Originally Posted by SanthoshS
The Vehicle arrived at the dealer's yard on 23rd Dec, Friday.
Did a quick PDI on 24th Dec, Saturday after having to convince the Delivery In Charge and after waiting for an hour. The dealership people were adamant to get the payment done before any inspection. But i insisted to have a quick inspection before any payment and managed to succeed. Attachment 217127
Month of Manufacture is December Attachment 217128
6 KMs in the Odometer Attachment 217129
My Tiago has come with Bridgestone B250 tyres Attachment 217130
Noticed this anomaly in the front Left Bumper corner; it didn't seem like a scratch, probably some coating material; might not have been cleaned properly Attachment 217131
And this was in the Driver side door, the square shaped seal/ dampener was not put in place peoperly Attachment 217132
Interiors were looking ok except it was covered with little dust; checked the music system and it was working fine. Tested the electrical mirror adjustment and that was ok too.
Quickly glanced the engine bay but couldn't start the engine - permission denied.
Though i could only do a quick PDI, i felt satisfied and made the down payment today.
Since the dealer had made the order for Tiago XZ sans Alloys at the time of booking, i had ordered the alloy wheel in picture below in a local shop for Rs.21,900 (Brand - Neo Wheels - Model Illusion MBM). Before placing the order, checked and confirmed the same with dealer last week. To my surprise, alloys were factory fitted in the car; The sales person insisted me to cancel the outside booking but i stood firm with my decision and they gave up finally. Attachment 217136 Attachment 217137 Attachment 217138
Taken the insurance from dealer for Rs. 17,758 (Nil depreciation from National Insurance); They quoted 22300 initially and i wasn't ready to buy it from them nor they were . After a lengthy discussion, 17,758 was the closest offer they could make against the quote i received from Royal Sundaram for Rs. 16834. Finally i gave in and accepted the offer.
Opted for Extended Warranty (Rs.6400) and Promise to Protect (4 Years 45000 KMs for 4399). Sales manager had no clue about the P2P; Thanks to Prabhagar, i enquired about this new plan to the Service Manager and opted-in.
Accessories: bought seat covers and car cover for Rs.9000. Sales person has agreed to provide Mud Flap, Floor Mats and Car Perfume (all worth Rs.2000) free od charge.
Also planning to take Underbody coating, Sun Film and Teflon coating for Rs.5500 (yes, discounted price).
Requested the dealer to complete the registration and other formalities ASAP
(i don't mind registering the car at the last week of the year); hoping to take delivery of the car on Wednesday, 28th December.
Spending 4 hours at the showroom today, i could steike casual conversation with the dealership employees. Asked them the reason for delivery delay (74 days as of today since booking on 11th Oct, against the promised delivery of 50 days); apparently the truth is that the Owner had recently done his showroom registration again by adding his mother as co-owner / partner (couldn't understand why though). Tata Motors couldn't complete the billing as they had to wait for the new TIN to get updated in the records and database. Ultimately the problem was at the dealer's end.
I will post the cost breakup and the full buying experience post delivery.
Took delivery of my Tiago Revotron XZ Espresso Brown yesterday.
1. Modern design, excellent build quality, pleasant interiors,
2. Awesome In-Car Entertainment System,
3. Neat instrument cluster with its white backlight
4. Default rear parking sensors,
5. Speed sensing Auto-lock.
1. Rear Seat adjustable head rests ( I would have personally compromised any other Gimmicks like Navigation for the adjustable head rests at the rear).
2. As far as i know, the climate control system doesn't display the chosen temperature (need to check this personally though).
3. No outside ambient temperature display.
4. I would have loved bit more pick up from this 3 pot cylinder. The engine was slower than i expected to pull from stand-still. I guess i need to get used to rev hard while making initial move. Yet i think people who are new to driving four wheelers like me have to exercise more caution as too much acceleration may be dangerous in tight spaces / bumper-to-bumper traffic.
1. Ex Showroom price of Tiago XZ Revotron is Rs. 4,99,055. For the Non Alloy version of my Tiago, the dealer has reduced the ex-showroom price by Rs.14,975.
2. Default warranty for Tiago is 24 Months or 75000 kms. For comparison Maruti gives a basic warranty of 2 years/40,000 Kms and Hyundai gives 2 Years/Unlimited Kms. You can avail extended warranty either upto 3 years / 75,000 kms or upto 4 years / 1,00,000 Kms.
3. As per Form 20, i had to pay only Rs. 51,806 to the RTO in Hosur, Tamilnadu. But the dealer had collected Rs. 53,948. I would recommend to check and negotiate with the dealer before making the payment. In my case, i checked with the sales rep and he assured that i will get the proof for the whole amount. But didn't get any. After making full payment, it is useless to talk this point with them so i gave up the idea.
4. Wierdly, the music system display screen was not turning off after withdrawing the key from the keyhole and even after manually swithing off the system. Later, i had to press the Display Off Switch on the top left corner of the display. Need to check the manual for proper settings.
5. I waited for 83 days to get the car delivered. This is solely due to dealer side issues. Finally my Tiago was ready for registration on 29th Dec, 2016. However i requested the dealer to wait for new year registration.
6. Going to get the alloy wheels fitted this saturday. Will post some pics after the installation.
I am planning to post the ownership review shortly after completing 2000 KMs on the Odo.