2012 Apache RTR. The Devil's Angel

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ns i bought the new version of apache rtr 180 and i would like to share my views on this awesome machine with you guys. lets begin ! [clap]

Dealer : Royal tvs , palakkad
Date of purchase : 30/11/12
On road price [kerala] : 82180
Discounts/accessories : nil
kms run till now : 262.2 km
Fuel filled : 8 liters

Bikes considered : yamaha r15 ver.2, apache rtr 180, pulsar 200 ns

• Rejected r15 because i had to take my mom with me for occasional rides, so seat comfort was also a priority.
  • I am not sure about how well the engine of new pulsar would behave after a couple of years with all those complex engineering done in to the engine. so rejected that too.

pros:

• Stays true to the racing DNA, superb acceleration
  • Head turner
  • Redesigned seats are comfortable
  • smooth clutch
  • Handling and flickability is awesome. Trust me guys having ridden p220 and
    180 for a long time this one feels like feather.
  • Exhaust note

cons:

• Did an 80 km stretch at noon and engine got heated up pretty fast. May be because its a fresh one and first service is still due. Found some oil spill near the left part of the engine after the ride[will upload the pic].
  • gear shifts are notchy, hope it improves after first service.
  • new design is not likely to everyone's taste but believe me friends, it grows on you each moment and you are sure to get those looks of jealousy wherever you go [glasses]

Overall i am a very happy and proud owner of the new apache rtr series. Now to the pics. [:D]

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 2012 apache rtr, ''the devils angel''

Congrat's on your new Apache, i guess your's is the first refreshed Apache we have in our forum,please do keep up dating this thread, loved those photo's and also do get that oil leakage checked at ASS asap.

Thread Starter #5
Congrat's on your new Apache, i guess your's is the first refreshed Apache we have in our forum,please do keep up dating this thread, loved those photo's and also do get that oil leakage checked at ASS asap.

Thanks @visran [:)] .about the oil spill, i guess it happened because of overheating but going to check it asap.

Sree-Congo on your Apache.Apache looks bloody hot in White Color.
thanks @music swift [:)]

Congratzzz for your new ride. IO really like the eagle eyes on RTR. :-)
thanks @dharmesh and yes my angel looks really hot with that killer stare [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
UPDATE :

COMPLETED 340 KMS today. Gear shifts are getting improved and no sign of oil spill from the engine now. i know its too early for mileage calculation but that's what concerns many of us. please note that this is only a rough calculation. so here goes,

fuel filled in :8 liters
[there was a little fuel left when i left the showroom, lets say 0.5 liters]

so total fuel :8.5 liters

fuel tank capacity : 16 liters
reserve : 2.5 liters

my vehicle is still running in main so that means fuel used will be 6 liters.

so 340/6

56.66 km per liter

i have been running in properly and maintaining the RPM to be under 4k strictly. Still i was expecting it to be around 35 to 40. but this is truly amazing [clap]

Sree congrats on your new Apache,Except the head light it looks nice and white i like most in the New Apache. How is the Vibrations, Which Apache famous for? Did you checked the oil leakage. I guess the oil filter situates in the space you marked and leakage may be because of the loose nuts or from the O ring of the cover.
One confusion- In the last 2 pictures of Digital meter, What is the digits below the speed display stand for( I mean st- 6.8 & HI 5pd)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Sree congrats on your new Apache,Except the head light it looks nice and white i like most in the New Apache. How is the Vibrations, Which Apache famous for? Did you checked the oil leakage. I guess the oil filter situates in the space you marked and leakage may be because of the loose nuts or from the O ring of the cover.
One confusion- In the last 2 pictures of Digital meter, What is the digits below the speed display stand for( I mean st- 6.8 & HI 5pd)
thanks releesh. [:)] as i mentioned i have been running in the vehicle properly so iam keeping the RPM below 4k, no sort of vibrations so far. Suspension is a bit stiff. TVS has worked on the vibration issues i guess [clap]
st displays shortest time taken to reach 60 km/hr. It can be reset.
hi spd records and displays the highest speed achieved.

Thread Starter #11
UPDATE

Completed first service and 760 kms on odo.

Really dissatisfied with the service provided. [anger]
They overfilled the battery and battery water got spilled over the silencer and some parts of the frame, Already showing signs of rust on those places. [anger]
The tube that releases the excess acid was elongated before i gave it to the first service and i found it was cut short which caused all this . Don't know why they did so.

There is a service reminder indicator which is supposed to blink only when service is due, but mine is still blinking.

can any one help me how to file a complaint against the service guys? And please give me some advices on what to do with the silencer. [cry]

Revs

Suspended
Sree: Firstly congratulations on your Apache. It looks awesome in those pics. Any reasons why you didn't consider Fazer? I dont think it is too uncomfortable for pillion.
Secondly, I think you should send a mail to TVS or have a talk with dealership members regarding the issues faced after servicing.

Revs

What the hell!

TVS still giving the conventional battery for their top end model. All other manufactures now moved to sealed maintenance free battery.

Sreecr, if you get a chance to change the battery, do it at the earliest. get the Amaron pro biker which has 5 year guarantee.Once you fit the same, then you can forget about battery for the next 3-4 years minimum.

For my earlier gladiator company given me exide ordinary battery. Which given me lot of issues, which even not lasted for 14 months. I had to check battery water every3 weeks due to my excessive riding. After that i had changed to amaron for the next 2 years it never given me any problem and i sold the bike and the current owner still uses the same battery after 2 years without any problem. My bike had the security system and additional hones too. Once i had got an accident and the bike not used for more 1 month and after that bike just started in the first click in the remote. That was really surprising for me.
My current bike GS150R also came with Exide battery, i insisted the dealer to change it to amaron and I bought the amaron battery from outside and dealer taken back the exide and reduced the full amount of new battery in the invoice which i bought in may 2010. I am 100% sure that the service center guys, never removed the left side panel in any service where the battery fixed after 41000 km and 30months passed.

So my point is fix amaron/any other maintenance free and forget about battery itself.

Thread Starter #14
Sree: Firstly congratulations on your Apache. It looks awesome in those pics. Any reasons why you didn't consider Fazer? I dont think it is too uncomfortable for pillion.
Secondly, I think you should send a mail to TVS or have a talk with dealership members regarding the issues faced after servicing.

Revs
thanks revs, fazer is a very good bike from yamaha but i was looking for a bike above 150 cc segment. I mailed to TVS last day and also had a talk with the dealer, they have asked to bring the vehicle for further inspection. All of this occured cause that stupid servicing mechanic shortened the tube which he is not supposed to.[anger] [frustration]

Thread Starter #15
What the hell!

TVS still giving the conventional battery for their top end model. All other manufactures now moved to sealed maintenance free battery.

Sreecr, if you get a chance to change the battery, do it at the earliest. get the Amaron pro biker which has 5 year guarantee.Once you fit the same, then you can forget about battery for the next 3-4 years minimum.

For my earlier gladiator company given me exide ordinary battery. Which given me lot of issues, which even not lasted for 14 months. I had to check battery water every3 weeks due to my excessive riding. After that i had changed to amaron for the next 2 years it never given me any problem and i sold the bike and the current owner still uses the same battery after 2 years without any problem. My bike had the security system and additional hones too. Once i had got an accident and the bike not used for more 1 month and after that bike just started in the first click in the remote. That was really surprising for me.
My current bike GS150R also came with Exide battery, i insisted the dealer to change it to amaron and I bought the amaron battery from outside and dealer taken back the exide and reduced the full amount of new battery in the invoice which i bought in may 2010. I am 100% sure that the service center guys, never removed the left side panel in any service where the battery fixed after 41000 km and 30months passed.

So my point is fix amaron/any other maintenance free and forget about battery itself.

Thanks for the reply releesh and how much did it cost you? Iam going to the dealer tommarow and will surely see if i can get the maintanance free battery.

Top Bottom