Checked out the 'updated' Thar at a Mahindra dealership. Quickly:
1. Crossbar fitted between A pillar and B pillar to prevent the notorious wham bang kaboom that the B pillar made when it rattled against the door frames on bad roads.
2. AC knobs borrowed from the Bolero. Plastics still scruffy.
3. Dash seemed better with the hacksaw cut areas rounded off but that's like saying Danny Trejo seems better after he has had an orange facial.
4. I could unscrew a nut from the door panel with two fingers and please remember my last name is Dinkar, not Schwarzenegger.
5. Engine sounded smooooth on cold idle.
6. Door handles seemed stronger.
7. The Thar was fitted with what seemed to be negative offset alloys and 31in MT tyres. The SA told me "saar, these aar OEM
aksasareej and therephor barranty bil naat be vaid". Dunno how true that is.
And at the end of it all:
SA: So saar when do ju bant too bai eet?
Me: I need to check the Gurkha first.
SA (after a moment's pause): Okay saar our watchman eej a gurkha ai beel call heem and ju can talk to heem.
p.s.: He was also keen to offer me a test drive but I declined as it was a customer vehicle that was waiting delivery. No claps vlaps please its embarrassing