i10 Magna Ownership Review 16K (2.6 Years)

Thread Starter #1
To Start with I don't know how much of a help this Ownership Review would be but I had to put the pen down for a Review which I was planning for long.

Ok so lets start..

FlashBack to Year 2010: [evil]

In the Month of June I used to drive the great Santro ZipPlus which had done about 1.2Lakh Kms. So I was planning to get new wheels in exchange.

Now the question came which beast it should be, had few options in mind:

1) Maruti Ritz
2) I10
3) I20

To be frank from the very beginning I favoured the I10 don't know why..!!

Went for the TD's:

Ritz:

1) Hate the looks.
2) Good power.
3) Steering a little heavy.

And to my shock the clutch was pathetic including the shifting as every Maruti car has. So I asked the sales guy why the clutch was so hard and pathetic his reply was It is a TD car many people drive it so it gets hard.

This was not acceptable for me so I asked the guy if you want a customer to buy a car atleast give him a proper car to drive so the next day he got me another car which was better. I liked it.

Next came the I10:

1) Loved the looks.
2) Great Power for a hatchback.
3) Light Steering.
4) Smooth Shifting loved it.

I20 sorry no TD I had my car moreover I20 was a little heavy on my Pocket so decided against it.

Now the process started went to different dealers for quotations and discounts.

You guys must be thinking which one I went for haha It was I10 Man ohh too foolish of me you guys already know it from the Review title. No Rocket Science. [lol]

So I finalized with Sunrise Hyundai they were giving me some accessories and a good price for my Santro ZipPlus.

Sorry don't remember much but the

Discounts/Exchange:

ZipPlus went for 1.2lakhs including the exchange bonus.
Loyalty was about 15k.
Some accessories.(Gear Lock, Under body coating, Mudflaps, floor mats two perfume bottles and a Radha Krishan photo stand)

at Last I had to pay about 3.5lakh from my pocket.

I got My car on 23rd August 2010.

Coming to Present [clap]

I have driven it for 16K no problems at all touch wood. Some minor glitches though.

I still need to change my Dumper Kit which is free from the Hyundai. Not getting time for it. I would recommend all the old I10 owners if you guys find any noise from the steering while you turn your car get your Dumper Kit Checked or ask the service stations about it.

Let me see in these 2.6 years I have invested about 60-70k on by beast.. Don't get scared these are for mods and ICE etc. It might be too high but I just love my beast.

I Know guys its a little boring to read such a long review so let me add few pics..

20121231_132703.jpg

20121231_132806.jpg

20121231_133010.jpg

20121231_133107.jpg

20121231_132839.jpg

Will Attach Interior And ICE pics in the Next post.

Hoping that this review benefits you guys in some way or the other.

Last edited:
Re: I10 Magna Ownership Review 16K(2.6Years).

Dear Saubhagya,
Congratulations on the car..Its actually unbelievable that the car in the pic is 16k and 2.5 years old. Boy, how do you manage the inevitable scratches on the roads of Delhi. Please shell out some tips.

Thread Starter #3

Dear Saubhagya,
Congratulations on the car..Its actually unbelievable that the car in the pic is 16k and 2.5 years old. Boy, how do you manage the inevitable scratches on the roads of Delhi. Please shell out some tips.
Bro there's only One trick and one, let the mad guys pass you and wait for your chance to pass.. Be patient.. [lol]

BTW any passer by looking at my car can never guess that I am a patient driver and not the Zig Zagger one.. [lol]

Last edited:

Good one !!![:)]
What polish or cleansers do you use for regular cleanup and shine of your awesomely maintained car.

Thread Starter #5

Good one !!![:)]
What polish or cleansers do you use for regular cleanup and shine of your awesomely maintained car.
I use Euro Gold Super Products I bought it from a Gas Station. I don't know if its good or bad but it works for me.
It has set for four cleaners dashboards, windshield, stain removal and the fourth I don't remember.[;)]

Ah what a time to see a review on i10, congratulations on your niggle free ownership and the way you have maintained your ride, ill be owning mine manga i10 soon on wednesday evening by latest.Hows the service costs on regular intervals and anything specific to look out for this car, whats the FE you are getting on your vehicle do lemme knw about it.Mine is the iRDE2 Magna, heard many negatives for Kappa2 and also about it being costly to maintain as well as lesser FE and to own.Do pour in your inputs and also any last minute check for my ride before the delivery i need to look into.

Thread Starter #8

Ah what a time to see a review on i10, congratulations on your niggle free ownership and the way you have maintained your ride, ill be owning mine manga i10 soon on wednesday evening by latest.Hows the service costs on regular intervals and anything specific to look out for this car, whats the FE you are getting on your vehicle do lemme knw about it.Mine is the iRDE2 Magna, heard many negatives for Kappa2 and also about it being costly to maintain as well as lesser FE and to own.Do pour in your inputs and also any last minute check for my ride before the delivery i need to look into.
Thanks a ton Vijay. And many congrats to you too for your I10 [:)]

Now coming to your questions let me take them point wise

1) Service Cost is slightly on higher side but manageable. I get it serviced on specified Kms mentioned by the service station guys in between I check the oil levels every month.

2) Specific as I mentioned if you feel some noise while turning your steering you can ask about that as I came to know about this issue by a service station guy. Hyundai might have corrected it as well. Don't Know.

3) The Big Bad Question FE I drive 25Kms every day and get a Efficiency of 12kmpl without AC.

4) And for the Last minute check I would recommend you to take your PDI checklist as you might be already knowing. [;)]

Thanks a ton Vijay. And many congrats to you too for your I10 [:)]

Now coming to your questions let me take them point wise

1) Service Cost is slightly on higher side but manageable. I get it serviced on specified Kms mentioned by the service station guys in between I check the oil levels every month.
Higher means if you can highlight it more specifically would be helpful on which parts you think its higher compared to??
2) Specific as I mentioned if you feel some noise while turning your steering you can ask about that as I came to know about this issue by a service station guy. Hyundai might have corrected it as well. Don't Know.
Heard hyundai already worked on this before the facelift version came with brown dash, still would check it for sure.

3) The Big Bad Question FE I drive 25Kms every day and get a Efficiency of 12kmpl without AC.
Irde2 claims from owners have been mixed of 14kms on routine city driven conditions.

4) And for the Last minute check I would recommend you to take your PDI checklist as you might be already knowing. [;)]
Yes i have, already did the PDI checklist at their stockyard and decoded the VIN number as well.Here the link to my thread, would start my ownership thread after i get the delivery
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...vice-new-family-mover-booked-hyundai-i10.html

my queries in bold

Last edited:

Nice and crisp review mate, liked reading it. Hope you have many happy miles with your ride. Your rear bumper has quite a few scratches, how about a touch-up. Also,avoid the Euro Gold products, they have very short effective period and are of below par quality. Go for Maguirs or F1 they are much better. BTW, the roof looks awesome. [;)]

freakdude.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
nice write up mate [thumbsup] those decals looks good , not too flashy. and like himalayan above said , the only thing which is missing are alloys. other than that great mods done.

i liked the black pillars and would like to tell you that i too own an i10 magna [;)] here's my thread with some important updates. if you wish you can go through it.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7967-hyundai-trio-santro-i10-verna.html

i also have attached some bill copy so you can easily check the prices of the parts. and how much did you pay for those fog lamps ?

Thread Starter #14

I just now went through the service sheets of allhyundaicars and it seems I was bothering just like that. I pay around 4-5k on each service where as I drive about 600km a month. Which I was thinking to be on higher side but it seems ok..So sorry to bother you on the service cost. I would also ask you to visit allhyundaicars thread that would help you.

Thread Starter #15
nice write up mate [thumbsup] those decals looks good , not too flashy. and like himalayan above said , the only thing which is missing are alloys. other than that great mods done.

i liked the black pillars and would like to tell you that i too own an i10 magna [;)] here's my thread with some important updates. if you wish you can go through it.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7967-hyundai-trio-santro-i10-verna.html

i also have attached some bill copy so you can easily check the prices of the parts. and how much did you pay for those fog lamps ?
thanks allhyundaicars. I got the fogs for 900 bucks not to mention they were not from Hyundai. I have shop near by from where I get my stuffs and mods done.

Top Bottom