Beige Hound: Volkswagen Vento TDi Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ians,

We purchased VW Vento HL TDI pre-worshipped this Saturday.The Car had done 12700 Km by first owner in almost 1 year.Color is Terra Beige.The Car is yet to arrive by this week or next week.First the process of the Car is,

Background-We have Toyota Innova 2.5V7 2005,which is purchased by our company in 2005 and bought it in November 2012 for highway use and Swift VDI 2010 in Silver Color,which had done 78000 Km in 3 years.Both were excellent.But,since last year,we are looking for a replacement for our Swift VDI.We had seen all Cars.But,decided to continue with our Swift VDI for few months.And,on June 2012 last,when we are looking for Duster,we had put our Swift in classifieds.Got a lukewarm response after putting in classifieds.But,after seeing Duster,we had rejected Duster,which we saw on launch day.But,next day after launch,we booked Duster with 5-6 months waiting period.After cancelling the Duster booking,we had seen many options.And,our daily run is about 100 Km.Per month run is about 2000 to 3000 Km/month.Now,the options of the next Car are,

1.Great Features-My Swift missed those features.
2.A.S.S-Had an excellent experience with Maruti in 3 years
3.Ride Quality
4.Handling
5.Fit and Finish
6.Build Quality

First is,

Skoda Rapid-We had sat in my dad's Rapid Elegance 2012 in Cappucino Beige,which had done about 30K Km in almost 10 months.We were impressed with Ride Quality.But,the gimmicks are Skoda A.S.S is worst.But,no idea at Hyderabad.But,my friend,who has Octavia,gives at Mahavir Auto and said 'the service is excellent and had good experience with them.But,the Car had lack of Steering Audio Controls,USB and Reverse Parking Sensor.And,this was considered as our next Car also-Rejected

+ves of the Rapid:

+Build Quality
+Fit and Finish
+Rear Seat Space
+Performance

-ves of the Rapid:

-Skoda A.S.S
-Lack of Steering Controls

Overall,Rapid is the excellent Car with 2 flaws.

VW Vento-This was our first choice since its launch.But,VW made me scary due to A.S.S.But,recently,6 days ago,I saw an ad that VW is offering 50% Price on Vento.We called and asked about it.The Dealer said 'Sir,yes,we had this offer.But,you should pay 6L for Vento HL.And,on Friday(15/02/2013),our Swift buyer had came to our house to meet my dad.When we told that we are upgrading for Vento.He gave an offer and he said,Sir,My brother in law owns an almost 1 year Vento HL TDI in Terra Beige,which had done 12000 Km in almost 1 year.Then dad said "okay",bring the Car once and will see.And,on Saturday,he bought Vento and showed us.After dad saw the Vehicle,he was impressed.He decided to buy this Car.The owner quoted 9.5L for this Beauty.And,we said okay to this.The owner had bought Vento for 12.5L and selling for 9.5L is really VFM.The Exterior is well maintained.Interior is also well maintained.And,on same day,we booked this Car.Now,the twist starts after options of Vehicle-Finally,Vento was our Vehicle.

+ves of Vento:

+Build Quality
+Brand Name
+Features better than 2010 versions
+Excellent Ride and Handling
+Rear AC
+Engine Performance

-ves of Vento:

-Scary A.S.S
-Thud sound from Suspension
-Low GC
-Less Tire life from Apollo Aceleres stock size.Will be upgrading to 195/60R15

Overall,Vento is an excellent Vehicle and Best Sedan in 12L with 4 flaws.

Hyundai Verna-Styling and Gizmos made me impress.But,Suspension problems reported by our TAI'ians and rear seat space made me to go for Vento.But,in 2011 after launch of Verna,we went to the dealer and saw Verna.Impressed with this.But,ruled out due to Suspension and Rear Seat Space-Rejected

+ves of Verna:

+Features and Gizmos
+Styling
+Hyundai A.S.S better than VW
+Performance is big highlight

-ves of Verna:

-Scary Suspension
-Rear Seat Space

Overall,Verna is okay Vehicle with 3 positives and 2 flaws.

Renault Scala-Saw this Car in Magazine.But,Renault made me worry after booking Duster-Rejected

+ves of Scala:

+Looks better than Sunny
+Well Featured
+Rear Seat Space

-ves of Scala:

-Renault Brand Value made me worry after debacle of Logan
-Overpriced-You could get an Rapid after discounts

Overall,Sunny is okay Vehicle with 1 positive and 2 Flaws.

Nissan Sunny-The Caaaaaar made me impressive and VFM.But,again,Scary Nissan A.S.S.

+ves of Sunny:

+VFM
+Well featured with Push Button
+Looks cool in Bronze Grey
+Rear Seat Space

-ves of Sunny:

-Scary A.S.S
-Average Perfomance

Overall,Sunny is an excellent Car with 4 Positives and 2 Flaws.

Fiat Linea-This Car had good Build Quality and good features.But,Tata and Fiat JV made me not to go for this Beauty.And,niggles made me mad.

+ves of Linea:

+Looks
+Features
+Built Quality
+Amazing 16 inch Wheels

-ves of Linea:

-Scary A.S.S
-Fit and Finish worries-But rectified in 2012 version

Overall,Linea is an excellent Car with 4 positives and 2 flaws.

And finally,

Renault Duster-Booked this Car after the launch.We saw the Display vehicle on the release day.Impressed with the Car.But,interiors and price made me worry.

+ves of Duster:

+SUVish looks
+2 Engine Options(Diesel)
+Looks good in Woodland Brown Color
+Big boot space

-ves of Duster:

-Pricey
-Lack of 7 seater
-Interior flaws
-Renault A.S.S

Overall,Duster is an excellent Car with 4 positives and 4 flaws.

We considered Hatchbacks like Swift,Punto,I20,Polo.But,left due to problems.

Finally,Vento became our final choice.

Story:
On Saturday after seeing Vehicle,we decided this as our next Car.And,on Sunday,process got started.The Swift buyer wants to buy our Car and give Vento.But,money made us much problem.He told us to pay 6.5L as down payment.And,3L for loan.And,we decided that 4.3L was our Swift selling value.And,another 2.2L from our company.We decided to take our Car on 20/02/2013.But,due to Bharat Bandh and Bank Bandh and decided to take today(22/02/2013),but we should pay extra money and take the Car[frustration].My dad extended for buying the Car for another week[frustration].EDIT:Bought our Car yesterday.

Accessories for my Beige Rocket-Will be adding soon:

1.Headlights change into OE Blackened Headlights
2.L.H.S Taillight replacement
3.Tire Upgrade to 195/60R15-Done
4.GTI Badge for Grille
5.Alloy Wheels Paint to Matte Black or Glossy Black
6.Blackened Roof
7.ICE-Replacing Speakers and not planning for Amp and Woofer
8.Carbon Fiber Wrap for ORVM's and B-Pillar
9.Rear Spoiler
10.Door Sill Plates
11.Race Dynamics Dieseltronics Tuning Box
12.Car Detailing Kit

Next round-Pics and Initial review after run.

For this inputs,I should thank our TAI'ians and my FB friends Rajvel,Vinesh Gopalswamy VC,Dhayanithi(cooldhaya) and others.

And,VW owners,Rightnow,Mari.Parthi,Pr3m,cooldhaya and others.

Teaser pic of my rocket.

image.jpg

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Music_Swift Now Ventoman - Pre-worshipped VW Vento Highline TDi

Note: Thread Now Live from T.I.P Zone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats for the rocket friend. [clap] and yes i liked the way you explained everything about every car. kudos!!!

Congrts Music_swift (or should i call ventoman) on a lovely peace of engineering. I love the VFM factor of used car.

Accessories for my Beige Rocket-Will be adding soon:

1.Headlights change into OE Blackened Headlights
2.L.H.S Taillight replacement
3.Blackened TL
4.GTI Badge for Grille
5.Alloy Wheels Paint to Matte Black or Glossy Black
6.Blackened Roof
7.ICE-Replacing Speakers and not planning for Amp and Woofer
8.Carbon Fiber Wrap for ORVM's and B-Pillar
1. Vento spare are expensive, is it really worth to change HL just for look?
2. reason? is it broken
3. Again your wish, but I would say blacken by some paint from outside( some paint is available) it can be undone
4. i am against of putting any sort of badge which the car actually doesn't have, but then, This is my personal opition
5. Make a ps job and check whether it suite the car or not
6. again need a ps job to check
7. Good choice, just appreciate that you dont want mess around with vento's electrical
8. Good [:D]

Thread Starter #5
Done 20 Km today and getting ready for first highway trip

Done 20 Km today.I should say that Car is just excellent.And,getting ready for Highway Trip this Monday.Already name got transferred to our name today morning.Car Odo is 12945 Km.But,when I removed left wiper,paint of wiper is getting scratched.What could be this problem?Anyways,Car is just awesome.

Congracts on the Vento but 12.5L for a vento is too much right? I mean I thought it was for 11.

All VAG group car has something call service position for wiper, You need to be in this position before making wiper stand.
I am not sure how to get into that service position, but mostly there should be some option in wiper stalk.
Can any other owner please confirm?

sukanta to get the wiper to stand, after switching on the ignition pull the wiper stalk backwards t so that the windscreen cleaner spray sprays/switch on the wiper and when the wiper comes to the centre then switch off the ignition & you will have the wiper on the centre of the windscreen and can make it stand.
music swift congrats to you for your vw vento.

Last edited:

Hey music_swift, nice write up buddy. And your family have lot of car usage it seems. You will always need a workhorse to satisfy your needs. First it was served by Swift now Vento.

Are there any scratches on the car? Can please post pic of interiors?

Thread Starter #11
sukanta to get the wiper to stand, after switching on the ignition pull the wiper stalk backwards t so that the windscreen cleaner spray sprays/switch on the wiper and when the wiper comes to the centre then switch off the ignition & you will have the wiper on the centre of the windscreen and can make it stand.
music swift congrats to you for your vw vento.
Thank you Rajeev Sir.Morning,tried this experiment.It worked me very well.

Hey music_swift, nice write up buddy. And your family have lot of car usage it seems. You will always need a workhorse to satisfy your needs. First it was served by Swift now Vento.

Are there any scratches on the car? Can please post pic of interiors?
Thank you Dharmesh Sir.There are some minor scratches which will be removed at 3M Car Care.Sure,will post interior pics of my Rocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishaan,bought our Car for 9.5L.It's a 2012 version.Sold our Swift for 4.3L.
I know but here in gurgaon Vento new TDI high line is for 11 or so.
Anyways great colour,this was the one which I was about to go for.

Congrats , m_s , I just love the german engineering marvels under the simple curves. truly european.

BTW, is it possible to get the company warranty transferred on your dad 's name ?

Wow

I liked the creative title of your thread.

Really summarises the whole story isnt it? [clap]

Anyway - Good Price you paid for this Vento and good resale you got for your swift as well.

Enjoy you workhorse with safety. [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom