Thanks a lot ss80, anilkumargurla, samsag12 and jihu123.
Thanks again for the suggestion ss80. I am quite stunned by the details which you know about the parts and cost of each of them so very well...!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Add new bumpers, front & rear - 900Rs.Front & 880/- rear - Actually speaking the bumpers are in the real good condition and they are strong when compared to the last generation 800's in my opinion.
2. Replace those wiper arms & blades with Type2 800 ones (clip type) - (250Rs. all together) - I had just replaced the blades after i bought it to the type1 800. Price you have mentioned was bang on target!!!!!
3. Indicators seem to be faded (front combo & side fender ones) - replace only glass - 20Rs. each for front & 10Rs each for sides - Yeah, will change the side ones. But want to retain the same rear tail lamps for the originality.
4. Spray paint the front grill matte black - a simple spray can - 90/- - Yeah, hope this will bring shining to the car as well!!! :-)
5. Remove all emission test & wheel alignment center stickers from windshield - Yes, this did not flash to me...will do that today itself.
6. Clean the windshield with toothpaste & water (almost new like sparkling) - With toothpaste????????? was not aware of it at all....will try this weekend.
7. Last - Paint the rims Silver again - 400Rs. for four wheels - Actually, I have put the wheel caps to it and its good for now.
Brought the car back from the service and the drive is so so smooth...Just loving each bit of it...will post the pics soon...
SS80, I am reachable on firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please drop a note, hoping to meet you soon. I saw your car's thread, Man i tell you - I have gone through the same situation and can exactly relate to your condition now. Nevermind, your car will be super cool one once you change your job and your 800 will be one of the best.
All the very best for you and HATS OFF TO THE KNOWLEDGE you have on THE LOVELY 800..
Take care buddy, meet you soon.