1.5 years / 32,000 KMS UPDATES!!!
Completed 4 th service 2 weeks back. Some special points i wanted to share on owning nano...
1. Low Ownership Pinch on maintenance.
- Paid 100 for 1st service.
- Paid 2200 for 2nd and 3rd service AMC which takes care of 10K and 20K Service requirements.
- Paid 4000 for 4th and 5th service AMC which takes care of 30K and 40K service.
30K Service done recently. ODO as on date has 32,000 Plus. That's an average of 60 KMS per day of my ownership. Wow i think thats too much to handle for the tiny car
2. Additions made to the car.
- MINDA Remote lock @ Rs 3400 (including installation / 3 years warranty). Had some issues with the door close sensors initially, MINDA provides good service support. Issue was sorted out, service was good here in chennai.
- Sun Film - Rs 1400
- Horn (Skoda sound) - Rs 900
3. Car care Products
- Meguiars Wax polish. I Love cars to see them in showroom condition, Waxing will be done at least once in a month. My recent product is Meguiars yellow wax polish, great product the shine last for a longer time. But my all time favorite car was polish DUPON 3000 S - Its a professional high gloss wax polish, sadly its now discontinued.
- Formula 1 Tyre shine, i also use it on tyres / Bumpers and interiors.
- Colin - For glass and interior roof cleaning
- A tin of silver spray paint ( The cars underbody door line some how got damaged, My guess is it should have happened when the cars was put in the ramps while servicing, The panel were started to showing rust - I sprayed the paint my self after scrapping of the rust :)
Evaluation of the car :
1. Engine :
- Good when driven with 2 people inside. The car will struggle to overtake when you try to do the same when fully loaded with 5 peoples and and AC with full blow! You have to plan overtakes carefully when not driving on a golden quadrilateral roads.
- Big plus is mileage. You all are aware that we can attain 30 easily on highways (when driven at 70 w/o AC). With AC the figure will drop by 3 KMS.
- I guess the tiny engine can run upto 1,00,000 before a rebore. (like to here more from users who have crossed 50K in Nano)
2. Drive comfort:
- Getting in and out is class leading, infact i would rate as the best car of all time for the comfort it provides. My granny prefers Nano to any other cars as for as this area is concerned.
- Suspension is bit stiff, you have its own Pros and Cons.
Pros : Great cornering ability, I used to drive lot on the Chennai Banglore highways, I would just zip lanes at 80+ speeds the car handles great on highways.
The con is - If you drive on bad patch of roads , your body will start aching when you reach your destination.
3. Paint Job:
- Good for the short term say upto 5 years. There are various rust spots which will popup in the inside areas of the car.
- Though the exteriors donot have this issue.
- But for 2 Lakhs car the paint job is excellent (I Have seen 3+ Years Boleros having mighty rust in roof lines and doors - But who cares for a rust spot in bolero, Its a RUFF and TUFF machine it would look good even with a rust spot :) :))
MRF : Go for it only if you expect a higher tyre life. My tyre ribs looks very good even after 30 K. It would easily last for an other 30 K minimum.
But after 30K there is an increase in tyre noise, which are quite common with MRF. But i hate it..
OVERALL Experience and Views on NANO:
1. Exceeds the expected performance from a budget car.
2. India is experiencing an upshift trend in the car ownership arena. Cars are still status symbols in india. As for as nano ownership is concerned most of the buyers were not from first time car buyers (Which shows the reason for low sales).
Some Niggling issues i faced :
- Seat Co passanger - Some joint got broken, the seat front and reverse movement is jammed. The service center guys dont know how to put it back (Its Better i will not to share the service center details :)). They wanted the car for 2 days to sort out the issue (In two days you can actually rebuild a whole engine). The issue even after complaining during my 30K service, was not sorted out . They dont even provide a convincing reply as why what got broken! it was returned the same way back!!
- Concord Chennai is the only best place for you to service tata cars. Other dealers are not up to standard, I feel really irritated with the service advisers who basically just have a blank brain towards cars. (I was really laughing when a service adviser told me he would rotate front left tyre to rear while doing wheel alignment, So Dumb on him
- Minda Remote locks : pops out one or other minor issues (Though the dealer gives you good service free for 3 years)
- Factory horn is crap. A must change over advised.
- Front left high beam was not working, Strangely it was working when checked in the service center during 30 K service
OVERALL - NANO WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR TRANSPORTATION NEEDS FROM POINT X TO POINT Y.
Good car when you are running on a budget mode :)