New Chevrolet Spark Review...Velvet Red Dream!!

Thread Starter #1
HI TAI,

Its long way back in winter of 2009 when we friends sitting at katta some one knock that me must buy 4 wheeler now. that time i was new to drive any 4 wheeler even never sit on driver seat [surprise] and they are forcing me to buy vehicle.

and we smoke off and everybody kick their bikes and we went to a pre-owned car shop. saw a M800 1997 model test drive taken by 2-3 guys showing me how easy to drive. ok i said. we taken immediate delivery for 60k..it was daserra so all we went my home and give surprise to my sister and mom. everybody shoked since their is no idea to them. we done puja etc.

days passes i learn drive slowly. years pass i was driving much better, several trips to shirdi to nasik-saputara. regular serving of M800 costs me another 60k in next 3 years. now i am very fond off driving but my M800 which is turned 15yrs old NOW. not responding. very much. its very hard time to say good bye to Classic oldie M800.

she witness my driving. our joy to saputara in rain. long lovely drives with my GF. So in winter of 2012 i starts search new car.

New car or again pre owned car. after lots of discussion and family advice decided to buy new car. again diesel or petrol. since my budget was under/nearer 4 lacks, diesel car out. small hatchback family car list come - wagaon R , Estilo, Alto K10, Brio ( if ok ready to stretch pocket), i10, Eon.

me and my wife along with 1.5 yrs old Sanpreet started to visits show rooms.
One day while returning from garden we visited Chevrolet show room taken quote of beat and spark.. it was my first visit to any showroom to buy car.(who know first visit first look of her. spark will come home. hahaha![embarass])

Service guy given us good information and well trated us even it was 7 pm. new spark was not in show room that time but we liked spark LT version we come out but friends advised to look at maruti and so were there 3 showroom of maruti. we taken test drive of wagon R estilo K10. diwali is nearer so lots of offer r on Maruti. old car valuation was around 10-15k.

quit confused which to buy. so cutoff starts. Wagon r boxy look. even all other aspects are good. Estilo.. Interioer not good desired color not avaliable. sterring control at corner turn i found not so good rear seats crampy (as per wife :)).

EON: city car and on highway. [frustration]

I-10: good in all my friends who owned it says FE less.

again list and cut list for LPG optional car Wagon R aleady out.

I10 and spark remained. One day Chvey called me and asked to take test drive of new 2012 Spark. we like car very much good interior. good shap for city drive. clam cabin breaks good.

i read that spark has sequential type LPG and not with i10 also not attarctive offer from i10. So decided to buy 2012 Spark. 2 visits done to showroom we decied velvet color. We quoted LS-LPG version around 4.15 less some disscount (see http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...38-tai-members-new-car-bike-directory-14.html)
Service gus not given discount and freebies what he promised. anyway i am not mood to go more on it and on Diwali dasera she comes home!!

we done puja and good muhurat i spark my new spark. it was very enlightened movement to us we thanks god and elders.

and roll down from showroom

first look!

DSC03663.jpg

Dear TAI pl bear time with me as ownership review will take more time for me.
Today i taken 20-25 photographs and uploading them with caption.
Since i am not expert on cars knowledge so it will not so technical review.
By now my chevey is 2500 Kms ODD st servicing done.

so after taking home again puja done. Showroom guy said fuel for 50KMS is there so i filled petrol of 2000/- and LPG for 1000/-. We taken vehicle to mandir ..while driving i enjoyed very much as i first time driving new car.
Cabin is very clam that 2-3 times i re cranked engine as i though engine is off

AC is very fine with LPG also.
I lke suspension also very comfortable

everybody looking to my velvet red chevy when we are on way to temple...
till fist servicing no issue with car FE counted 16 on LPG on petrol not counted.
1st servicing is actually reassurance type. S.Engr asked teflon coating i said no but he adviced to paint protection on car which costs 1600/- .

Accesries of my car. at showroom

Reverse camera 8500/- buying this only he fitted my old music system to car
Value pack of 8600/- which incudes mats, boot mat,parcel tray,LH mirror, sill plate,body cover dash board sticker,side gaurd .

velvet red!

DSC03967.jpg

front view

DSC03966.jpg

new grill design in 2012 face lift. Chrome grill for LT version not for mine LS.

Searching chrome grill in aftermarket.

Here is rear view.

DSC03952.jpg

Since its LPG version Boot space is less .
see how spare wheel placed. Very difficult to remove and replace.

DSC03950.jpg

lets come in my car !!

wooden dash board sticker and AC controls

DSC03970.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

rear view camera show room fitted 8500/-. after buying this only showroom man ready to re install my old music system to new car. May costly as compared to out side but stick to fit in showroom due to warranty issue also fitted GM security system for 3200/-
Display board u can use useb, memory card slot can play music there car speaker..i taken sony 2 rear and 2 front. avi videos can be played .Bluetooth connectivity to mobile enables handsfree and you can talk while driving thr car speaker(it is not recommended to reader !)

DSC03997.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

rear view camera display is placed on the mirror by clamps

door sill/seal plates fitted at showroom 1200/-
must bye as rear door opening is not so wide.

DSC04001.jpg

view from rear seat
view from Rh side

Fire extinguisher under co-driver seat factory provided since its LPG!

DSC03990.jpg

lh side view

DSC03984.jpg

lets pray. time never come to use it

DSC03968.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: NEW 2012 SPARK...Velvet Dream!!

Congrats sanju ,

Does your spark comes with 3 years free maintainence package ? Enjoy the ar to the fullest . I own a spark myself for 3 and a half years and the journey has been nice so far .

Sanju, congtratulations on your new sparkling red chevy, cute is the first word for this car.Wish you many happy miles with it.Do share the cost breakup of the vehicle along with offers/freebies you were offered from the dealer along with initial driving impressions.
Did you opted for the maintenance package or was it included in the offer do share.

dear raja and vijay
the maintenance package not taken (15K cost/-) but dealer said 3 yrs warrenty on every vechile .
VIJAY HERE IS BREAKUP http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...38-tai-members-new-car-bike-directory-14.html

@Sanju

Congrats man !! your Spark looks really good in that Red color man and 2012 model is good. Good decision at the end. What is velvet color you were talking about in your review and thread title ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanju, i dont own a chevy but most my friends who owned and still do have always brought that maintenance package as its worth the amount spend,many repairs,jobs done in my friends spark and aveo with the bill amount of 0/- with this package, and if we calculate the work done so far its double then what he paid for the package,not saying your car would need it but its worth the penny.Raja owns one too,better the owner speaks of this.
One more thing why you opted for Lpg variant and why not Cng?

Thread Starter #6
@Sanju

Congrats man !! your Spark looks really good in that Red color man and 2012 model is good. Good decision at the end. What is velvet color you were talking about in your review and thread title ??
i forgot write Velvet Red. Title changed.

Sanju, i dont own a chevy but most my friends who owned and still do have always brought that maintenance package as its worth the amount spend,many repairs,jobs done in my friends spark and aveo with the bill amount of 0/- with this package, and if we calculate the work done so far its double then what he paid for the package,not saying your car would need it but its worth the penny.Raja owns one too,better the owner speaks of this.
One more thing why you opted for Lpg variant and why not Cng?
Vijay in nasik CNG not avaliable..and i think Spark may not be in CNG varient.
Opted Lpg as alternative fuel..costwise

Mods pl tell me how to edit title of of this Review..i writen Velvet instead of Velvet RED

Last edited by a moderator:

Well written !

Congrats on your purchase, velvet red looks great, my favorite color after blue

Have you planned for any mods ?

Thread Starter #9
Hey that is a real wonderful interior buddy and dash too, is that OVRM is equipped with reverse camera, was it a company fitted ??
here is rear sitting
no head rest it may discomfort for tall passenger.[surprise]

Rear door : no trim fabric available in top version.But good arm rest with coin pocket.
handle for rear seat.

DSC03953.jpg

DSC03985.jpg

another view of rear seat good room even its look small car from outside.this i like very much.Quit good for avg ht persons.Me is 5f eet 6 inch

DSC04000.jpg

here are front doors
Good space for storage with water bottle pocket on both doors.
you can see good positioned Remote lid opener and boot opener.
Again coin pocket .so over all very good storage space given

DSC03981.jpg

DSC03982.jpg

can storage below center console
with one deep pocket. good for car perfume storage in summer away from direct sunlight.with 12V DC socket.
next is center console.Space is for 2din but i am using single one and empty can be used to keep remote of LCD screen.

DSC03971.jpg

can storage below center console

DSC03993.jpg

Thread Starter #10
clutch,break, accelerator view

DSC03972.jpg

wile driving many times center console fouls with left knee.earlier it is disturbing me .Bit now as like sethu sir i am taking advantage of it.

below is glove box with another shelf for stuff

DSC03998.jpg

DSC03974.jpg

view from rear seat.
Cabin light is very poor.
Need some mod of that. But to do or not to do as vehicle is 3 month old if electrical tampered warranty issue.Senior pl advice on this

DSC03949.jpg

good place for sun-glass placement behind steering but i have to careful trap hand in steering wheel[surprise]

DSC03980.jpg

Thread Starter #12
don't know why only one terminal has protective cap?

DSC03958.jpg

more snaps of under hood.
If engine coolant (yellow cap in picture) goes below min level should i top up with distilles water or which type coolant to be used.?

DSC03961.jpg

few close snaps

DSC03962.jpg

Thread Starter #13
DSC03963.jpg

is it steering oil or else?

DSC03960.jpg

overall look under hood
small but not well placed. Getting more time to cleaning.
Seniors please advice on under hood cleaning by water spray. If water went into air filter (in big inlet as in picture what will happen?)

DSC03965.jpg

Thread Starter #14
i always carry Jopasu with my car !
thanks TAI for giving idea of it.[:)]

New Spark face lift 2012 has winged shaped console
It has trip/odd meter voltage ,Rpm also. It may shown in sethu's review

DSC03975.jpg

Thread Starter #15
Dear TAI members here i am completing my Review. I know i don't write more .I prefer to stick rule "take more pictures as you can".
I will Happy to answer yours post-review queries.

Thanks for giving your valuable time for this review

Sanju

DSC03956.jpg

DSC03989.jpg

Top Bottom