after a long discussion and research, finally i took the delivery of my new waggy green in grey. let me start with my review and ownership details now.let me first congratulate myself for the new waggy Background:
for the last 8 months I was looking for a second hand car for myself and only purpose was to travel for my newly started business that’s it. It was not required to go for a so called family hatch back as such. Keeping this in mind I was looking for a car which will take from point A to point B. when we had a discussion about a car, my family especially father used to tell me that it is not at all necessary. Somehow I could convince him and got myself this beauty. I only know how I have convinced him and although he was not ready, I have forced him to buy a new car. This is my sad background but now he is happy about it. Research begins
: I was initially going for lower budget vehicle like nano or new alto 800 but my father is of opinion that car should look like a car and should be worth the every rupee spent. So he immediately cancelled the option of nano(although I love it).he told me to go for a bigger and better car (which in his opinion nano is not).as I was forcing him for a car ,I was of the opinion that I should spend as much less money as possible. But somehow his reputation thinking took over my thinking of reducing the budget. I had given the choices of alto 800 and wagon r cng to my family as far as the budget and reputation are concerned. We had visited fort point, thane and compared both the cars. Ultimately wagon r won the race undoubtedly and as expected. Father told me that he is ready for my wish of a car and will be happy to spend some extra money for it. now when he was ready I did not bother to discuss it further and finalized the waggy.i don’t know whether I did it right or wrong but I always feel that I have this car only because of my wish and forcing and I have to justify its buying in near future at any cost. I always keep asking father whether he is really happy about new car and spending 4.50 lakhs just for my wish, he always says that yes he is really happy.(all fathers in the world are great and they love their kids more than mothers but they don’t show it or can’t express it-just my personal opinion). But my conscience says that he is NOT that happy. I am asking myself this question 100 times a day whether I am right or wrong. But I still love you dad for this. I promise you while writing this review that one day I will make you proud of me for this decision of car buying. Details of the car:
1) Name: wagon r lxi cng BS-4 metallic grey
2) TOTAL ON ROAD COST:4,49,900/-(after total cash discount-11,000,corporate discount-3000 and consumer offer-35000)
3) No free accessories given due to high cash discount, but managed to get free steering cover, perfume, mud flap, rubber matting after negotiation.
4) Rubber matting is of alto for time being, will get the wagon r matting in 1st service due to out of stock.
5) Insurance, registration and other work done by the dealer and not by me.(of course I paid and the dealer did it for me).I had thought of doing it myself to reduce the cost further but finally gave it to the dealer as he gave me good cash discount.
6) Delivery was in time.
7) Absolutely pleasant experience at the dealership.100 out of 100.
8) But few bad spots over a beautiful face like -1) no information given about auto loyalty card at the time of delivery; 2) my original documents are still with the dealer. 3) Dealer not ready with wagon r matting and gave alto rubber matting. 4) I had expected bottle perfume and was given a piece of paper which is a so called perfume.5) I have still not received the sales certificate in original and not in duplicate as well. Dealer says that it’s not given to the customer and they will retain it, and I don’t know the fact hence wrote this point.
9) My car came with JK tyres from 41st week of 2012.
10) My car is manufactured in octo 2012.
11) My car left the plant on 23rd octo 2012 and reached the stockyard on 29th octo.
12) No HSRP number plate as expected by vibhor.
13) on 3rd day itself,went to pune via express highway and covered almost 230 kms.
14) Overall dealership and buying experience was at par.
15) this was all about my current dealer from whom i actually bought the car.before going ahead read this link,post no.72 for my previous dealer experience. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...invited-6.html Actual buying experience
: to be frank enough I don’t want to elaborate on this point because it was as usual same things that other people experience (I mean good and advisable things) and those same techniques to attract customers. But I need to mention few points like 1) I was allowed to do 2 PDI in very first attempt of telling them about it.2) although it was heavy cash discount, I got a brand new car( only 6 days old manufactured) and the desired color. I hope I am right as far as the manufacturing date and month is concerned. 3) While doing 1st PDI at the stockyard, it is a usual practice that we ourselves do it. But in my case, it was 3 persons who did it. There were 2 stockyard persons who were willing to help me in the PDI. (Can’t imagine stockyard people of so much helpful).these people were in constant touch with me till the end of my delivery. They were giving me the report as to when the car left the stockyard for registration and all other things. Delivery day:
when we reached the dealership on 11th nov 2012, our car was parked with a parking cover and the sales executive was waiting for me. as I told earlier in other threads that my payment terms were like 10,000 on booking, 3,90,000 after 1st PDI, and remaining 49,900/- after 2nd pdi and document checking on delivery day. So I started checking the documents and did the 2nd PDI and paid the remaining amount. I got all things in original except sales certificate and insurance copy and RC book which I will get in 45 days by RTO. i got 5 liters of petrol free from dealer and full tank of cng. I got an idol of ganpati, chocolate box and a teddy bear free. My brother took some pics and did pooja and we left the showroom. All in all 500% satisfied with the overall buying and delivery experience and the cost of the car. About the driving experience
: let me start with only one word and that is makkhan (butter).it’s so smooth to drive. And I am enjoying every moment and movement of it. My driving experience is somewhat similar with other owners of waggy cng but few more points which I felt I need to mention are as follows.
1) Drop in Pick up is not felt as far as my car is concerned. I mean even if it is there I never experienced it.
2) Gears are perfect for city as well as highway driving.
3) NVH level is satisfactory.
4) Inside space is phenomenal.
5) For my requirement of car, the things like interior, music system, seat color, or luggage space don’t matter. (Although I am a big fan of car music.)
6) Petrol to cng conversion takes place in no time.( and I mean in no time)
7) I am satisfied with breaks and clutch settings.
8) It’s my personal experience that engine is so smooth and noiseless that I actually cranked the engine twice while it was actually running.
9) Last but not the least is mileage. This is one particular point which I will tell you all after some time because I will need a space and time of you all guys. Because I want to ask some questions to you and I will discuss it in another post in this thread. Till then this is my review and ownership details. Enjoy it. Any suggestions and corrections are welcome.
here are the pics of my new waggy.
So called perfume
Alto matting for time being