Ford Fiesta SXI 1.4 TDCI - My Whitey

Thread Starter #1
I think its bit late for a ownership review[;)]

The Initial Start
As we had a maruti 800 for some for 5 years. we needed an upgrade of a car in 2010.I was the one who started the discussion at first and a need for a sedan emerged in our family.
I was crazy about fiesta from the day it was launched.Our budget at the beginning was 5 lacs.The cars considered were
1.Ford fiesta
2.Renault logan
3.Tata indigo Manza
4.Swift dzire at the first sight i didnt like that.

Ford fiesta
At the first test drive i loved that.
The upgrade from 800 to fiesta was awesome.
Fiesta was the first car test drived by us.
My dad was also went crazy on this car.
But the OTR price was 9 lacs

Renault logan
Was not much impressed but satisfied.
A lovely cabin with great interior space nothing is equal to this in case of space.
Cheap quality plastics.Bumper quality was worst.
OTR price was 6.5 lacs. Which was ohk for my dad.

Indigo Manza
I liked that after fiesta.
But boot was cramped.
Tata brand image spoiled a lot.

After all the discussion were over first freezed with logan for 2 months after that 2 months with manza without a proper decision.
Always Mind was with logan and manza but heart with fiesta.

One day i came back from school and my dad was saying have seen a second hand fiesta only 14K ODO , I was surprised and asked about that more.
I went to see the car and liked at the first site.So within a week took the car home.
It was great pleasure that a 2007 fiesta has done only 14 K ODO in 3 and half years.The exact date we took it home was on 30-01-2011

At the first start
Maruti 800 to fiesta upgrade was nice.
But hard to learn it even now dad has some problem while driving.
Even to say the truth i was afraid of riding my fiesta for the first few weeks after which i statred driving it. But as of now i wont worry for any upgrade.

Perfomance
Fiesta's perfomance was awesome at the first. Even surprising.
1.4 durotorq was lovely to drive. But at low Rpm the turbo lag was noticeable.
Shifting gears is smoother but hectic in traffic for every brake downshifting will be killing.
3 rd gear is some what tall from 30 KMPH - 90 KMPH.
Driving in 5th gear in 80 KMPH with 2K rpm will be like walking in highways. But we can feel speed after 120 KMPH. But after my tyre upgrades the speed till 140 KMPH will be gripy but engine noise is more.
My top speed was 160 KMPH.

Suspension
Im facing problem with suspension now. Because front right shock should be replaced.
But really suspension would be good.

Problem Faced
But now after driving 30K ODO. fiesta feels underpowered.
Even now some issues rised with my fiesta.
First one is pickup is not satisfactory because it seems to be reducing nowadays.
Secondly Engine noise.

Have to find a remedies for both.

Update
Now my car has completed about 46700 Kms ODO
Any how Niggles free.
Nil rattling noise.

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

Rajvel, Nice thread. I am preparing an Ownership Review of My Fiesta for more than two months. Couldn't finish it coz of my hectic schedule. Waiting for the full details.

Wow You are reviewing your Fiesta! Great, looking forward to read more about your machine.[thumbsup]

Mine was similar to yours, Graduated from M800 to Fiesta.

My ownership is also getting ready[thinking].

Keep it coming!

Thread Starter #4
Rajvel, Nice thread. I am preparing an Ownership Review of My Fiesta for more than two months. Couldn't finish it coz of my hectic schedule. Waiting for the full details.
Same here too
Thought of starting a ownership review about 3 months ago but started yesterday night only.

Wow You are reviewing your Fiesta! Great, looking forward to read more about your machine.[thumbsup]

Mine was similar to yours, Graduated from M800 to Fiesta.

My ownership is also getting ready[thinking].

Keep it coming!
Nice
wait for the ownership review from your side.

Again continued with my story.
The day we bought our home was really enjoyable dont have words to express that. That too an upgrade from 800 to fiesta was nice.

+ve
Nice ride quality.
Leather seats were lovely.
Interior was lovely.
Being a car with 14K KMS ODO, It was a brand new in perfomance and looks.
-ve
Turbolag is more within 2k RPM
At 140 kmph engine noise is killing.

Upgrades
2 Din sony XAV-63 with stock speaker
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...8216-got-sony-xav-63-ford-fiesta-classic.html
Tyres were upgraded from stock 175/65 R14 to 195/60 R 14
That tooo from mrf to yoko.
This upgrade provided me a great grip at 140kmph which the stock tyres lagged.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...8616-new-shoes-tyres-ford-fiesta-classic.html
even with this tyre, noise was also less now.

Last edited:
Nice ownership review.
I never thought your car to be second hand. It was shining like brand new, when I saw it at Pondicherry.
Waiting for more pics.
BTW you mentioned that you found Manza boot to be cramped! Fiesta has much smaller boot than Manza.

Congrats on your Fiesta. Hope you are enjoying every ride with it. Manza is more spacious than Fiesta. But fiesta is turbo lag free very easy to commute through busy traffic. Tata has lost its way. They are loosing their customers.

Thread Starter #9
Nice ownership review.
I never thought your car to be second hand. It was shining like brand new, when I saw it at Pondicherry.
Waiting for more pics.
BTW you mentioned that you found Manza boot to be cramped! Fiesta has much smaller boot than Manza.
Yep as per specification vice fiesta has smaller boot but the manza boot structure is in the way that it seems smaller.

Congrats on your Fiesta. Hope you are enjoying every ride with it. Manza is more spacious than Fiesta. But fiesta is turbo lag free very easy to commute through busy traffic. Tata has lost its way. They are loosing their customers.
Your right as per the seating Manza is really a big sedan. Always Tata cars will be spacious in my view. But verito has no alternative in space.

Yep as per specification vice fiesta has smaller boot but the manza boot structure is in the way that it seems smaller.

Your right as per the seating Manza is really a big sedan. Always Tata cars will be spacious in my view. But verito has no alternative in space.
But Verito is no where near Manza. I feel manza clubclass is a good Tata car I have ever seen. There are still lag in fit and finish but the plastiky is gone. If the Tata people could market it well by reducing its cost some more it will be a great sucess.

Hi Raj,

Awesome pics of your ride. One question - 3.5years and only 14k in odo that's a bit suspicious. Did you check full service history with Ford dealer where the car was serviced?

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #13
Hi Raj,

Awesome pics of your ride. One question - 3.5years and only 14k in odo that's a bit suspicious. Did you check full service history with Ford dealer where the car was serviced?

Regards,
Sankar
Checked the entire service history. Everything is genuine. As the First owner was a learner, he was unable to drive fiesta, so he has to find some one to drive his car. Even he has changed the clutch assembly at 12K ODO.

But Verito is no where near Manza. I feel manza clubclass is a good Tata car I have ever seen. There are still lag in fit and finish but the plastiky is gone. If the Tata people could market it well by reducing its cost some more it will be a great sucess.
TATA is only spoiled by the brand image.
Why do you say Verito is nowhere near Manza ?

Raj Rocky a.k.a Rajvel,

Excellent review you had made.And,M-800 to Fiesta is really a wonderful upgrade.

Regards,
Abhinav Rocky
Thanks Dude.

Rajvel @

Congrats on your buy. Your car not looks like 6 year old. At What price you bought her?How much amount you spend for the maintenance till now?Did your pick up issues sorted out?

Checked the entire service history. Everything is genuine. As the First owner was a learner, he was unable to drive fiesta, so he has to find some one to drive his car. Even he has changed the clutch assembly at 12K ODO.
Your very luck Raj. While i was searching for a sedan in second hand market couldn't find any low mileage Fiesta in my budget. Most low mileage ones were quoted high rates also.[cry]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom