Originally Posted by yjgandhi
Got the call from dealer - My Elite Asta(O) VTVT Arrived.
They said VIN changed with bit numbers difference as they got another trailer first...
I have asked that I will completely heck car first before allotting to me. After PDI from their side they are going to show me card tomorrow and then i will do insurance online and take delivery on Sunday...
Is there any specific thing i have to keep in mind while PDI/Delivery?
1. look for any kind of damages which may have occurred while loading unloading
(human error).ITS HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO FIND ANY BUT CHECKING WONT HURT.
2. You might wanna take a friend with you who can be a helping hand in the inspection
of the car
3. Note down the vin number so that u know they are giving you the car that u inspected there is a sticker on the the window where model name and vin is written
4. Finalize the deal and take care of your payments if satisfied with the car.
THE MAGIC DAY ARRIVES
1. Accept the delivery in broad day light
2. Make sure they have properly cleaned the car
3. Get all the documents from the dealership like bill for the car itself of any accessory that u may buy and make sure that name is spelled correctly on the registration form
4. Take with you a pendrive so that u can check out them 8 speaker system and connect your phone with bluetooth to check if its working fine.
5. Even if u know all the features,ask the sales guy to explain everything to you and
check that all the electronics are working like wipers headlights etc.
6. Check the overall mileage of the car,it shouldn't be more than 50km,mine was delivered with just 10km on the clock.
7. After the delivery make a stop the fuel station,get fueled up and check the tyre
pressure, tyres are usually over inflated at the factory. get them down to 33psi.
8. Finally the important thing , you have invested a lot to buy this vehicle
so be absolutely sure to take a camera with you so you can capture all the happy moments..and if we automotive indian are lucky enough we might get to see your photograph taking the delivery so that we can congratulate you and be a part of your happiness.