Honda Brio V MT Urban Titanium – 1000 Kms and Counting

Thread Starter #1
Background and Buying Overview:
I own a 3rd gen New Honda City [S MT]and was looking for a hatchback with-in 6 lakh price. Since my driving was 15 kms a day, I was looking for petrol variant.
Initially I had not considered buying Brio until I realized that ground clearance has been increased. Otherwise it was ‘NO’ to Brio. It pains when the car scrapes the speed brakers and didn’t wanted to experience the same with my second car.

Once I took a Test Drive of Brio (after the test drive of Swift and i10), I didn't had a second thought on buying it.

I considered many Hatchbacks before buying brio, but swift and i10 were the close competitors.

1. Hyundai i10- Asta
a. Very Close, very close competition. I preferred Brio only because of the ‘fun to drive’ factor. However it is a personal choice though.

2. Swift ZXI [No offense to Swift- Just my Opinion]
a. Rubber band effect (realized while Test Drive)
b. Waiting Period of 2 months
c. No perks / discounts
d. Cheap interiors.

Perks: 30,000 Cash Discount + 16K worth accessories free (Which I opted for Two-Tone Ovion Seat Cover worth 16,500/-).

Accessories ( Paid By Me)
Bumper corner protectors(with Body Color) - 3000
Sid Kit Protectors (with Body Color) - 4100
Floor Mats - 990
Body Cover – 1223
i-POP Blind Spot Mirrors - 380 + 160

Pros:
Driving Dynamics - Lot of fun to drive. Engine, loves to rev.
Ground Clearance (+5mm compared to Honda City) – Hardly scrapped any speed brakers
Less Turning Radius makes it easier to drive in city.
Music System – can be comparable to Honda City’s.
Fuel Efficiency – ODO reads 1080 Kms and the avg mileage is 13.5 km/l. Expected to improve after the break-in period.
A/C Effectiveness – Better than Honda City.
Design of Interiors – Great with dual tone interiors, black and beige.
Interiors Quality – There are few places like door knobs where the plastic quality is on the lower side.

Cons:
Rear windows doesn’t roll down completely.
Because of rear windshield design, dust gets deposited beneath.
No driver seat height adjustment not even in the top end variant [Brio V MT].
NVH Levels (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) : Descent. The wheel cladding is not done fully at the rear wheel so as a result the road noise is high.
Ride gets bumpier in rough roads.
Comfort Levels – Leg room is sufficient for front and rear passenger. However headroom for rear passenger is not that adequate.
When three passengers at the rear seat:
1. Passenger Side Handles which cannot be folded (unlike Honda City) might hurt the head yesp. when the rides gets bumpier.
2. The seat belt plugs are not properly tailored (unlike Honda City) at rear passenger seat which is uncomfortable for the middle passenger.

Neutral:
Glass Hatch back design. Hit or a Miss
Boot Space (This what the sales executive said: ‘If given a choice to select b/w rear leg space and boot space which one would you choose?’)
Basic equipment like CD player option, rear defogger is missing.

Attachments

congrats and your brio looks hot in UT. [clap] The FE will incrase gradually and true figures will emerge after 5k kms. Also you will feel the gears much smoother after the 1st service.

Brio is very peppy and the drive quality is undoubtedly the best in its segment.

u mentioned i-POP Blind Spot Mirrors , can u post pictures of these ? i can see one in the 3rd last pic, where is the other one fitted ?

Thread Starter #5
congrats and your brio looks hot in UT. [clap] The FE will incrase gradually and true figures will emerge after 5k kms. Also you will feel the gears much smoother after the 1st service.

Brio is very peppy and the drive quality is undoubtedly the best in its segment.

u mentioned i-POP Blind Spot Mirrors , can u post pictures of these ? i can see one in the 3rd last pic, where is the other one fitted ?
Thanks Nitin. The other blind spot mirror can be seen in the last pic (Sorry for the image quality).
For the right view I have chosen adjustable ring type blind-spot and for the left it is rectangular and wide focus, just to get better clarity.
This is the first time I'm using blind sport mirrors and I was trying with both the designs.

Congracts for buying my cars younger brother. Same colour too. As for the road noise, my city also has.
Thanks a lot Bro!

I did not notice the road noise or may be it was not that evident in Honda City. However in Brio, I could easily notice the road noise.

Thanks Nitin. The other blind spot mirror can be seen in the last pic (Sorry for the image quality).
For the right view I have chosen adjustable ring type blind-spot and for the left it is rectangular and wide focus, just to get better clarity.
This is the first time I'm using blind sport mirrors and I was trying with both the designs.
i see the small attachment on the right ORVM, do you mean that ? Have these mirrors been effective while you drive ?

p.s your seat covers look awesome :)

Nice, Crisp No nonsense review of the Brio, please post more pictures though.
Will continue reading your further ownership experiences , thanks for sharing.

Revs

Suspended
@Sunil Kumar : Congrats for the Brio, buddy! Hope you have a trouble-free and happy ownership in the coming years.

The car looks good in UT colour, although my favourite is white.
Keep this thread updated.

Revs.

Thanks all for the wishes. Will soon upload few more pics n update info on blind spot mirrors.
Congrats sunil, i also have the same model/Color v(mt) from magnum honda, kanakapura.

I have just clocked about 1.2kms and the ride has been be pretty nice.\
can you tell me the OTR cost that you got?

Also, i get about 13kms in city with b2b traffic(no ac).
On airpot road, i got 18.9 km per liter yesterday :)

I have my brio smt crossing only 500kms. I got FE 15.5 with ac on in city. I used to drive car in 5th gear even in city at speed of 35 km/hr and higher ,then my FE is increased by 1.5. I found many times that without any pressure on accelerator pedal my car is sliding for 300 mtrs. with locked speed of 25 km/hr.

I have my brio smt crossing only 500kms. I got FE 15.5 with ac on in city. I used to drive car in 5th gear even in city at speed of 35 km/hr and higher ,then my FE is increased by 1.5. I found many times that without any pressure on accelerator pedal my car is sliding for 300 mtrs. with locked speed of 25 km/hr.

Not a good idea to engage 5th gear at low spd of 35kms/hour.
Even if my vehicle comes down to 40kms, i come down to 4the gear.

If u drive at 5th gear on low speeds, u may end up doing damaged to engined in long term

Top Bottom