Maruti Suzuki Zen, 8 Years and Counting

Thread Starter #1
Well this story about My little Zenny ( yes thats what I call her ) whos 8 + now , and belong from the era when Zen used to be ZEN .

This was the face lifted Zen after the legendary old zen.

Well it might have crossed 8 + years but it has only 40K in the odometer .. as it was only used for daily city commute and it was our secondary car .

Now after joining my new job and father booking another car I took charge of this car. Now the engine , the suspension , the brakes were absolutely top notch , the battery has been changed twice and the clutch system once . Since it was under my dads supervision he used to do routine check ups by a loyal mechanic of his , who used to work for MAS . So thanx to that I received the car in top notch functionally . But thnx to narrow lanes n some bad drivers from past the bumpers had hell lot of scratches , one tail light was half broken and this and that here n there .

So I started with getting rid of stock rims and installed Plati Alloys ( including stepney )(12K) , then just repainted the bumpers(2.5K) , and changed the headlamps to Philips H4 system (1.2k), and some other bumper guards and door guards , mud flaps etc (1.5K).

Every day I drive around 40kms , the fuel efficiency is very satisfying, I get 15kmpl with AC on .

Its a pleasure to drive this beauty , buttery smooth gear shift , great pick up the steering though being power steering is a bit hard but still its quite chuckable in the city traffic .

So heres my Zenny in her retouched avatar . will upload some interior photos once I get time ..

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki Zen , 8 years and counting ..

Welcome to TAI, good reviews about the car, a very well maintained car with simple but attractive looks.

Hi Zenon, Welcome to TAI, car looks neat.

For zen you could have gone for 13" inchers it would improve the handling a lot.
Also get a pair of fog lamps which fit on the bumpers, will make your car look much better.

Hi Zenon, Welcome to TAI. This is really nice short and crisp review of your beauty. I also had Zen old version for 6 odd months. I was getting FE figures of 13 KMPL constantly in city.

Nice choice of alloys mate, blends well with your beauty.

Hello Zenon,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Your Zenny looks cute as well as smart. Those alloys looks great on your ride. I can well understand that there are not many options available in 12". Do post some interior pics too.

Cheers.

@Zenon

Welcome to TAI !!

Hmm, this was one of the best selling car for Maruti few years back and was really a dream to own one. It is really peppy and fast. Most of the people really were disappointed when Maruti announced its discontinuation .

It really looks cute and maintained well buddy

Zenon weclome to TAI
You Zen looks awesome man!
Even I own exactly same zen like yours [:)]

Re: Maruti Suzuki Zen, 8 Years and Counting.

Hello Zenon Welcome to TAI , neatly maintained ride !

Have you planned for any mods ? do post pics of the interior as well

wow 8+ years is a Long time

It was the time when we did not even think of Diesels. It was only Petrols [:)]

Simply loved the Maruti suzuki cars of that time, such futurustic design elements and wow very well maintained

And the "Kitna Deti Hai" part is also good - 15 KMPL consistently for a petrol car 8 yrs old is very good. Arent MS cars made for that then?? [;)]

Wonderful ZENNY piece,, keep it up!!

That looks like a very well maintained car.
This car was my first choice too. But Maruti was not selling this when I got my car.

Congrats

-TDK

Thread Starter #13
Some interior photographs of my zen .

The Wide rear view mirror , the steering cover and those pillows are new , the seat covers are as old as the car , but have to say they are in very good condition .

The MP3 & Radio player is around 6 months old , its not branded made by a company called Universal , it has 4 speakers two on front door (old ) two are in the rear parcel tray ( got it along with the car stereo ) , the sound quality is not mind blowing but not that bad also , MP3 s play really well , the FM is very disappointing , it can only catch the freq properly for 2/3 stations and keep making a hissing sound . The entire setup costed me 2250/- and 250/- to install , so for the time being its ok . But i have a plan to install a descent ICE within a year or so.

The registration plate white LED s I installed last week , since my headlamps and parking lamps both are white , the yellow no plate lights were looking odd , now planning to buy a pair of white for lamps .

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom