(XUV) completed 1 year with us last week and the journey so far has been really great, wonderful and top of all niggle free. The ODO stands at 22029 Kms
as of now.
Over the last 8 months I have driven this vehicle extensively and in different kind of terrains and roads, no roads, village roads full of mud slush, water and what not.
This includes smooth highway trips on NH 8 where DRACO just glided
like anything with 6 people and 7-8 bags plus lot of loose stuff. And was able to do 170-180 kmph
(I know its not safe but was just trying to see the limit hence not promoting high speed driving) otherwise kept it around 120 - 130
and the FE I got was around 14.7 - 15 kmpl
. I could easily cut lanes and the braking always gave me that confidence to drive hard. Very Stable and amazing handling.
One of the best trips was to RamNagar (Jim Corbett Forest
). One of my friend has a Resort there and his resort is all the way into the Jungle, One has to literally drive 6-7 kms into jungle, cross 2 decent size river and 1 small river. And that 6-7 km patch is so narrow that only one car can pass at a time through big bushes and made by JCB’s so it means water, stones, bumps, slush and what not. And XUV crossed all of that. Those 2 rivers had water which was almost flowing over the tire. Until this day I used to think that XUV can be only used as a soft roader but this trip changed my view about this vehicle. After taking so much of abuse XUV is still running great.
I know technically it’s a Crossover but it has been serving us as a proper SUV. Doing everything for us what a SUV would do.
Now coming to the 20K
Issues Reported: 1. Reverse Sensor beeping as soon as reverse gear is engaged. This was due to the wrong position of the rear guard. Adjusted the guard and problem solved. 2. Left exhaust shaking. So the culprit for this was the tractor guy when my XUV was stuck. That Stupid guy hooked the rope on the silencer So a rubber got loose. They changed it and issue resolved. 3. Car going towards left
Wheel Alignment done and issue resolved. 4. right windshield washer throwing less water Adjusted the angle of the washer vollaa. 5. Occasional squeaking from the instrument cluster. something to do with padding. Now resolved.
Oil Filter: 229.83/-
Fuel Filter: 1317.13/-
Air Filter: 786.74/-
Engine Oil: 255.47 + 1277.35/-
EngineCare XUV 500: 642.65/-
Few Consumable: 35.36/-
Wheel Alignment: 550/-
(Inclusive of all taxes
Other Things done:
1. Tire Rotation Likes:
1. Comfortable seats which make long trips easy and untiring.
2. Never ending feature list which comes in handy and very convenient.
3. Amazing stability and handling at high speeds and in city. The cornering ability of the vehicle.
4. Ample space in first and second row. And third row can be very well used for long trips.
5. Braking ability of the vehicle, gives you immense confidence.
6. The torque, ahh love that. And it never feels like it’s out of juice when accelerating.
7. And after my Ramnagar trip the off roading ability of the vehicle. Now don’t imagine the 4*4 off roading stuff. Things I don’t like:
1. When all rows are up you don’t have space for luggage.
2. Undulations and potholes are felt inside due to the stiffer suspension.
3. Third row not a good place for 6 footers on a long trip. Locally (Adjust kar le
So overall I am really happy with my XUV unlike few other people who had to suffer the initial niggles. Money well invested.
Will post more pictures shortly.