Hi guys, Maruti Suzuki Alto LX
Clocked 17000km till date
Colour- Superior White
Heres My Maruti Alto review, Got it in late 2007. The car was basically bought for giving driving lessons to my mom and sister who had completed their driving classes then. Both werent comfortable with City hence these reason made cute alto enter into our lives.
I would like to be precise so that you guys dont get bored reading the long witeup. Interiors
- Mix of all grey and some black around the ac vents. Not worth appreciation. Actually i have been looking around in the markets for some interior mods but failed in my attempts. Fuel efficiency
- This is the thing which never lets me down. Even if i drive it rash i still get 15kmpl out of it.
The maximum FE achieved by me is 23kmpl with AC on. Customer Service
- I never had any issues with dealers service. Actually its really good. Exterior Looks
- Its not gorgeous but to me it looks really cute. Inpresent state with some exterior mods which i have done, i am in love with the exteriois Performance
- You cant expect much from an 800cc but still the engine could have been much refined. Gearshifts are also just ok, niether smooth nor hard. Intial pick up is too low. With ac on you have to work really hard to be ahead on highways. Actually AC switch sometimes works as a NITRO
switch during overtakes. The moment you switch the AC off (read NITRO on), you instantly feel the power coming to your feet. I have done the highest of 140kmph which was quite scary.
Mine is LX so no power steering on my car. Not a problem for me, but its really a good option if you are going for Alto. Things I admire
Spares n accessories easily market.
5 dealerships im my city Troubles faced
No major ones yet. Last month changed the front bushing. Accessories Installed
Sony Xplod Music System - 4 speakers
Wheel Caps(changed 4 times, right now using the Swift type)
Wing type(like) spoiler with brake lamps
Internally Adjustable Mirrors
Nippon Security System
Tapping on Pillars
Most important Lord Ganesha idol on dash.
Roof rails (low one, chrome lipped), kind of the one seen on the Beat.
Interior mods(dont know what to do Suggestions are invited
Overall a nice city car. Great car for rookie drivers. I love driving
this cute baby in crowded area.