Thanks all for the replies, will certainly go up to the service center & press them to make these two changes if need be.
@Raja: Loving the beast & would be taking it to the Tirthan Valley this December when I get back home. I have clocked 4600 kms till now, took the SBI Advantage car loan. Issues(though minor)
faced as per relevance(most irritating first):
1) Outside smell coming inside through A/C, even though re-circulation is on, need to get it checked like others have said.
2) The under thigh support is very less.
3) NO dead pedal & cruise control (although its not an issue, I missed these two really when on excellant roads)
4) I don't know whether my driving style is wrong or what, but when I am on 3rd gear at speeds of around 30, the gear lever shakes like anything & there is a lot of vibration under the 2nd row due to the shaft and very uncomfortable for the passengers. Tried it on 2nd gear & the speed of 30 is too much for my liking as the RPM rate goes above 2500, which for me is not good at low gears.
5) Right arm pains after a long drive(may be due to my driving position as I tend to lean towards the handrest on the left.
6) Chu chu
sound when on very bad roads & I must tell you the sound is very low but it is hell lot irritating. Showed it to the SA during first service, and after service he said its fixed & to me it was fixed but only for that day, I test drove on various bad roads that day but no sound, but it came back a week later. Still cannot figure whether its from the back doors or the rear door.
7) The navigator side door needs a hard push to close.
8) The AC is not a chiller as many here have claimed (probably it is that valve thing which is the solution for both this problem & problem no.1)
9) Can be added to point no.8 as when the AC is put to speeds of 3 or 4 it is too loud for comfort.
10) Although normal potholes are a breeze for the beast, but when you come across those 'no roads of UP' where you have to go zig zag to avoid the volcanic holes at low speed, the body roll is a lot for the passengers.
Now to the Good Things
1) Road presence is immense & the respect it gets is awesome on road, one look into the rear view mirror by the vehicle ahead & they corner themselves.
2) All round visibility is superb, no blind spots what so ever & nothing can beat the commanding view of the front.
3) Super refined engine, you don't even know when you have clocked the three digit mark if you are not looking at the speedo.
4) No fatigue even after driving 400+ kms non-stop.
5) Comfortable & spacious middle row seats with plenty of leg room.
6) Quality of interior plastics on par with international rivals (people's opinion may vary but for me its surely a notch above Hyundai, Volkswagon)
7) The breaks & the confidence it gives can give the big 15+ SUV's run for their money.
Can anyone help me find a good bass tube with buillt-in amp online?
Also, there was a doubt in my mind regarding this - I reversed the car for about 60-70 mtrs & by mistake forgot to disengage the hand brake, but only realised later, will that effect my beast in any context?