From the last few months I was planning to buy a hatch & my priorities were good driving comfort,hasslefree ownership,decent mileage. Hence as per my liking & understanding i have choosen few cars for test drive.
Below are the points/my observations i would like to share with you all.
* My Options : Suzuki Ritz / Suzuki Swift / Honda Brio / Toyota Liva Suzuki Ritz
• Low maintenance
• Decent boot space
• Powerful engine
• feels solid built quality - ives :
• Looks spacious from outside but interior space doesn’t excites
• Steering is bit tight although it steers well.
• Leg space is not so great in front as well as in rear, driver’s leg touches the gear console always which feels bit uncomfortable sometimes.
• Fun to drive quotient is totally missing in this vehicle. Suzuki Swift
• Amazing Engine Refinement
• Good exterior design
• Amazing highway stability
• Interiors, this car has one of the best interiors in its class
• Amazing Gear shifts, smooth as butter. -ives :
• Blind Spots, it feels like cage from inside, driver viewing angle is not that great.
• No airy feeling
• High price
• Not as spacious as it looks from outside Honda Brio
• Awesome ivtec sweet engine, it loves to be revved.
• Absolutely Fun to drive car
• God given Super Lite Steering
• Amazing Performance, Handling, Drivability
• Magic Space Management, looks small from outside but it has lots of passenger space inside, best shoulder space in back seat. front seats are so spacious that one never feels like sitting in a hatchback car
• Total VFM
• Honda Reliability
• Long lasting Spares compare to other cars in its segment
• Looks, I love the way it looks from outside
• High Quality Plastics used in Interiors
• Small Turning Radius is a boon for U-Turns
• Amazing Sound Quality of Stock Music System, Steering Mounted Audio Controls gives icing on the cake.
• Stylish & Ergonomically Designed Seating
• Premium Tricolor Dashboard
• 5 Bottle Holders -ives :
• Compact Boot Space
• Air condition cools the cabin decently but not as chiller as of swift
• Back Door Power Window Switch not so appealing
• Gear shifts are good but not great
• Manual Radio Antenna
• No Adjustable Head Rest Toyota Liva
I have also test drove Toyota Liva,but it really difficult to digest its interior part (no offence to toyota owners).
I love the way car handles on poth holes,spacious vehicle,good engine,handling characteristics are also great but somehow i failed to convince myself for liva.i even mailed Toyota Japan (overseas department) & asked them how come they are selling their car with compromised interiors in india & also got reply from them,which is again not satisfactory.
Various test drives done of brio before zeroing on it. (3 times to be precise + 1 at the time of booking)
Seeing the points mentioned above i finally booked HONDA BRIO SMT taffeta white on 17th.oct.12 & got the delivery on 5th.nov.12 Freebies given :
• Anti-rust Treatment
• Teflon Coating
• Floor mats
The dealership experience was amazing, i felt like getting 5 star treatment at the time of delivery.
(Car purchased from Apex Honda,S.V.Rd. Santacruz (w) Mumbai). * Mileage :
First time when the car stepped out from the showroom its already showing the mileage of 13.4 km/L.
Its goes to 19.1 maximum when i took my brio to the highway on the very first day.
In Bumper to Bumper traffic odo shows mileage of 9.1 km/L. only
Although i don’t believe much on meter shown mileage.
I am thankful to theautomotiveindia thread nitin_k which helped me on my various queries.
Me along with my sister and honda guys