Had a visit to Shahwar dealership last weekend, checked out Datsun GO.
They had the top end version (blue shade) & a customized version (white) with some accessories (int & ext) and body graphics on it.
Here are my takes on the car. (personal view) Pros:
- Ample Interior Space. I would say best in terms of what its competitors are offering
- GC of 170mm
- Good boot space of 265ltrs
- Universal Mobile Docking station with USB (charge only) and AUX output. One can use an ipod, cell phone, gps device.
- Integrated front seat looked good. Guess driver + 1 passenger + 1 kid can be accommodated
- Good feel of steering wheel
- Gear shift guide
- Follow me home headlamps
- Plenty of utility spaces
- 2yrs unlimited kms warranty Cons:
- Just a push to close the door didnt help. One needs to really close it. Also, no thud kind of sound while closing
- Thin sun visor, no vanity mirror on offer even in top end variant
- No safety features (ABS
, airbags & EBD
. This has been doing the rounds ever since the specs were out)
- Internally adjustable lever for side mirrors are missing even in top end trim
- Power steering only in top end version, AC in top two trims.
- Rear view mirror does not have day / night settings. Its going to be a pain driving with this under the lights
- Pre-era looking hand brake lever, even though its placed ergonomically
- Fixed position for steering wheel. Although, future addition slot is visible
- No fog lamps even on top end variant (available as an accessory though)
- Tiny tyres for the size of the car (155/70R13)
- No handle grips for front passenger even in top end variant
- Only front two speakers on top end version. Rear speakers need to be set up on parcel tray. (Dont remember seeing a possibility on rear door panel)
- No power window for rear passenger for top end trim
- I somehow felt the flat seats made me feel like falling off. (Maybe this is because am used to the Bucket seats in Brio)
- Open glove box
- No dead pedal
Ex showroom & OTR (RTO, Insurance, std fitment, extended warranty) prices for different trims in Bangalore are as follows
GO D - 317821 ; 388536
GO D1 - 320366 ; 391537
GO A - 352642 ; 429601
GO T - 376577 ; 457829
Colors - Sky (Blue), White, Silver, Ruby (Red)
The SA said about 80 bookings so far (forgot to check the variant though). Delivery expected in 1-1.5 months.
Plenty of accessories in store from Datsun, like roof rails, fog lamps, chrome strips, seat covers, hatch glass roller blinds (good quality).