The Awesome Highway Mile Muncher - Ford Fiesta 1.5P Titanium

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Well, this is the first time I am ever writing a review so please excuse for any brevity and if I violate any guidelines.

So here goes; I would like to talk about our family's 2011 New Ford Fiesta 1.5P Titanium+.

We had our trusted Italian workhorse the 2003 Fiat Siena 1.6 EL PS, till last year when we had to unfortunately sell her due to unavailability of spares and even Fiat service centers would hesitate to confirm if we would ever get common parts like the rubber lining along the windows. So considering Bombay rains water used to soak in and there was mould and fungus on the inside. Overall a very very sad situation for a gem of a car, so the decision was finally made by mom and dad that we need a new car to replace our Siena. I was working in Chennai then so I could not actively take part in the whole experience of visiting the dealers and the exact pricing but was always consulted for my views.

The list of cars which we were seeing back then were as follows, I am also mentioning the reasons why we rejected them as well.

Fiat Linea : Loved the looks of the car, the handling heck we were even getting a sweet deal for diesel with loyalty bonus and exchange bonus. But after the problems we had faced from the lack of support for one model of Fiat we were scared. So rejected the Linea.

Volkswagen Vento : Personally I and mom had gone and checked the Vento we found it a little smaller than our Siena and were not impressed by the lack of features. So Vento was rejected for smaller size and lack of features.

Maruti SX4: Well in terms of size in comparison to the Vento we found the SX4 much larger. But dad did not like the shape and did not want a Maruti.

Hyundai Fluidic Verna: : I loved the way the new Verna looks and even mom and dad loved it. Especially the one in dark Purple color. But the Hyundai dealerships then told us "Sir sorry the wait time vary from 6-7 months, as the model is very popular."

Honda City: Rejected it cause one of Mom's friends had it and so Mom was like "NO CITY!!"

Only the Ford remained, well it was a coincidence while returning from the Hyundai dealership dad sees the Ford dealership on the way and he was like can we go and have a look. So mom and dad visit the Ford dealership and are impressed with the new Fiesta. Mom loves the mobile phone inspired dashboard and the voice command feature. Dad loved the way it looked and the seating comfort in the front and the long list of features and best of all only 1 month waiting for a model which was launched less than a week [clap].

So the Fiesta is booked!! and the wait begins. Within a month it was almost Diwali time we get a call, "Sir your Vehicle has arrived we would you be coming to pick it up". As we were out of town that week we told the dealer could you please keep it safely we would pick it up next week as we are travelling.

The following week due to Diwali I was in Mumbai and me and mom go to the dealer to pick the car. We wait and then she arrives the first looks at the vehicle and I was like WOW!! The sales people congratulate us give us the keys take a few photos and explain some features. When I sit inside I was very pleasantly surprised with the great way the vehicle has been designed as a drivers car. However some features of the car were very very new to me, such as I am used to having the door locking button or lever on the door and not on the dashboard!! Secondly the doors on the Fiesta never look from the inside but from the outside this was news to me so when we pick the car from the showroom and drive out I try to lock the doors but cant. So I turn back and ask "Ahh can I know how to lock the doors" [lol]. Then at the petrol pump I am searching for the fuel cap release lever near my leg but then realized soon that the central locking button controls the lock on the fuel cap release as well.
The car is so relaxing while cruising on the highway that dad at 56 drove it to Hyderabad from Bombay within the first few months almost a distance of 750 kms in 10 hours and even after reaching Hyderabad he wasn't very tired. I love the features provided in the car especially the ride and handling of the vehicle weather on highway or in the city. I find the car composed at high speeds and the car hugs the rounds and the steering feels great and precise. The suspension works great at smoothening the nastiest of the bumps on the road and the great sound system with Bluetooth streaming. I personally dont know which speakers Ford uses but they are great.
As always with all positives there are some negatives as well. For starters the petrol motor begs for more power on ghats as there is a lag so you have to shift down a few gears to overtake some one or even to keep pace. This is very irritating but it is something we have now got used to. Secondly since mom and sis mostly sit in the back seat we find the rear head rest mighty uncomfortable no matter what way we adjust them again we have removed them. Lastly Ford's expensive maintenance just the second free service with only oil changes and the service costs 8500!! [surprise]

Overall guys what I feel about this vehicle is put her on the highway and she is the happiest on the highway and is a strict drivers car with most of the features centered for the drivers comfort. The voice command thing is a great showing off feature but rarely used as it get you wrong 3/5 times.

Here are some photos of our vehicle.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ronz_2507 on a brilliant purchase. New Ford Fiesta is a gem of a car. Just not priced and marketed well by Ford India. If it would have been priced reasonably from Day 1 itself, i am sure the sales numbers would have been quite different. Anyways, lovely car with a great choice of color too. So how many kilometers have been clocked on the car so far? And what is the Fuel Efficiency both on highways and within city?

P.S. - Would love to see more pics of your beauty both from inside and out. Cheers!

Hi ronz, congrats for your new fiesta. I loved the way the dash looks. Wish you miles of happy and safe journey.please don't forget to keep updating this thread.

Revs

Suspended
Hello ronz.
The car looks gleaming in the pics! Heartiest congratulations for the
Fiesta. You got the gem of a car and not to forget, the Ford reliabilty.
And that was a comprehensive report which was nicely formatted and
plotted. Do share the price break-up of the second free service, which
costed you a whopping 8500 INR.

Happy driving. [:)]

Revs.

Hi ronz,

Congrats for your Fiesta[clap]

I Like Fiesta very much(expect the rear), It looks sporty & the Interiors are really classy.

Waiting for more Pics.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the compliments and yes I shall definitely put up more pictures soon.

@GM88 So far she has clocked about 10,000+kms in 12 months as seen in the photo and the fuel economy we get in bombay's traffic is about 12kmpl and on the highway the figure is at 15-16kmpl.

@Revs I shall tell you the break-up of the pocket busting service cost soon. The best I remember the majority of the money was for Engine Oil changing if I was not wrong.

@AppU I agree dude the overall design is so nice at the rear it looked as if the designers were in a hurry to finish off. Infact from the C pillar if the car is seen it looks a little disproportionate.

Revs

Suspended
Yes, Ronz. After the C-pillar, the car looks bit bulky. BTW, I feel when the car is viewed from side, the rear wheels look so small! I saw a Fiesta (blue color) and the rear wheels looked so tiny maybe because of the high positioned boot.

Thread Starter #8
Yes, Ronz. After the C-pillar, the car looks bit bulky. BTW, I feel when the car is viewed from side, the rear wheels look so small! I saw a Fiesta (blue color) and the rear wheels looked so tiny maybe because of the high positioned boot.
I completely agree with you Revs due to the raked up window line the rear wheels indeed look tiny. Also while backing due to the raised boot parking sensors or a reverse parking camera are a must! Infact while backing dad has already brushed the left rear bumper against a metal stock as the beeps of the stock parking sensors are too faint so we have now fit a reverse parking camera as well.

I mean when the other parts of the vehicle were so beautifully designed why did Ford mess up at the rear [confused].

Hi ronz_2507, Welcome aboard. This is one car which i really adore. Somehow, i find the rear of the new Fiesta truely fantastic. Actually i find the new Fiesta far more dashing than the Fluidic Verna.

BTW Post some more pics.

Revs

Suspended
I completely agree with you Revs due to the raked up window line the rear wheels indeed look tiny. Also while backing due to the raised boot parking sensors or a reverse parking camera are a must! Infact while backing dad has already brushed the left rear bumper against a metal stock as the beeps of the stock parking sensors are too faint so we have now fit a reverse parking camera as well.

I mean when the other parts of the vehicle were so beautifully designed why did Ford mess up at the rear [confused].
With backing, you mean reversing right? Yes, I too feel parking sensors to be useless. Either one shall get camera or just crane your head out! Sorry to hear your car got a scratch. Hope it is a minor one.
Yes, FORD engineers were sleeping while designing the rear of the car, I think. Same is the case with a BMW, I don't remember the model no. It has long headlamps and has a coupe-like body design. Sorry for the OT.

Thread Starter #11
Hey thanks Akash I especially like the line "Actually i find the new Fiesta far more dashing than the Fluidic Verna. " no offense to Verna owners. But I feel that the back some how isnt as flamboyant as the rest of the body. But then again its something you grow into.

@Revs thankfully its not a major dent but a nasty scrapping on the bumper nonetheless thats why i have not clicked that car from the other side. Plan to get it sorted in sometime hope the expenses this time wont cost a bombshell. Also yes I meant reversing when I typed backing, realized it only after you mentioned about it.

Hey thanks Akash I especially like the line "Actually i find the new Fiesta far more dashing than the Fluidic Verna. " no offense to Verna owners. But I feel that the back some how isnt as flamboyant as the rest of the body. But then again its something you grow into.
Call me a strange breed, but i love the tail of Fiesta[;)]. I am a fan of its Understated elegance.

Revs

Suspended
@Akash : Then you are truly a strange breed! :lol!: (Don't take serious)

@Ronz : Thank god that it is not major. Don't hesitate in posting pics, even when the car is scratched or whatsoever! We won't laugh at you! We will instead help you by guiding to remove the effect of scratch at home using some care products.

Can you post a pic like : You are sitting at the driver seat and how you see back while reversing by craning your neck back (from inside the car). I wanted to see a pic of what the driver can see behind while reversing. I hope you understood.

Revs

@Akash : Then you are truly a strange breed! :lol!: (Don't take serious)
[lol]

@Ronz : Thank god that it is not major. Don't hesitate in posting pics, even when the car is scratched or whatsoever! We won't laugh at you! We will instead help you by guiding to remove the effect of scratch at home using some care products.
Completely agree. You can do a lot with the car detailing products these days. If the paint layer has not gone, then rubbing compound can do wonders!

Welcome to TAI and congrats on your purchase, Fiesta is a wonderful product which was let down by a very optimistic pricing strategy.

Top Bottom