Welcoming a New Mahindra Quanto C6 in Black - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
HISTORY OF MY PURCHASE
i know its bit lengthy and not required but have to give the information about how my hunt start for the vehicle after loosing my sweet scorpio

Here is the story of how we decided to purchase quanto

It was 24th Sunday there was a match between India and England t20 and after that we didn’t go out of home when the ACPs vehicle arrived at around 1am seems the vehicle was there but when we saw in the morning it was not there .

And after many long process the police of madivala station rejected to file the fir as the vehicle was registered from NAndayala AP and after a recommend of MLA they registered the case .

After the look/hunt for 2nd hand scorpio was stated from sireesh service centre and we found one while sle of 2011 and was done 22000kms only and the deal was finalized and the amount price was for 8.5lakhs

And on Thursday October 25th we went to meet the person with cash but for some off his reasons he was unable to meet so we came back.

Then after that my cousin bro came to home and he was looking for some details and accessories and modifications available and when I was searching for that I found a Scorpio vlx automatic vehicle which was given as 9.2l in add then I called him and he then finalized to meet him on Saturday 20th October and we went there to his place at indranagar and the deal was finalized for 8.85Lakhs even gave the advance also and he told us that he is going for kerala and will be back after wed 24th but he didn’t call us on wed so just went for sireesh and had a discussion with MD and then called to other office and blocked c8 of Rocky Beige colour

But then after a discussion in the home dad decided to go for black and then again went to MD office then spoke to about the c6

But he washed my brain and told me to go for c8 and don’t look for color or model number but after that again be blocked the c6 as I was not happy

Then we went there on Saturday 29th and made the cash and the thing was the still the model was not decided on the date of booking they have mentioned as c6/c8 black

On those days after the payment of cash just had a long test drive for more then 60 kms and it was really nice expirence for me as

it was my 1st TD after a figo in the month of june but it was just in city ride .In the 1st test drive have obsorbed that

1) No rear ac and also for 3rd row passenger

2) When I saw the look it looks like same as xylo and few portion looks like xuv

3) When I say the details of the engine I felt that what a 3cylinder can perform cause in our mechanics we learnt that every 4wheler vehicles will be having 4cylinder with 4stroke petrol/desil engine

4) Then when I went there was panning to buy c8 as topend and after the test drive we got 26km/l as AFE(average fuel enniciency[ŋ]) and was shocked to see this

5) Noticed the audio system the performance bass sound and every thing was fine except the Bluetooth function

6) Enquired about the universal stearing controller but got the negative feedback about this also

7) Asked for the change of wheel base as similar to that of xylo but they told that you cant do that even if you do also the fuel efficience may decrease to 2to 3 kms/l

8) Checked the space left when a person sit in 2nd row even when the front seat is completely pulled back and pushed to front was a great comfort and felt same as scorpio

9) Noticed that can sit 3 people in 2nd row even heavy weight people like me ( as use to face this problem in swift and was unable to sit freely if 3 peoples are there in centre row)
10)

2nd day test drive after some days later with mom also
1) The 1st thing I noticed is about the suspensions and body roll suspension was great as the back wheel is there it avoides the vehicle when there are some king karab roads

2) The wheel base are same as xlyo

3) Comes to performance 3rd gear in 30 when I just placed the leg on the accelator pedal it crossed to 50

4) Pulling was awesome it took 5th gear in 60 and was on noice in engine and the vehicle didn’t got off ( if its in small vehicles means surely engine whould have got off)

5) When we went there our pre booked c8 rocky beige was in the stand waiting for its new owner when I saw that one felt bad
3rd day with my uncle

1) Was really great day for me as it was my 1st ride in city traffic ifrom bomanahalli to garvebhavipalya and u-turn to sireesh was trying to check the clutch pad was no that rough and it was fine for me

2) Even breaks it was good as my speed was not above 40 in that road

3) Just only in 2nd and 3rd gear to see wheather the engine will get off or not but it didn’t

4) Got conformed the fuel efficiency in city is 14/15 km/l
4th day drive with day just a drive
the pictures of quanto which i captured today
hope its fine and also found the mistakes which mahindra shouldn't have done this for quanto
1) even though the the jack spawner looks like small when compare to scorpio and innova
2) the door spring system is really good only opens 50% of the door and for the rest we need to pull it
3) space left when one seat is closed
4) dad sleeping just trying to check the comfort but unfortunetly cant sleep for those who are above 5.5 ft then need to fold there legs
5) test drive started and at the middle took the pic but in the starting the AFE was 10.5km/kl
6)fnal AFE reading when the vehicle is stopped at the showroom
7) bellow bonet
8) lights portion
9) the mistake i found is that the indicator lights should be in the extreme end so that other persons can see that properly but this is inside
10) some one said that there are only 5 bottle holders but actually its 7
and asusual the performance i dont need to give it but am goin for a complete drive where i will be getting a chance to drive the vehicle for a long drive of 30kms

when i did the first drive i felt the clutchs are bit hard but they are really not

Saturday 12th November was a great day for me
left the home and was planned to get a new dress for festival but the axis bank people called us for the loan details and then went to btm layout axis bank in that mean time manager of sireesh(charat) called us and informed that the vehicle is ready
was really flying in sky

but when we went for the show room he informed that the order is ready for ur c6black and its on the way from the main plant through lorry so you may get it by saturday

but am planning to get it on monday as its the first monday of kartik mass
On that day also had a test drive for 37kms and the fuel effience was 23.5km/l
(when started the journey the starting AFE reading was 10.6km/l and when we came back it was around 23.5km/l)

And we paid the complete cash of 8.6L on Thursday 15th and they told the delivery will be on Saturday and then in the evening got a call and will be getting vehicle by Monday lets see whats going to happen
and when i get the vehicle will post each and every pictures with complete details for you

PS:this is my own experience with my driving and even my dads driving so there is no fun in this and wont care for the people who make fun with this comments and if the admins feel its not good means they can remove this thread but cant post later so when i get the vehicle i will just capture and upload it here

Last edited:
Re: Welcoming a New Mahindra Quanto C6 in Black

Hello Nuthan, let me congratulate you on the purchase and you can pride yourself on being the first Quanto owner on TAI. As I told you earlier, I will be glued to this thread as I am really curious about the 3-pot mcr100.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Hello Nuthan, let me congratulate you on the purchase and you can pride yourself on being the first Quanto owner on TAI. As I told you earlier, I will be glued to this thread as I am really curious about the 3-pot mcr100.
am eagerly waiting for the delivery hope by monday or tuestday i will post the pics

Nuthan first of all many congratulations from my side for your superb decision i am glued to this thread and eagerly waiting for pics and more details of Quanto.

Thread Starter #6

Nuthan first of all many congratulations from my side for your superb decision i am glued to this thread and eagerly waiting for pics and more details of Quanto.
sure bro i will
Congrats on your Quanto Nuthan Bro.You are the first Quanto owner in TAI,I guess.
yes but will be getting the vehicle by monday
just got a call from sireesh that the vehicle wil be comming to showroom to night

Hai buddy congrats on your quanto
Your the first quanto owner[:D]
Awaiting to read the ownership review and phots tooo

Fantastic Nuthan finally we have the quanto on forum [clap]

Btw does your model comes with airbags and abs ? .

Thread Starter #11

Fantastic Nuthan finally we have the quanto on forum [clap]

Btw does your model comes with airbags and abs ? .
ABS is there but no airbags and no
alloy thats it
and the registration and delivery will be done by monday itself
if possible wil try to be present while they are checking the vehicle so i can clarify my doubts also
Congratulations on your new Quanto. Really eager for a detailed ownership review.
thanks dude willl do it soon

Congrats nuthan, I am also glued to the thread. Waiting for the pics

ABS is there but no airbags and no
alloy thats it
and the registration and delivery will be done by monday itself
if possible wil try to be present while they are checking the vehicle so i can clarify my doubts also

thanks dude willl do it soon
Thanx for the reply .

I asked you specially about the * airbags * because , if your car came with airbags I would have not suggested you to put a bull guard on your car since it can interfere in the deployment of the airbags .

Still even for pedestrian safety I would suggest you to think twice before you install the bull guard .

And like all even iam glued to this thread , waiting for your black quanto [:D]

Ad!tya

Suspended

Hello nuthan!
Firstly, congrats on the black Quanto (which I would call 'Black panda'!)(no offence) [:)]
Secondly, Very nice startup. [clap]
Thirdly, Waiting for the pics of the ride.

Aditya. [:D]

Thread Starter #15

Thanx for the reply .

I asked you specially about the * airbags * because , if your car came with airbags I would have not suggested you to put a bull guard on your car since it can interfere in the deployment of the airbags .

Still even for pedestrian safety I would suggest you to think twice before you install the bull guard .

And like all even iam glued to this thread , waiting for your black quanto [:D]
no actually am adding bull guard for vehicle safety for the front and the sides till the headlamps not for show bro
and its a complete one and yes wantedly i dint go for airbags cause mine/dads speed is below 80 in normal roads and if its highway means 100 to 110 thats it so only and no late night drive at the last 8.30 is the maximum when we go for trips

Top Bottom