Originally Posted by envynicky
I got a new Wagon R CNG delivered recently, have been trying to get grip of it's offering and best way to drive the machines. Need some inputs and guidance form you, can you please guide me?
1. My CNG indicator on Dashboard is blinking, does it mean I have ran out of CNg totally? It was already on red indicator for sometime now?
2. I tried switching to petrol which worked like charm and then back to CNG but now it does not come back to CNG. Does that mean CNG is completely finished or the switching does not working when the red indicator is on?
3. When I go for a re-fill, how should I do it. I get the temperature and pressure thing but how to get tank filled? Should I ask for specific quantity to be put in? or can I ask to fill the tank like in petrol and the guy can deliver a filled tank without my involvement?
The question i know would mean silly to guys over here but I am not ashamed to ask something which I am not sure of.
first of all,let me thank tou that you gave an opportunity to help you or to guide you. kindly note that while answering your questions, i will tell my observations and not the correct answers.
1) i am sure you have new facelifted model of new wagon r.in this model there are many changes made regarding the cng system one of whcih is it gets converted into petrol mode automatically whn run out of cng unlike our earlier models. and also in earlier models there is no blinking in dashboard light ( as far as my knowlede is concerned). your car simply gets jerked and turned off whn cng is empty. but your new model hopefully has a corrected feature of blinking also and getting converted to petrol automatically also. but dnt knw abt 2nd or 3rd time conversion from petrol to cng and vice versa.
2) according to my knowledge ,if you are converting into cng mode when cng is fully empty, ur car simply turn itself off.but it will definitely switch over to cng mode(will be indicated by green petrol pump indicator on right had side of steering.)
3) yes you are right, you dont have to watch the reading compulsory. you need to ask for filling and just keep quite. only area that i m concerned is the pressure. it is usually 200 psi to 210 psi.if its there then you are lucky. and be careful while filling cng because its all about gas pressure game so some stations like one in kasarwadi in pune somehow increases the price reading manually without filling correct amount of gas.i don't know how they do it but many people have experienced it including me. i dont know what other TAI
people think about this possibility.
and last but not the least is take very good care of your waggy....treat it like your 1st or 2nd wife as the case may be