Suzuki Access 125 (My lucky Blacky)

Thread Starter #1
Intro:

Hello Members, i am glad to say that i became an owner of a black Suzuki Access 125. So here goes an ownership and the whole buying review and i am sure many would wait for this as i saw those replies when i was in the buying process of the Access.

My Family:

Everyone in my Family likes automobiles so our decision was very quick, but sometimes it leads to disaster(Eeco[frustration]), so this time we took a little time of a week or so(pretty slow isn't it?).

The Need:

Our old workhorse the mighty 1995 model Splendor which served mine and my dad's purpose very well is getting aged, and dad told let us buy a scooter so that i can use this to travel comfortably and my sister could also use to commute around.So we decided to buy an Access as we had seen it earlier with many of my friends and family members, who gave a good opinion about the vehicle and their only grouse was the bad Service backup in Bangalore, except for that, we got great feedback on the vehicle.

The Hunt:

Being an enthusiast i started searching many websites, for gear-less scooters and got too many of them and i was "My God, we have a tough competition to choose one for ourselves"

So on the next day, when i was busy asleep, dad went scouting for the scooters in the town, he bought too many quotations on different products and he left the station to attend a marriage. I woke up and saw many Brouchers in my chair and started comparing them and here goes the virtual broucher Shopping:

Scooty Sisters:
Scooty Pep+: The broucher was really colorful but the tech specs and feature it offered were not, the OTR Bangalore was 45k and i did not give attention though i thought it would be lighter for my sister to drive around town easily,anyway something did not satisfy me and this got off from the list.

Scooty Streak: Yet another pep+ with some sort of girlish styling, so got the broucher off my desk.

Honda Brothers:
Activa: Did not sound VFM (61k OTR) and the styling was not upto my taste, moreover we liked the older gen activa a lot, so no to Activa.

Dio: The refreshed kid in the gang, but with unfinished rear and high seating position made us not to go for the it though it was close competitor to Access.

Mahindra Dudes:

Both Duro and Rodeo seemed powerful in the speccs sheet, anyhow we were not so confident about buying onw and the rear portion of seat seemed some sort of small where it would be uncomfortable to pillion riders.

Hero Maestro:
Did not research about it a lot so left off, though it had potential.

Piaggio Vespa:
Liked the looks of the style very much and went for a TD, and man-o-man it was very light and nice to ride the scooter, the Sales guy gave good info about the vehicle and started telling tales that vespa was like that in those days and kept on flying with the dream, i brought him down to earth and asked the OTR price, quoted 81k Alas! for what joy do you guys charge so much for just a 125 cc scooter, he kept mum and as you know he started telling bad about other vehicles in segment, so told him that we will come tomorrow to book the vehicle and fled the place without looking back.

Suzuki Warriors:
Access: As we knew about the vehicle already, we just checked everything was fine or not and then we got a quotation with accessories, the sales rep came to us yawning and wrote 56k on-road price, we felt it was good and added some accessories which came to 60k close and then we took the quotation.

Swish: This is nothing but Access with same tech specs and features, but a nice urban styling and higher by 1k than Access, my sister sat in both of them and told Swish is pretty heavy though i drooled over it for it's style.

Finally the Wego:
Thought to give a visit to the showroom, but did not bother to go there as we were already satisfied with the access.

The Animal:
Finally we went and booked an Access as that was the only scooter which was in our mind and went to Sapthagiri Suzuki in Dr.Rajkumar Road to book the vehicle, there were nobody to say an Hi, we waited for 5 minutes again checking with the Access and we asked a person that we have come to book an access, he was busy with some files and asked a sales Rep to take the booking, he brought a file and took the booking of our vehicle. He promisied that the vehicle would be delivered withing a week's time as the color was readily available.

Color color which color do you choose?

We had options of white, black, red , silver and grey.
The SE told Silver and Red takes 2 months to be delivered so we did not want that to happen, there were 2 display pieces, one in white and one in black, black colored one caught our eye and we settled with this color.

Forward next week:

Gave a call to the office and as usual got the reply that the vehicle has not reached their store, so was the whole week's routine.

2nd WEAK:

Got tired of waiting for the vehicle until Wednesday when the fat SE called in and said Saar your vehicle is ready and lying here jobless come take it.
So got up and finished my morning chores and took my cousin with me in my splendor to take the delivery.

Speedy disposal:

The SE guy made the necessary documents and brought the vehicle down from his warehouse and gave a lighting fast introduction of the vehicle.
Enjoy this little conversation:

SE: Saar be down here i will come with the vehicle
ME: Okay
Finally he showed me my scooter by slowly riding it down the ramp.
SE: Sir this is your bike, accessories are installed check with list (showing the start button) start with this, Bye sir
ME:[shock]

Thank god he drove the vehicle to us sensibly.

The Asphalt Carpet:

Took the vehicle and drove it straight to a petrol bunk and filled the tank.
The feul tank size capacity is 6ltrs so the bill came to 460 Rs.
After this i rode it safely (read 30kmph) and splatter (Rain!)
Then moved with a little pace (40kmph) and reached home.

Show-off:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Suzuki Access 125 (My lucky Blacky).

Show-off continued:
DSCF3408.jpg

DSCF3409.jpg

DSCF3410.jpg

DSCF3411.jpg

DSCF3412.jpg

DSCF3414.jpg

DSCF3415.jpg

DSCF3416.jpg

DSCF3417.jpg

DSCF3418.jpg

DSCF3419.jpg

Our HH Splendor works like a charm and till date just a half kick-start is enough to start this vehicle(90's engine you see).
DSCF3420.jpg
It's due for restoration, will start a thread when restoration begins.
DSCF3421.jpg

First Glitch:
Broke down in the middle of the road as the fuel supply pipe was not working, dad got it serviced in the service station where we bought the bike, lucky him the scooter gave way in the showroom road only!

First Ouch:
Sister did not wait for us to guide her, so she took it for a spin and spinned the vehicle
towards the electric pole and scratch came inside the front body (not very much though), well i thought it was not bad for first timers.

First second Service:
Did not get time to give the vehicle for first service which was due at september, so the service engineer cashed in for second service, Engine oil was changed and the cost landed up somewhere around 1000Rs.

Re: Suzuki Access 125 (My lucky Blacky).

Congrats on buying Access Vishwas.We too have a Access 2012 Jan,which had done more than 1500 Km.It is used by my grandfather.Color is Silver.

Thread Starter #6
Congrats on buying Access Vishwas.We too have a Access 2012 Jan,which had done more than 1500 Km.It is used by my grandfather.Color is Silver.
Thank you music swift, so how is backup by the scooter?
I think older people and ladies find access and active more heavy.

Hi Vishwas, congrats.. Me too own Access, clocked 65k kms..
Great Varun and 65k??(!!) when did you buy your scooter friend?

Till now I'm enjoying the bike to full extent, and the power delivery is excellent, though i prefer bikes for this matter.But compared to activa,access has better acceleration.

I haven't checked the mileage (tank-tank), will do it soon enough,though roughly i might say it's giving somewhere at 40's.

Hi Buddy,

Congrats for Access.

Even we too thinking to buy a scooter for my Dad to repalce his Super splendor.

your review is intersting.

Once I decided to buy the scooter, I'll let you know.

Thread Starter #9
Mine is almost 2.5 years old, (first batch). The mileage you can expect is 35-40.

I have also done 90 kmph in Access. Pretty stable till 70kmph.
Great miles in 2.5 years and yes it is much stable till 70kmph.
The best thing is it tackles the pot-holes well because for its heavy body.

Hi Buddy,

Congrats for Access.

Even we too thinking to buy a scooter for my Dad to repalce his Super splendor.

your review is intersting.

Once I decided to buy the scooter, I'll let you know.
Thanks Appu. Do start a thread about buying one, let us all give in our thoughts.

Honestly, this bike is a good performer than others in the segment.

@Vishwas your review has helped me to finalize on the Access 125.
have you faced any problems yet?
hows the headlight?
i am supposed to get my ride on 26 dec

The only worst thing in Access is the head lamp, focus is too bad, low and high beam are almost equal.

Even HL adjustment won't help.
Can't we do nothing about it?
what the chance of getting an HID for the light? is 5AH enough for the HID or do we have to get 7AH? will the alternator handle the extra load?

can you give me the specifics of the various bulbs used in Access
1. indicator (should be BA9S)
2. tail (i guess it is BA15D)
3. does it have park lights?
4. what about instrument console?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
@Vishwas your review has helped me to finalize on the Access 125.
have you faced any problems yet?
hows the headlight?
i am supposed to get my ride on 26 dec
Thanks buddy, no serious problems till now except it stalled in the middle of the road once due to faulty fuel line, but the service guys rectified the problem and it's arocket now.

The only worst thing in Access is the head lamp, focus is too bad, low and high beam are almost equal.

Even HL adjustment won't help.
The high beam is out of focus yes, you have to ride it carefully at night.

Varun, i'm thinking of fixing two led bulbs at the number plate, sounds good?

Nice thread, sir. Nice choice of color too. I visited a Suzuki showroom here too, and their attitude was similar. Everyone was busy in something, hardly anyone had time to attend us. Anyways, Access impressed me as well in test ride and I'm getting it next week.
A question though, is that accessory box(or whatever it's called) large enough to fit a book and a register or two?

We had options of white, black, red , silver and grey.
The SE told Silver and Red takes 2 months to be delivered so we did not want that to happen, there were 2 display pieces, one in white and one in black, black colored one caught our eye and we settled with this color.
I was told all colors are available, and we can have it the same day too. :O Maybe you had a bad luck that day.

so this time we took a little time of a week or so(pretty slow isn't it?)
I'm searching for my scooter from last 6 months. Now this is slow. :lol!:

Top Bottom