My Swift's 6th Birthday - Amazing Experience!!

Thread Starter #1
First of all I would love to start by saying that today is my baby’s 6th birthday and that is the reason I thought of writing an ownership review which is the least I can do for her.

It was end of January 2007 when my dad had to give his Indica V2 DLS, stone blue colour, back to his office since he was migrating to another company. My dad too was very happy changing the car since we had a lot issues with the Indica. He had made up his mind to go in for a petrol car this time. I was very excited since I was the only member in my family who knew driving after my dad! The budget we had set was 5-5.5L. I shortlisted a few cars in this range and we decided to start having TD’s as and when possible to buy a car asap. The cars we had shortlisted were Hyundai getz and Maruti Swift. Since we had owned a Maruti 800 and Omni before, my dad was more inclined towards the swift, since It was a Maruti car. Once we took the TD, I too was happy with the car and we decided to go ahead considering the advantages of having a Maruti car – lower maintenance, easy availability of spares and service stations. The TD experience was awesome! It was a big change for me from a diesel car to a petrol car with EPS. It was really smooth and easy to handle. Fell in love with the car instantly! [clap]

We decided to visit RNS motors, Yeshwantpur and book the car without wasting time. After looking at the colour options the colour we decided to take was Silky Silver since we all liked it. My dad made the initial payment by cheque(don’t remember the exact value) and the dealer told us that the car would be delivered to us in 15-20 days.
It was the eve of 2nd March, hardly 12 days after booking and my dad received a call from RNS motors saying that the car was ready. They offered us to drop the car at our doorstep, but my dad was keen on driving the car back home himself. He informed them that we will be collecting the car in the evening the next day! The dealer gave us a few freebies – Ganesha idol, mud flaps, number plates, floor mats, autocop and tints.

General details of the car :

Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi - 2007 model
Silky Silver
37,000 kms done

Damages :

A coconut had fallen on the windshield on day 4 after buying the car. It was repaired immediately! [cry]
Small dent and scratches on the left hand side above the wheel arch. Will be getting it repaired during the next service.

+ves and and –ves of the car :

+ves – performance, low maintenance, modify friendly, handling.
-ves – overall build quality, interiors.

Overall ownership rating : 8/10.

ICE :

Pioneer DEH-P 5150UB HU
Hertz components
Blaupunkt 6x9 co-axial speakers
JBL 2 channel amplifier connected to the components
Polk momo 12”- MM2124 woofer in a sealed box
JBL mono block connected to the woofer.
FSK wiring for the whole setup
Dynamat damping for 3 doors

Modifications :

Changed the endcan/muffler
Spoiler
Upsized to 15” EVO alloys with 205/55-15 Nankang NS-II sport tyres
Upgraded headlamps to 100/90W Philips Rally bulbs with Hella Relays
Hella Horns

Sorry guys I do not have the pictures of the delivery but will be posting a few recent pictures of the car. Today the car is totally mine (so the mods) and my dad is using a Honda Civic 1.8V AT. Cheers!

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
@Hey wonderful thought to celebrate the birth day of your ride buddy !! yes it is the best gift to your ride and companion for 6 long years, but believe me when I have seen that in flesh, it never looked to me like 6 years old buddy. I think it is also feeling glad to be with you for your gentle care towards her and you were so kind enough to buy her a beautiful shoes integrated with nice alloys buddy[:)]

I wish you more n more happy miles with it !!

Happy Birthday Swift!Excellent review Varun.Recently,we sold our Swift VDI 2010,which had done about 80K Km in 3 years.I m glad that we too had a Swift.But,sold this and bought Vento HL 2012 Pre-Worshipped a week ago.

Thread Starter #5
@Hey wonderful thought to celebrate the birth day of your ride buddy !! yes it is the best gift to your ride and companion for 6 long years, but believe me when I have seen that in flesh, it never looked to me like 6 years old buddy. I think it is also feeling glad to be with you for your gentle care towards her and you were so kind enough to buy her a beautiful shoes integrated with nice alloys buddy[:)]

I wish you more n more happy miles with it !!
Thank you Gurrala sir! [:)]

Happy Birthday Swift!Excellent review Varun.Recently,we sold our Swift VDI 2010,which had done about 80K Km in 3 years.I m glad that we too had a Swift.But,sold this and bought Vento HL 2012 Pre-Worshipped a week ago.
Thank you Music_Swift! Congratulations for your new Vento HL! [:)]

Convey my 6th Anniversary birthday Wishes to your Silver beauty[;)]

As like Gurrula saab mentioned. your car never looks like 6 years old and it is a very well maintained car with wonderful modification.

Hope will do a small ride in your car next time[:)]

Thread Starter #7
Convey my 6th Anniversary birthday Wishes to your Silver beauty[;)]

As like Gurrula saab mentioned. your car never looks like 6 years old and it is a very well maintained car with wonderful modification.

Hope will do a small ride in your car next time[:)]
Thank you Appu! Yes you can take TD of my car next time. [:)]

Congrat's on achieving the milestone, i really do appreciate the way you have maintained your car. have a many more happy miles with your silver beauty.

Congrats on making 6 years with the Swift. It indeed shows its a niggle free car. It has been nicely maintained by you too. [clap]

Thread Starter #10
Congrat's on achieving the milestone, i really do appreciate the way you have maintained your car. have a many more happy miles with your silver beauty.
Thank you Visran! [:)]

Congrats on making 6 years with the Swift. It indeed shows its a niggle free car. It has been nicely maintained by you too. [clap]
Thank you Anshuman! [:)]

Hi buddy. Congratulations for your silver beauty's 6th Birthday. Your have maintained her very well. Your car looks good. I wish you to have happy miles.

Thegreatv

Congrats buddy for 6 glorious years of your swift . The alloys are hot and class .

Top Bottom