Originally Posted by srikantatunga
Congrats!!! This is my first post. I am also planning for POLO. But I am confused whether to go for petrol/diesel. My driving kms per month would be 600 Kms max. Kindly suggest.
Do simple maths
600 kms per month is roughly worth 1 tank full of 45 litres of petrol.
Cost per liter of Petrol is Rs. 72
So according to you monthly fuel cost will be Rs. 3240
600 kms per month is roughly worth 40 litres of diesel (Diesel cars have slightly better fuel efficiency.
Cost per liter of Diesel is Rs. 58
So total monthly cost will be Rs. 2320 Petrol Car
- Less maintenance
- Do not need to idle the engine for few minutes before drive.
- Engine more responsive.
- Initial on road cost is Rs. 1 lakh cheaper.
- Non TSI petrol engines have slightly lower Fuel Efficiency (FE or average)
- Petrol itself is expensive
- Petrol engine sometimes sounds like diesel.
- Lower costs of fuel
- Higher FE due to presence of Turbo
- Higher Torque compared to petrol. (Better for hill climb)
- Diesel prices are soon going to match petrol prices as govt. removes subsidy slowly.
- Rs. 1 lakh expensive to comparable petrol variant.
- Turbo lag till 1800 RPM
- Engine clatter is higher compared to petrol
In the end the prices kinda even out considering the higher diesel vehicle prices. Even if you take diesel, it will take 3-4 years to vasool
the extra vehicle price and that too you have to drive 30-40 kms everyday.