Originally Posted by Raja
Iam sure you will like the UB it just looks damn great . What was the main reason you rejected the xuv , and fortuner and selected the storme ,? test drive and please update this thread .
May sound flimsy but just didn't belong behind the wheels of the XUV. Some of the other reasons,
1) Felt the interior plastics to be cheap for my taste
2) Hated the disco light setting of the infotainment and dash
3) Front view also too flashy for my taste
3) Needed side facing seats because I really need the boot space by default
4) Last but most important, wife and kids just didn't it (and I was hoping they don't like it)
1) Gear knob is like a walking stick - hated this from the moment I entered the vehicle
2) Too pricey - nothing on offer to justify the price apart from the 'Toyota' brand (could have considered if OTR was around 20 lakhs)
3) No option for side facing seats
4) Kids checked out the Fortuner after the Dicor drive - though they liked this better than XUV, according to them the Dicor felt much bigger.
However, I must confess the overall test drive experience from the point of calling the dealer and the completion was absolutely fantastic for the Fortuner. For Safari, it is better left unsaid. This is one main concern I have - hope things will improve for STORME.
Sure thing - will post my test drive experience after driving the STORME. I was very happy with the braking and handling (apart from taking U-turn) of the Dicor as I had gone thru some emergency situation while test driving (a cow suddenly came out of nowhere on a dark road). Based on what I have read so far about the STORME I guess it only gets better.