Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Nearing 40k Kms

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Maruti Suzuki Alto LX
Clocked 17000km till date
Colour- Superior White

Heres My Maruti Alto review, Got it in late 2007. The car was basically bought for giving driving lessons to my mom and sister who had completed their driving classes then. Both werent comfortable with City hence these reason made cute alto enter into our lives.
I would like to be precise so that you guys dont get bored reading the long witeup.

Interiors- Mix of all grey and some black around the ac vents. Not worth appreciation. Actually i have been looking around in the markets for some interior mods but failed in my attempts.

Fuel efficiency- This is the thing which never lets me down. Even if i drive it rash i still get 15kmpl out of it.
The maximum FE achieved by me is 23kmpl with AC on.

Customer Service - I never had any issues with dealers service. Actually its really good.

Exterior Looks - Its not gorgeous but to me it looks really cute. Inpresent state with some exterior mods which i have done, i am in love with the exteriois

Performance - You cant expect much from an 800cc but still the engine could have been much refined. Gearshifts are also just ok, niether smooth nor hard. Intial pick up is too low. With ac on you have to work really hard to be ahead on highways. Actually AC switch sometimes works as a NITRO:lol!: switch during overtakes. The moment you switch the AC off (read NITRO on), you instantly feel the power coming to your feet. I have done the highest of 140kmph which was quite scary.
Mine is LX so no power steering on my car. Not a problem for me, but its really a good option if you are going for Alto.

Things I admire

Spares n accessories easily market.
Effective Airconditioning.
Great A.S.S.
5 dealerships im my city

Troubles faced-
No major ones yet. Last month changed the front bushing.

Accessories Installed -
Sony Xplod Music System - 4 speakers
Parcel Tray
Seat Covers
Wheel Caps(changed 4 times, right now using the Swift type)
Fog Lamps
Wing type(like) spoiler with brake lamps
Bumper Painitng
Internally Adjustable Mirrors
Nippon Security System
Auto Clock
Black(Gloss) Taping
Tapping on Pillars
Most important Lord Ganesha idol on dash.

Accessories Planned-
Roof rails (low one, chrome lipped), kind of the one seen on the Beat.
Interior mods(dont know what to do Suggestions are invited)

Overall a nice city car. Great car for rookie drivers. I love driving [drive]this cute baby in crowded area.

Attachments

Last edited:
Even i have (my parents) Alto, and this is really a nice small multipurpose car. Thats why it is still the top seller in our country.

Nice report, and the rear spoiler actually looks cool.
Hey, just one crazy request from my side. The Ganesha.
Someone I know works in a hospital, and he was telling me about this case he saw, when in a small accident, the co-passenger was thrown on the Instrument Panel (no seat belts used, I guess) and the idol on the dash went into the eyeball.
Just thought I should let you know.
A safe place for it may be in front of the instrument cluster (if it is a small one) because the steering wheel is between you and the idol.
My two bits.

"Overall a nice city car. Great car for rookie drivers. I love driving this cute baby in crowded area."
akash this is what i like about the alto the most. i just enjoy with the steering. i like to rotate the steering as much as possible. since mine too is a non-ps alto, i'll have to rotate the steering more which i love to do. i do the same thing which were shown in the earlier ads of alto where a blue one gets stuck in a jam and the driver goes like a snake in between lorries etc. i just love that ad.

Thread Starter #5
@Aditya- Thanks for being concerned. Mine are placed the centre of the dash near the ac vents meant for windshields. I hope the position is clear. I will upload some more pics soon(interior).
Anyways thanks for compliment for spoiler. I got those since i wanted my car to look sportier and different from others. I am addicted to spoiler. Almost every car which my dad has owned till date, i have got spoilers installed on it.

@RSM-Its a nice city car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
@sriharsha- I love the car for the same reason. BTW no comments on looks of my baby[cry]

@Aditya- Thanks for being concerned. Mine are placed the centre of the dash near the ac vents meant for windshields. I hope the position is clear. I will upload some more pics soon(interior).
Anyways thanks for compliment for spoiler. I got those since i wanted my car to look sportier and different from others. I am addicted to spoiler. Almost every car which my dad has owned till date, i have got spoilers installed on it.

@RSM-Its a nice city car.
Well, as long as it is safe!!
And hey, me too love the Alto ... Had three (still have one!!) in Red, Yellow and then White (I was running out of colours I liked!!) ... 68K in the first, 83K in the second, and 36K in the third!!
Peppy li'l bugger!!

@Aditya- You look to a big Alto fan.
[:D]
Well, three in a row was dictated to more by the fact that that they were company cars!!
But retaining one now for my wife, who otherwise has a driver for her Innova.
She finds it real comfortable to drive.

Thread Starter #11
Ok.otherwise too its a nice car to drive. The only reason of my dislike is the safety.

Well, it meets Indian safety standards, and was exported some time back to Europe too, though I suspect with higher safety features!!

Thread Starter #13
They would have surely raised the safety standards for that exported version.

Hey Akash finally you have posted your ownership report of your Alto!! Your car looks great and the painting of the bumpers go well with your car. The spoiler also looks sporty! How much did it cost?

BTW how much do you spend on the general maintenance of the car like oil change etc??

Top Bottom