome to TAI. Nice, crisp review. Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Pictures :please:

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #10

Here we go...publishing some of the side profiles while parked in the apartment parking slot, more to follow soon

Attachments

Thread Starter #11

Driver side cross profile of the car...trust me it looks so fabulous from its side profiles...beats any car on road!!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #12

Congrat's buddy, Verna is a pure VFM product and trust me Hyundai ain't far behind those japanese and german's. how much was the total on-road cost?

Please post as many pics as possible, this thread will be incomplete without it.
Thanks for the wishes!

On road cost was before the price hike as the boy in sales did put in great efforts to bill the car before the recent price hike. He had billed the car on Jan 31 only. It helped me save around 8000.

The on road cost with octroi paid thane registration was around Rs.10,25,000/-

Ex-Showroom Price (THANE) 895923
Add : Registration - 88733
Add : Insurance 29065
Add : 3RD EXT.Warrenty + mats 6863 (I did not opt for this but got the mats and mud flaps complimentary)

Thread Starter #13

Today I will be discussing 3 of the most useful features of Verna. So far the ride is perfect and smooth. Since I have a diesel Swift too, I can feel stark difference between cabin environment of both the cars as well as with the performance. Probably verna is new and may be comfort and ride qualities are better! Same roads feel different on both the cars!!!

Talking on the top 3 features that I found really really useful so far are

1. Fuel economy gauge - This indicator tells you what KMPL you are driving the car at. Ranging from 0-30, This is one display that helps me to keep a tab on fuel economy that I can derive from my car when I am basically cruising on the straight roads, both city and highways.

2. Rear parking camera and sensors - The Green Yellow Red boxes are so well calibrated with the car's dimensions that it becomes so easy to park the car. Wish if front parking sensors would have also been provided but nevertheless rear parking camera and sensors are amazing.

3. Wireless MP3 play over Bluetooth - This works like charm with my iPhone Bluetooth. Sound quality although I think is little inferior than hard wired aux in connections to the iPod/iPhone but still is a great feature and works like a charm. Phone call connectivity is also very good.

Wait for my 1000 km and One month ownership review.

Congrats buddy for your new ride . It does look smashing in that grey colour . Loved your honest and very to the point ownership report .

Congracts,I also faced a similar dilemma few months back but since performance was the priority, got a city. Anyways verna is also a great car. Any reason why you did not consider fiesta?

Top Bottom