My Tata Manza - Class Apart Became My Part

Thread Starter #1
WHY TATA MANZA

Decision

Had a 2004 Indica V2 which need replacement very badly so in the month of NOV 2011 my search started

Budget

5.5L to 7L Ex-Showroom Chennai wanted a Sedan only

Competitors/Preference list

TATA Manza
Fiat Linea
Chevy Aveo
Swift Dzire(Old)
MS SX4
Indigo eCS
Nissan SUNNY

Now time to decide so planned for test drive

TATA MANZA

Very comforable like an SUV
Very Spacious
Rear Seat was a bench mark
Steering audio controls
Very very good suspension
Good Pickup
Powerful Engine
Not a very long car but enough wheel base

FIAT Linea

Comfortable
Classic
Good legroom
Rear A/C Vents
Long wheel base
Same engine as MANZA but tuned for more pick-up and performance

Dropped as it was uncomfortable to sit and get out of the vehicle and the partiality shown by the TML dealers

Aveo

No D option so dropped

Swift dzire Old

Maruti Reliable service only was the advantage
No rear space or comforts
Suspension was not as good as manza
Power was insuficient comparing MANZA
Mileage in City was more than Manza

But due to the Rear Seats I dropped this option

SX4

Very good vehicle
Rear Space and comfort was sufficient
Good handling and suspension

But dropped due to Budget the Diesel Variant was stating only by 8.5L

Indigo eCS

Dropped looked a-like my old V2

SUNNY

caaaaar Keys the same add
Rear A/C as in Linea
ABS std. feature
Very lengthy car
The dealer network was not good

Dropped due to Price tag and dealer network

FINAL

MANZA Class Apart became my car on 6 FEB 2012

Dealer:-Tafe Reach
Sales Person and Team Head:-Soundar rajan
Venue/Branch: Anna Salai
Payment: Full Cash
Model:2012-Aura
Colour:Dew White as Wine was not available in Aura model

Delivery

It was scheduled by 9.30 but after cleaning and other ceremony got the vehicle only by 11.00AM

After taking the Delivery

First Niggle

>Vehicle started pulling towards left when the hands are taken off from the steering
>Rear Suspension Sound

The very next day I took the Vehicle to the Tafe Reach Garage/Service centre and complained about the problem and there was a Very Intelegent gentleman (Mr.Desingan) CRM of Tafe Reach[lol] Who knowns nothing about automobiles told me to wait for half an hour in the lounge and no Service advisor to check the vehicle and finally they had a person for making road tests alone came and drove the vehicle and accepted the fault and again morethan half an hour the vehicle was not attended by anyone.When i went and asked to the CRM "Hey what do you think in your mind making me wait for such a long time and the vehicle is not attended and what are you going to do for this".The CRM replied have to check the alignment and if the alignment is correct have to change the tyre and check.

See how this man says. How can Pulling complaint be arrested by rotating the tyres.If they mention so then there is some mistake with the Tyre or TATA is selling the vehicle with second quality Tyres.This was my doubt while waiting for the vehicle

Those stupid People Including the CRM of Tafe don't know how to handle the vehicle inside their campus that to a brand new car(Its from our point of view)but for them its 1 among the 20.I asked him wheather there will be any issues with the Toe Rod. FOr that he asked me what's TOE ROD! See how well these people are trainned

And IF you Mail the complaints to the GM or MD of the Tafe none will response to the mails sent by the customers

My case will be a proof of waht the TML dealers do in the time of PDI(i.e, they don't do PDI at all.)

Now I'm dam sure the car is with second Quality Tyres so my Next step was to

Change Tyre and Rim

Went to change the Tyre to a tyre Shop and that time the owner of the shop is a friend of my father and he suggested to go for 195/55R15 instead of 185/55R15

Advantages of ballon tyres/size up

>good Grip
>reduces body roll
>the ware&tare will be even
>Better life

So the tyres was Bridgestone Potenza V-Rated Tyre-Rs.5300.00 each and took 4 tyres

Alloy was Local Indian Brand cost was Rs.4900.00 each and same way 4Nos.

TIME FOR 3M

Through my uncle i got the link of a person who works for 3M distributor named M/S Balaji Agencies

Were they had all lots of Sun Film Options and I selected the SP35(States 35% transperent) suited my Manza

3M under chassis coating was done on the same day

3M Paint Protection Coating also on the same day with all doors and ineer pats greased with 3M spray for fighting against corrosion

The total bill was Rs.5800.00 which if i had gone to a 3M CarCare they would have charged 7000-8000

Accessories

Roots Vibrosonic Horn a Pair with instalation and Relay charged Rs.1500

Reverse guide camera with mirror Display was Rs.3800 + Fitting person asked Rs.300

Then Floor mats Rs.750,Vinyl Mat Rs.950 there ends my list as others were very much provided in the car itself but the oval speakers were missing and hence there was no effect in the car so Purchased a Pioneer Orginal 4way speaker for Rs.1350/set,duplicate was 650-750 there was no change except for the quality of cone paper

First Service

Having experience in TAFE i had a friend in POKMA AUTOMOBILES(TASC)so left it there
Service Advisor:Vinoth
Mechanic cum Advisor:Yuvaraj

>First service just was water Wash
>Check-up

Got the delivery in 4 Hrs

No other issues except the Rear suspension sound that too only if the vehicle tends to shake too much in the potholes

Till second service the mileage was 11in city 15 in highway

Bill was Zero

Second Free Service

Complaint

>Co-Driver seat rattling noise
>Rear Suspension noise

Works Done

>Water Wash
>Check-up
>Engine scanning
>Air Filter leaning
>Greasing doors

Bill was zero

Third Free Serive

Complaints

>Rear Suspension Noise
>Few rattlings
>Co-Driver seat rattling noise

Works Done

>Oil Change
>Oil Filter
>Water wash
Bill was Rs.3400.00

But the people at Pokma Damaged one of the Alloy.The MD of the Pokma was a stupid and replied reluptantly for that.Made a big argument on the same with him and bought a letter as comitment to change the wheel as brand new and then paid the bill for that particular service.

They have proved them self again by fitting the new alloy without wheel balancing and the vehicle started wobbling after 100KM/Hr so again made Wheel Balancing with LAL BROS and made it stable once again[anger]

FOUTH FREE SERVICE

Complaints

>Front Suspension Noise
>Doors Ratling
>Co-Driver Seat Rattling
>Steering column Play
>Sterio UBS mal-Function

Works

>Removed the sterio and sent for repair
>Oil Change
>Fuel Filter was changed
>Air Filter was changed
>Oil Filter was changed

Bill was Rs.5800.00

The sterio was fixed last week with damage on its panel and they have agreed to make someother arrangements so let wait and watch

But the suspension noise was not resolved and again goin to live the vehicle tomorrow for that work

Seriously the TASC/TASS Service advisors are totally waste and over confident they won't listen at all to what we are mentioning about,But any time you go they'll resolve problems.

TATA MOTORS recomends the Castrol Oil but that seems to be total waste,If they recommend the SHELL Oil or MOBIL1 that would be better

Last edited:
Re: My Manza-Class apart became my part

Great! you have finally started a ownership review. Keep posting your experience and also some pictures of your car.

For tyre rotation done to correct alignment issues.
Seems dealer tried to swap tyres at the yards.
Hence the jugaad .

Thread Starter #10
@Superbad: yard was far away but it may be true

Recent Problems with Manza

A/C is not working after continous drive of 80 Kms.

Solution

Thermostat changed thrise there was no improvement

After that fourth time they said gas charging + or - 20 Gms will solve the issue and this idea was suggested by Subros Engineers itseems and this also failed.

FINAL
I told them to change the complete set
Compressor
Thermostat
Cooling Coil
Temperature Switch
Inlet outlet pipes

Everything is over now and there is no problem.But now the previous cooling is not there.

The Steering Rack and Pinion due to the metal sound was changed under warranty but still the front right wheel is in effective and still there is no action as in left front wheel don't know weather its due to shocks or due to suspension.

I think that is lot of problems which you have encountered in 1+ years of ownership.

What is your car's month of manufacture?

Majority of the TASS are real waste, some of them are good.

@mp , there were limited options available those days for buyer AFA entry level sedans were concerned.
Sail sedan was also not on the horizon.So manza was the best buy.

It seems that left pulling problem was solved after tyre upgrade.

My owner manual and the stock tyres display that the size is 185\60 R 15.How was your stock size 185/55 R 15.?
Just try to help me here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...w-tyres-tata-manza-post286042.html#post286042

Can you please cross check it in your owner's mannual.? My car is manufactured inr Feb 11.

How much the AC replacement cost you ?

Rest:agree: with you AFA stupidity of the SA s, dumbness of the CRM , wholesome foolishness the managers , the laziness of the PDI men, and deafness of the dealership(I am gonna arrange a earwax cleaning camp for 'em )lack of knowledge on the part of the engineers.

BTW , where are the :kewlpics:?

Thread Starter #13
@Tornado: its 185/60 only OE tyre I swaped it to Bridgestone Potenza 195/60 R15

If TML had given reliable suspension setup we can go for 195/55R16 but this OE suspension is not capable

Thread Starter #14
Hi people the suspension is still not having a solution from TML so gonna get OE parts and repair suspension with my company mechanic itself.
The Rattling noises are still present and they are not able to solve at all
Meanwhile, within 1Yr itself the vehicle is getting corrosion

Thread Starter #15
corrosion (1).jpg
corrosion (2).jpg
corrosion (3).jpg
corrosion (4).jpg
corrosion (5).jpg
corrosion (6).jpg

Guys who have Manza and VIsta 2011,2012 and 2013 model please check your vehicles. If ur not aware of this TML and their Service assosiates are ready to cheat customers in this regard also

Top Bottom