Punto Red Emotion MJD - 2 Years of Ownership

Thread Starter #1
I booked my car from Concorde motors, Bangalore in July and finally got the delivery on 19 August.

Exotica Red - MJD - Emotion

Till now i clocked 1200 KM. The engine is much smoother now, after 1000KM.

I am getting 17KMPL, full bangalore traffic, with 50% AC.

I tried couple of long drives, just outskirt of bangalore, i could manage 22 KMPL.

No issues till now, except the rear parcel tray is not fitted properly.

Firstly, RSM welcome to TAI.

Good to hear about your Punto and thanks for sharing it. Could you please update your complete ownership experience with likes/dislikes along with pics [:)].

Cheers,
Vroom

Thread Starter #3
Thanks vroom.
I am trying to upload couple of pictures.. Can you please help me. I am a new member, and i think i don't have option to upload picture.

Couple of pictures -

Offers/Freebies Received

1. Corp Discount - 6K
2. Sunfilm - Llumar (CR20- Silver series)
3. Perfume and Ganesha Idol
4. Temperory Mats

Promised (Not yet received)

1. Mud Flap
2. Punto Mats
3. Body Cover

Thread Starter #6
vroom said:
I think you have got a set of good free accessories from the dealer. Body cover is a first that I am hearing of a dealer giving it free for the Punto.
Its a promise, see if they can keep it[:D]

@RSM: Congrats on your new ride, I would be joining the new vehicle band wagon soon.My thread is still under discussion :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey RSM!
You have got the coolest ride man!
Waiting for the pics & ownership reports as many members are planning for punto :)

350Z

Core Team
Hi RSM,
A warm welcome to you in The Automotive India and Many Congratulations on your brand new punto.The car looks really cool.
Please do share detailed info on your buy as some of our members are planning to buy it. All the best.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #15
Buying
I was looking for a decent hatchback, being my first car.
Initially i was interested in Swift Diesel, but somehow i started looking for other option because of its space inside and lack of features.
I did like the i20, but it didn't look like VFM.

Then Punto got launched, and eversince Linea came to market, i was waiting to see Punto before making my final decision.
Went to Prerna Motors, just after launch.. Me and my wife both loved the car in first look..
Taking final decision didn't take much time..
Asked Prerna Motors, though they did showed interest, they were not ready to give any discounts/offers.

Now its July..Went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle..They gave offers, as i mentioned earlier, basic accessories, Sun Film and Body Cover. So finally made the booking on 12-July and started dreaming about the car!!!
Then came the pain, SBI took 25 days to approve the loan, with multiple visits to their office and follow-ups.. Finally they approved the loan on 5-Aug. The dealer gave me the date of 18-Aug for delivery, but it was changed to 19-Aug. I did some PDI on 18-Aug and gave green signal for registration.

Went at aroung 11 AM to showroom..Car was getting ready...all the paper works done by around 1 PM.
Car came outside, dealer did arrange for Puja..sales guy explained the features and other details and now it was around 2PM.
I took the key and drove away.. hurrahh The beuty was in my hand finally...

So overall buying experience was good, with some delays.. but i was happy..
----------Next Post------------
Owning
I couldn't take emotion pack, but still i feel the emotion varienat has so many useful features..
The car is rock solid even on high speed, i could drive only 110 KMPH for a short while.. Main drive is Bangalore city traffic... Got some small scratch 2nd day itself, thanks to Autowalah..;-(
The quality of body is top class...it was small scratch on my car, but the auto was damaged from front..

I am enjoying the driving.. Initially the engine was not so smooth.. but after 1000KM, i feel its becoming more smoother and peppier.. I don't have any issue with pick-up.. I just drove Alto before, could be the reason...One of my friend, owns Hyundai Accent, also driven my car, and he told the pick-up an dpower is excellent...

Yes the fit-and finish is not of top class.. But i feel not bad at-all.. The driver seat is just fantastic and confortable.. It took 1 week to find the comfortable driving position, but man after that i enjoy to drive...Daily just wait the office hours to finish ;-)

I am very much satisfied with car..

Till now i have not received the mud flaps, original punto mats and body cover.. They are just telling next week it will come, and again next week...
Otherwise great product from Fiat!!!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom