Test Drive Review of new Fiesta (Titanium) by Honda City 2014 Diesel User. Liked:
1. The Aston Martin Grill. (No need of explantion.)
2. Chrome Waistline Moulding (like Audi, BMW, Merc..)
3. Door Handle is Body coloured (No Chrome, matching with body, Not glaring too much like City)
The above 3 gives premium car feel. The design also looks cool. I liked it.
4. Automatic Head Lamps (with Guide me Home option. If you close the door also, the head lamps glows for some time. It helps us to find our way in the dark.)
5. Puddle lamps & Foot lamp in cabin.
6. Rear Chrome strip.
7. Adjustable Rear Head rests.
8. Foldable Rear Seat.
9. ODO meter (like Binocular setup)
10. Body strength.
11. Low NVH levels than Honda City.
12. Steering with Cruise control and audio controls. (It has a finger grip grooves in the back for better grip. Looks small gives sporty feel). The response of steering is good.
13. ICE operation central console.
14. Interior colours. (Not like a Honda City dirt magnet).
15. Rain sensing wipers.
16. The Engine.
Easy to drive in bumper to bumper, overtake in Highway, IMO
good pickup than City to clear the traffic. Low NVH levels than Honda City even @ 2500 RPM. Definitely can't beat Honda City. Honda City gave City mileage of 18.4KMPL, but Fiesta gave only 15.3KMPL.
17. Wider tyres 195/60 R 15. But Honda City tyre is 175 only. Stock you get only Good Year & MRF. You don't get Michelin, Bridgestone.
18. Front Seats: Looks neat and sport feel. Being a average person, I felt little difficult to accommodate myself in the seat while beginning of the TD. I hope the seat try to support the rips of the person than the back. If you are more than average body, it will be difficult to accommodate you in the seat. The leg room is good.
19.Gear Box: It was smooth than my Honda City. But only 5+R. Not Matching with City's 6+R to improve the mileage effect.
20. Suspension: Its absorbs good amount of pot holes and humps than Honda City.
Ford Mondeo style boot nicely integrated with Ford Fiesta of UK (may be EU). DisLIKED
1. Head Light - It should have been a Projector Headlight to bring more appeal to the car.
2. Every where light glows when you open the door. (Guide me home headlamp, Puddle lamp, Foot lamp)
3. Front Seats. - It's not giving a comfort sitting position. (I'm average body person).
4. Cup Holders: Not designed properly. Looks Naked.
5. Hand Rest: Totally Missed.
6. No Rear AC Vents
7. AC working condition.
8. Some unwanted paper storage pockets in roof above the front seat, sides of gear shifting gear. ( IMO
, if you fill some paper in these pocket, it will give dustbin feel.)
9. Alloy design.
10. Rear Seat: Seats are not having proper thigh support both front and rear. No leg room for the rear seat passenger. Need to sit upright. Can't relax at all. Adjustable head rest blocks the rear view. Honda City is superb in this area.
11. Rear brake lamp: Kept at top of rear wind shield. (Kids can insert their finger between windshield and lamp and try to break it)
12. Trip meter: Need to go inside the tunnel to see the details. Honda City MID is simple and better than fiesta.
13. ICE Display: Again we need to inside the tunnel. Display should be bigger and in front.
14. Reverse of Car: No camera, only sensor. Sensor even without the distance. Not expected in Titanium Variant.
15. Antenna: Too long that to in front. Ford, Trend is Changing now. People are going for Shark fin.
16. Mileage: It can't come even near to Honda City.
17. Oh I forgot!
.The Steering stacks. The lane change indicator in the left side rather than in the right side. Ford users may comfortable at it after some time. I find it very difficult. SA is operated the lane change indicator during my TD. (I hope it is a correct design for Europe who drive in left hand side. Change the gear with Right Hand. I want to take a turn and change the gear at a time. I can't to go any god ask for extra left hand. What is main problem in changing the stacks Ford. (If Henry Ford would be driving this setup in India, definitely he will sack the lethargic design team of India) I don't know, what is the setup in UK ford vehicles as they drive in Right Hand in the Europe Union.
Pricing: I hope it almost par with Honda City V Variant. My Verdict:
If you want take your family in the vehicle, Not possible. Rear seat can take only 2. Middle Hump very evident. No leg room. You won't enjoy with even small family.
If you want to experience the sporty driving style and look. And you think you required only the front seats (hardly uses the rear seat) then this car for you. Go ahead and enjoy the sporty driving vehicle.