My H Comes Home. And Its Tilted - The New i10.

Thread Starter #1
Finally after the wait of 14 months, soo many ups and downs, roller coster rides in choosing the vehicle to suit the needs, many a times decisions went down on purchase, kept on hold, cancelled finally got hold on my new ride, my very own H with a tilt, carbon grey hyundai i10,Irde2, magna 1.1L home.

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

The Process

It all started some 14 months back on november 2011, as family decided its time to include one more car with us along with our long and trusted tata indica dls which was serving us superbly for last 7 years.With kids growing up there was always the need for second car at home and with only indica serving us, the decision was made to look out for another car.Opened a thread for the same on 12th november asking for the right suggestions for a family mover, here it is
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...vice-new-family-mover-booked-hyundai-i10.html

As the choices were made, with a hatchback already serving us,we all felt that a bigger UV vehicle should be thought about as would be comfortable on longer drives with 4 adults and 2 kids travelling with occassional guests dropping in too, and during the process saw Maruti Ertiga launched, which clicked perfectly all the requirements for indian family, perfect sized not too big nor to small with additional third row space available with top of the line diesel variant below 10L.

Along with the Ertiga, we also thought about Honda Jazz, right small big car, superb honda vtec engine, space utilised superbly with honda's quality inside out.We were not in a hurry and were looking to buy it in 2012 year with some new launches lined up and refreshed variants coming out too but then destiny had some other plans.

Some months went by looking for which sized vehicle to buy, what budget to choose and select, our old trusted indica was serving us pretty well with small niggles here there, apart from nothing major that ever came up, so it was never into rushed thing to buy another car at home.Dad wanted to let go that financial year and buy new car after 1st april so till then i was into every single car that i wanted to buy ever looking into, TAI, online stuffs thats available to go thru, ownership threads, ranging from a WagonR to Toyota Innova, seems funny at times of such a vast range of vehicles we were thinking to opt for without the decision of budget [lol].But that actually was the situation for few months back home, where every weekend discussions over a cup of tea would end up which car we should actually buy, also thinking shall we keep indica along or sell it off and buy another hatchback, something like jazz which was ticking all the boxes pretty well.

Sad demise of my father

Come april and decision of buying new car was keeping posponing and in between my father was not keeping well with his health, was a diabitic and a heart patient, though had lived a healthy life thru out but april end it all started downwards with his health and with three hospitalisations in the month of July,2012 he passed away on 24th of that month with two cardiac stroked on that day, may god rest him in peace and his blessings with us always.
With the acceptibility of what life is, we move on in our lives with the warmth of my fathers memories in our heart.
Come pass few months as we all settle back in our routines and life, during the month of diwali, there were minor niggles from my indica, but with 8 years of ownership it was expected it would crop up but during the last service of my car, there was issue up with the suspention part, pump needed tobe overhauled, many rattles coming from front, rear, dash, remember it was the original NA 1.4L diesel engine from tata.So again everyone including wife, mom and me thought of getting a new car as this was getting old, secondly more maintenance once you start opening engine and parts and third wont fetch resell even after you spend on maintaining it,so after all the ups and down it finally got decided to buy a new car, selling off my current indica and with the budget of 4L OTR for a new hatchback for the family.

After the month of diwali and vacations over, it was time to get into market and to look out for which cars to choose from within our budget frame, which would serve us the way our indica did these long years.

WagonR

The blue eye boy, this car has been on roads since ages and still loved by indian family for its higher seating position,good height, maruti trusted brand, good smooth silent engine which improved in its all generations, glassy all around makes it feel airy within.Went with wifey and kids to have a look and the first thing my kids and wife said was, we arent buying this box, kids no papa it looks like a biiiiiig box, no offence to any waggie owners,but still went inside, had a look at its Vxi trim, chocolate shade, it looked nice, everything inbuilt with indash music system, rear wipers, fog lamps, get inside and you feel its a tall boy, much head room then its actually needed, for my frame of 6'1" it still was taller.Interiors were better then the old gen wagonR but overall didnt liked it,rear seats are comfortable with more room in leg space available,still it didnt clicked us.
Lxi was 4.4L on road, Vxi- 4.7L and Lxi cng was 5.03L with discount of 30k flat on either of the variants.

Chevy Beat

Went along with wifey when kids were at school, thought to inquire about its diesel variant if its within the reach with few more grands to add to, but it was above 6L,didnt appealed overall to either of us with rear seats were way to crapmed to have it, dash board is on the higher side, wife was uncomfortable with the seating and dash positions, also with me on driving position, rear seats were too much of cramped for even her to feel comfortable to sit, so it was rejected then and there.

Hyundai i10

As some friends and cousins already own this car, i was familier with it, still wanted to have a look with new fresh interiors compared to older beige ones they all have,reached the showroom with kids and wifey, and looked at the kappa2 that was displayed inside the showroom, fit finish was better compared to chevy and maruti, looked pretty good too as overall car, clear lamps, nice small digital meter along with analoug, chocolate cream interiors looked better then my old indica's grey ones,gear knob placed on dash felt easy to operate and adds up more space near front seats and hand brake, wifey go confused first why is it placed up there rather then the usual place..lol.Got the TD vehicle out and went for a spin, cabin was silent, space nothing great in front or rear compared to limo we felt in our indica to all these vehicles[lol], still overall we liked this car, feels upmarket with fit and finish,also out of the all three showrooms hyundai was more prompt to reply response, welcoming, the time SE took to greet us and details regarding our query everything was the best till now for this car.

We also looked at used market search for a good car available, i10,i20,swift,dzire if we could fetch but nothing in particular was available and the ones that were, owners,dealers were asking much higher price, so finally gave up the idea of preowned car to look at and to decide within our budget the car that clicked.

Went on to read ownership reviews of the shortlisted cars, services, niggles everything that i could gather and finally it was shortlisted on hyundai i10 it would be, suits our needs perfectly, looks,feels, drive perfectly that we would want to, as monthly drive isnt going to be more then 500 to 600 kms max,diesel prices already going up, so it was right decision and then december month, maximum deals and offers you would fetch on your new car purchase, and we leep our cars for atleast 5 to 7 years so resale value was not going to concern us taking it be december or jan or feb vehicle, it doesnt affect much on the longer period of time for your resale.

Started to call every dealers and enquiry about the deals and offers they have during this month of december, what shade available and variant as well, we were okay with both the variants in Irde2 engine, Era or Magna.Magna was shooting up our budget with some more grands so Era we wanted to go for in the first place.

Finally with much negoations and discounts push up, Planet Hyundai SE Miss Reshma was very corteous to visit me a couple of times at my factory with her deals and offers and gave me the best deal available in Ahmedabad with any dealer, and then when was about to confirm the booking and shade selection came the shocker from her,sir only black is available in Era or Magna, grey in Kappa2[frustration].

Opened thread again over here for the shade confusion as never owned a black shade before and somehow families are always skeptical taking black and have never liked this shade on the longer run, it gets very dull with lots of swrils and scratches and so it was not a heart decision but still felt if some more negotiations we might take a chance with black.Asked for one day time to decide and keep it on hold, next day got a call from the lady herself that black is sold out on magna only era left or kappa2 to go for, more of the banging head as it was going above the budget and this then ends up spending more and more and we wanted to stick to the budget, also black somehow was not clicking to us, so thought to let got the offers this month and maybe lesser discount but the colour of our choice, we should like what we own.

Tried another dealer, and by chance one dealer was having 1 piece of carbon grey and 1 in white available, but if advance paid today for booking as it was 31st december, till i called him back to confirm the deal with offers and negotiations going on with him, white was gone, so confirmed grey with him, with 2k he was asking more then the Planet hyundai.So the SE from Sharma Hyundai Mr.Dharmesh Joshi, came to my factory and picked up the booking amount of 51K for i10 Irde2 Magna variant.

While the booking was made with Sharma Hyundai, i was in talk with their Advantage showroom for my buyback of indica dls as well, as had already checked at the used car market the valuations for my car possible, remember it was 8 years old indica NA engine, though superbly maintained, without much niggles still got to knew that indica has very low resale market mainly for its cab image and its Tata[frustration],but for me it had served me superbly for these years without a single breakdown ever, no major complain else then some niggles and some ASS part being left out for, My indica was registered in my fathers name, confirmed this with their used showroom too,used market valuations was maximum of 85k i got for my indica, and they gave me a offer with exchange bonus of 1.15L max, which was a good deal for me compared to used market, so confirmed my exchange with them, asked them to let me keep the car for 31st night, and SE oblidged and allowed me to have it one more night and hand over the car and all the documents the next day.

My truely serving indica

1_car.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My H comes home, its tilted.

May your father's soul rest in peace.

Its true that if someone of your family splits, the void caused is difficult to overcome, but life carries on.

The choice of color is excellent. Though it actually does not makes any sense to ask now as car has already been purchased, but still curious to know why you didn't opted for Kappa2 engine over IRDE2? I believe the price difference is around 30-40 thousands which is not too much as you have history of keeping vehicles for quite long time.

congrats on your purchase, Thou would like to add a new facelift i10 is around the corner.
looking forward to more pictures and the price :)

Thread Starter #5

May your father's soul rest in peace.

Its true that if someone of your family splits, the void caused is difficult to overcome, but life carries on.

The choice of color is excellent. Though it actually does not makes any sense to ask now as car has already been purchased, but still curious to know why you didn't opted for Kappa2 engine over IRDE2? I believe the price difference is around 30-40 thousands which is not too much as you have history of keeping vehicles for quite long time.
thankyou for your wishes and your prayers.Well couple of things were considered, one yes price was the factor as we already were going above our budget for this variant itself, secondly kappa2 yes its a new gen engine, but it delivers very less FE whch is from many owners in my circle, its expensive to maintain compared to this engine,so it was choosed to go for this engine and this variant.

Thread Starter #6
FINAL OTR PRICE,DELIVERY

With my indica exchanged with the hyundai itself, my payment was deposited in my new cars payment and purchase note was duly given to me with the note of payment transferred on my new i10.This was all done in pretty good time when i went to hand over myindica to them, with some good hot cup of tea's served.

My new car pricing and offers

Ex showroom: 431224 for metallic,3687/- less for white
handling : 5000
Insurance : Free
Rto & REg : 29275
0% dept ins: 3570
Total OTR: 469069/-

With offers i was offered 30k off on the final on road price, onto which after much negoations and yes and no, i finally took 39069/- as the cash discount with all accessories which were default along with, seat covers, full mattings, mud flaps, HRE security system, Kenwood Mp3 with front Aux in and USb with four door speakers, so final on road price i paid was 4.30L for my i.

With kamurta month going on, decided to take the delivery on 16th of Jan 2013, evening at 4pm as kids would be back from school and i can have my almost half day at office too, last two days seemed the longest ones to finish to end, that exitement to have the new ride on hands was the most frustration ones[frustration].

One thing i forgot to mention, with i did the booking for my i10, the very same day i asked for my Vin no and went to the stockyard to check out my car, went to their stockyard which is some 24kms off the highway from city, took out my car from their stock, checked inside out, all the details that needed to, with the help of our PDI stocklist thread,posted the stockyard pictures in my query thread too, it was 8kms on the odo, everything was perfect to give my SE green signal to go on for the registeration process.Thru the Decoding thread got to know my i was manufactured on 18th of December 2012, perfect it was.

Yes back to delivery, after two days of uttrayan went by with kites flying and kids enjoying full two days on terracce it was the D day.No matter how old you grow, that exitement, those goose bumps are seen on your face and i was no different with the face blushing like a kid to getting hold on to its new ride.[embarass]

Got a call from my SE who kept in touch with me during all these days about the update regarding registerations, delivery date, time schedule, called me up on 16th morning to state that delivery is scheduled opposite to showroom which is a drams theatre place with huge parking place as most deliveries were scheduled on that day,confirmed the address and timings and on we went to get our new car.[clap]

First pic is the first glance of my car parked under the tree near by one fluidic verna and one white i10 era. Along are my kids running across the car to get into it and play and start celebrating.

We were greeted by our SE who was waiting for us to turn for our delivery and we were there by 4.10pm as was decided, greeted us with the bunch of flowers, a box of sweets, all the documents, insurance paper, registeration paper, challans, owner's manuals with service pages,SE handed us the big hyundai key for the photo frame picture ceremony which was handed over to us in few mins with the picture nicely framed.
Service advisor came and made us familier with the car, electronics, stalks, remote,system, service intervals, speed limits for initial period,They gave us 5L of petrol along with with a box of sweets and photo frame to remember our first joyous moment.

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

Very sad to know about your father.[cry].may papa ji's soul rest in peace.

And a very good review of your car.the car and the color choice is good..ots looking cute yet full of power.
Good luck and ride safe.m too going today for the booking of my car which is also from the Hyundai family.fluidic Verna 1.6 sx crdi.hope I also get my ride soon bdw you have lots of fun and keep us updated.[:)]

Thread Starter #8

CONGRATULATIONS..for the ride [clap]
Thankyou for your wishes.

Congratulations she looks gorgeous ! liked your Thread name !
Thankyou mate, so did i..lol.

congrats on your purchase, Thou would like to add a new facelift i10 is around the corner.
looking forward to more pictures and the price :)
Thankyou for your wishes nitin, yes facelift would be launching with more pricier it would be then now, budget was constrain and this was the best available of the lot.

Very sad to know about your father.[cry].may papa ji's soul rest in peace.

And a very good review of your car.the car and the color choice is good..ots looking cute yet full of power.
Good luck and ride safe.m too going today for the booking of my car which is also from the Hyundai family.fluidic Verna 1.6 sx crdi.hope I also get my ride soon bdw you have lots of fun and keep us updated.[:)]
thankyou soo much for your wishes and prayers.Yes we all loved this shade looks superb, and already had owned a silver indica for 8 years and white M800 before that so a different shade and we it looks nice too.

Thread Starter #9
AFter taking the delivery, it was time to head straight to get the blessings from our nearby temple and to do the pooja of our new ride, so headed straight there, called up our panditji to do the pooja and he came out smiling as always he does with blessings for our new ride.

some more pictures of the ride getting all blessings from panditji and my lady and kids as he wanted lady to do that honour[:)]

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

This is how it stands at home parking,clicked today morning,will take interiors n initial driving impressions in coming days.

2013-01-17 10.26.13.jpg

Impressive review Vijay.Hats off to you for this review.My neighbor also owns I10 in same Color,but,it is Sportz Variant,which was bought in 2011 and done about 30K Km.

Rating 5 stars.

Thread Starter #12
Nicely lid console in blue and white lights

2013-01-17 21.26.32.jpg

Centre facia in silver finish with A/c control knobs and gear lever.

2013-01-17 21.26.53.jpg

Drivers side door panel.with power window controls,only driver's side windows switch lits up.

2013-01-17 21.27.06.jpg

Nice chromed door handles n lock switches on Magna n upper models.

2013-01-17 21.27.14.jpg

I had experienced those things in my cousin's I10 Asta Automatic 2011 in Blushing Red Color and my neighbor's vehicle.And,BTW,experienced Sun Roof in the I10 for the first time.Very useful feature.

Thread Starter #14
Chrome touch continued on blowers on extreme corners circling along,its not overly done & adds up to the looks of upmarket feel.Notice blowers cap.shuts off completely on two of right n left corners where centre blowers dont close fully.

2013-01-17 21.27.45.jpg

Front dash board in brown n beige combination,darker shade looks better then complete beige ones,helps in reflections on weindscreen too.

2013-01-17 21.28.34.jpg

Cup holders on the front side,gear knob on the dash so much space for storage available here.

2013-01-17 21.29.27.jpg

Small storage available under music system facia,with 12v charging socket for.front passenger n driver,u can also utilise it for a double din music player.

2013-01-17 21.29.43.jpg

Bottle holder with rectangular storage for mobiles to keep for rear passengers,notice another 12v charging socket given for rear passengers.

2013-01-17 21.29.56.jpg

Seat covers given as accessory package.from dealer,very light shade prone for dust and not so good quity but fitted very well.

2013-01-17 21.30.11.jpg

Chrome addition on their logo on steering wheel

2013-01-17 21.31.29.jpg

Rear seat with seat covers,doesnt.feel.too.cramped for.average people,even.i cud fit in.there with ease,where on waggie it was very upright seating position.at rear,this.obe is more inclined n relaxed position but leg room is lesser by 2 to 3 inches compared to wagonR.

2013-01-17 21.32.19.jpg

Doors open in two sets of swing,this one is in.first part half open.

2013-01-17 21.32.51.jpg

Second set which opens fully,pretty wide opening which makes it easy for elderly to ingress/out.

2013-01-17 21.33.03.jpg

Front door with magazine pockets n few bits it can carry,no bottle holder there.

2013-01-17 21.33.31.jpg

Rear door which is plain simple,no.pockets nor bottle holder for rear passengers.

2013-01-17 21.33.15.jpg

Rear reflectors on bumpers,looks nice n useful as well.

2013-01-17 21.34.39.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom