So the milestone has been achieved and yet the beast is going strong, yes DRACO completes 1,00,000 KM's
on the ODO
. Was returning from Delhi yestrday when the ODO crossed the milestone.
Few words I would like to say on the special occassion for the beast. Engine/Driveability:
The 2.2L M-hawk engine still feels like new even after completing 1,00,000 kms. Provides really good performance and just press the accelerator and you will see that cluster of vehicles in your rear view mirror. No matter where you take this beast, it never lets you down. And the engine is relatively silent when compared to other cars in the segment. Yes, the NVH levels are bit loud during the cold start but once the engine settles down the engine sound reduces. Braking:
The braking is still spot on as the disc brakes all around makes braking capability of this vehicle really good. Also ABS
and ESP add more value to the braking system in a panic situation. Yes the pedal travel time is something which will need a new driver to get use to. And I have nothing to complain about the brakes so far. I have had few close calls and the beast performed very well. Ride Quality:
This is one point which has both the aspects good and bad. The stiffer suspension results in stable ride, less body roll and makes lane changing piece of cake at both high and slow speeds. But when you go over a pothole you can feel the undulations and the jerks. But other than this I have no issues with the suspension. It looks like they have tweaked the suspension in the new XUV according to the reviews. Stability:
Well this is something I really like about this beast. Its really stable and very well planted on high speeds. It gives you the confidence to change lanes on high speeds and makes cornering easy according to the size of this vehicle. Design:
I like the overall design of the car and the interior design is also very well laid out. But there is definitely scope for improvement in the interior quality such as the dashboard. The dashboard has started showing signs of usage from one or two places. Also the silver lining on the hand rest has the silver paint peeling. Same thing goes for the grab handle on the driver side door, besides that nothing else to complain. All the buttons on the steering and the middle console are easy to reach and all the features given are really convenient especially the phone and audio controls on the steering. Hill Hold and descent are very helpful and used them couple of times on my trip to Mt Abu, Kambalgarh fort , Mussoorie etc. Space:
Space is present in abundance in the first and second row and the reclining second row seats are a plus on long drives. Lot of storage space, each row gets water bottle holder. The only drawback is that there is no boot space with all rows up. But personally I have never faced that issue so far in 1,00,000 kms. We made a trip to Delhi-Udaipur-Delhi and there were 6 people and luggage for almost 10-11 people in the car. There was another car(ritz) but my cousin had a big bass tube fitted in his boot. So all the luggage was set in our XUV. I used one seat in the last row for sitting and folded the other seat and managed to put all the luggage there. But if you are travelling 5 people than with the last row down you have ample of space. FE:
I drive100% with AC on even in the winters, though the temperature is set on the higher side in winters. I cant drive with windows rolled down because I am very prone to dust allergy and it keep s the interiors clean as well. So my highest in 17.8 KMPL and lowest is I guess 10 Kmpl. Normal FE in Delhi traffic hovers around 12-13 kmpl and on highways it goes upto 15 kmpl. Major replacements/issues/Breakdowns:
- In the initial 5000 kms I got the famous brake grinding noise which was taken care by M&M for free of cost.
- Clutch went kaput at 84,000 kms but I was able to drive 70-75 kms and reach the dealership. Culprit was leak in the master save cylinder. Rs. 13198 (Clutch Master Cylinder, Tube Hydraulic Clutch, Slave Cylinder replaced).
- Tyres were changed at 65,000 kms. Bought 3 new tyres and used the spare tire which was never used before. Rs. 23,000
- Front Disc Plates were changed at 80,000 kms Rs. 12948 (Front Disc plates and brake pads replaced).
- Front Brake Pads @ 48365 Km Rs. 5032 Road Trips:
Delhi-Moradabad-Delhi (Countless times)
Delhi-Ramnagar(Jim Corbett)-Delhi (Countless times)
Door Side Strips
Stock speakers upgraded to Kicker components
Low beam upgraded to HID (4300 Kelvin HOCOST)
Sun visors Service Costs:
- First service 5065 KM RS. 2820
- Second Service 10003 KM Rs. 2225
- Third Service 20432 KM Rs. 5759
- Fourth Service 29053 KM Rs. 8933
- Fifth Service 40413 KM Rs. 12530
- Sixth Service 50746 KM Rs. 12900
- Seventh Service 60690 KM Rs. 10219
- Eight Service 70181 KM Rs. 8265
- Ninth Service 81633 KM Rs.14300
- Tenth Service 89331 KM Rs. 1418 (Rear Brake pads changed)
1. Both the front power windows have develop a similar problem recently and both of them get stuck while going up. I have to give a little push and then they go all the way up. I think the machine needs to get replaced.
2. On cold start belt makes noise and after a minute or so the noise stops. Anyways the belt will be changed in the next service which is due now. Besides that nothing to report. Will update once the 1,00,000 km service is done.