Originally Posted by Doc_Praveen
Hi Amey .Gr8 to hear that the forum helped you a lot and congratulation on your new purchase. Let me take your queries 1 by 1.
1. Keyless entry- I got it from Minda security worth 2000/-, its good and it does not void the warrenty when you get it instaled from the right person with its warrenty card. Also incase something goes wrong with the warrenty during the installation, Minda owes full resposibility od the warrenty loss. Personally Minda service is as good as its peers.You can go with that.
2. Reverse parking sensors- Hav'nt installed it but in grey market I saw it for 2k-4k depending upon the cameras and siren. What do you think about it?
3. Anti rust coating- Nah! You know theres aa anti rust spray available in the market which costs 400/- .It can be sprayed below the car at 1st servicing when the car is levelled upon . I have got good advice on this and so avoided this.
4. Floor lamination- Do you mean the illuminated lights? Please give an idea as to what is it?
5. Seat Covers- This was the best bargain I got. Original PU quality ( pics in the first page) worth 6500/- but really suits Brio. Go only for this one.
6. Rear Speakers- Thats 2500/- from pioneer and JPG. But believe me ,the quality of MS in EXMT is worth listening without the rear speakers. But that toatlly depends on you.
7. Parcel tray-1200/- from Honda and 400-500/- from outside. Outside one is not the fibre one so is heavy and can bear more weight but the H! is more sober looking. However if you want big woofers at the back outside parcel tray is the one to go with.
8. Wheel Caps- H! charges around 4k-6k for the caps along with its nuts!( thats nuts). Get it from outside for 600-800/- ,I f you visit some tyre shop, they can arrange an original one of the changed alloyes from some 1 else. Otherwise any 14" wheel cap will cost 500/- outside.
9. Door and bumper protectors- Hav'nt got this one yet.
10. Body Cover- No as heard it caused more scratches than it prevents. In outside market you can get a range from 300 to 4000/- depending on the quality. Go for the intermediate one if you wish to get 1.
Please let me know if you need something else. Happy driving.
Thanks a lot Praveen for your valuable suggestions. After my post i went through almost all the pages of your and some other threads (boy, it was worth the effort as it gave me a lot of information) and most of my doubts regarding zero dep insurance and VIN and pre delivery checks were clarified. As to my initial queries:
1. I think I will also go in with Minda as the accessories shop owner also recommended this one. He said they give a seperate harness depending on the manufacturer and hence no original wires are tampered with at all. Also there is tape security functionality in it as well.
2. I am not yet sure whether I want this one, but seems a handy one considering that I will be a novice in driving. The 4 sensors with mirror mounted LCD display would cost somewhere around 2.5k, with camera around 5K. However, fitting the sensors requires drilling holes in the bumper of the car and it would be too much to subject my car to this agony
. Again, there are many brands in this, popular ones being Cisbo and Autocop. The dealer recommends Cisbo
3. Will probably get it done from 3M which has opened near my house in Borivali. They are quoting 1500 for 2 yr warranty coating and 3000 for a 5 year warranty one. The shop is also offering to do the same for 1500 with a 5 year warranty, but need to check which brand he is going to use. But I think for the climatic conditions of Mumbai it is a must.
4. I do not have any pictures yet, but it is basically a thick sheet of plastic which covers the entire floor carpet of the car in front and back. This protects the original carpet from dirt and dust as well as any liquid spillages in the car or when the car is washed from inside. They do this lamination when the when seats are removed for putting on seat covers, cost around 1800 bucks.
5. Praveen, where can I get the covers you mentioned? Did you purchase it from the dealer?
6. Not thinking of it at the moment, will use the car for a month or 2 and get them fitted if i feel the need.
7. I will probably go for the outside one as it is wooden and hence sturdy, and if in future i need to fit the speakers at the back then will help (The dealer recommended fitting the speakers on the tray instead of the slots in the door as the sund effect will be better)
8. Will get this fitted from outside as you said.
9. Me too thinking about not getting it. The side protectors I feel spoil the beauty of the car
10. Will need a cover as mostly i will be using the car on weekends. Will look for the one with a very soft fabric.
Will post pics of the car as soon as it arrives. The excitement is increasing day by day now.