40000 KM service update
My 1.5 TDCi Ecosport has crossed 40 k km. Yesterday morning gave the car for 5th paid service to Rockcity FSC Trichy. Evening I got the car returned. So here is the service report. Complaints made:
1. Front wheel inner side wear.
2. Brake noise while going down on extreme down slope like malls parking area down slope.
3. Minor Vibration on ACC and Clutch pedal. Status of above complaints after servicing:
1. WA /WB done. Front tyres were removed from wheels and rotated.
2. Brake noise gone. Now brake pedal is super smooth and brakes are become progressive. That’s really good.
3. ACC & clutch pedal vibration gone. Works carried out during this service:
1. Engine oil changed.
2. Oil filter changed.
3. Air filter changed.
4. Brake fluid changed.
6. Engine guard changed. (Under warranty. BTW
cost of this engine guard is Rs. 3854/-)
7. Battery condition checked. There is a slight drop in battery condition.
8. All brakes are cleaned.
9. All the regular service checking like exhaust system, Engine coolant system, all brake lines were checked.
10. Engine waxing done. Now engine bay looks like brand new.
11. AC vacuum/dry cleaning. AC performance has improved significantly.
12. Water wash.
Total Cost: Rs. 7200/-.
I know it is slightly higher due to engine bay waxing and AC dry cleaning. But I am totally satisfied. This time they have cleaned the car thoroughly to my satisfaction. Actually couple of days back there was a call from FORD and I gave strong feedback regarding vehicle cleaning. That may be reason. My observations on vehicle performance after servicing:
1. Engine has become butter smooth. Now there is no shudder during starting or switching off the engine.
2. Pick up has improved and I can feel it. Now the engine revs freely compared to pre service condition. Now it is difficult to keep the revs under 2k.
3. All the controls have become smooth again.
4. All the minor rattles from dash or doors have gone.
5. The car feels tight. It does not feel like a 40 k KM old car. I hope the car will age gracefully. SA advised the following things to be checked during next service:
1. Wiper blades needs to be replaced. I am still running on stock blades.
2. Battery condition is to be checked.
3. Tyres to be checked. My car is running on stock good year tyres.
Over all I am satisfied with ford service and thank you FORD for giving us such a wonderful car.